Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time to pay our proper homage to Coach Danny Ford.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

It's time to pay our proper homage to Coach Danny Ford.

Oct 3, 2012, 11:35 PM

This is a man who loved his kids, their mamas and daddys, and Clemson like no other. His is rarefied air and he should be honored properly and with great fanfare at home in Death Valley without delay.

Clemson Nation owes him a statue outside of our gates. The prez and AD at the time he was let go were soft and misguided. The biggest board dissenter, still, has the name of a renowned chicken farmer. It doesn't make any sense for this man to be relegated to the sidelines any longer.

We need to celebrate Coach Ford and hail him as the champion and outstanding Clemson Ambassador that he was and always will be. He's roots, and a big reason that our university has had the overall success and growth over the past twenty years. He put us on the map, and made the territory more accessible in the process.

It's time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AGREE!!!

Oct 21, 2023, 10:47 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time to pay our proper homage to Coach Danny Ford.

Oct 4, 2012, 3:35 AM

I love Danny but a statue no i dont agree. Alittle much

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ring of Honor Yes...Statue No.....***

Oct 4, 2012, 7:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Love him.....All in on ROH......Statue? Tom Clemson enough.***

Oct 4, 2012, 7:18 PM

Re: Ring of Honor Yes...Statue No.....***

Oct 5, 2012, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Ring of Honor Yes...Statue No.....*** ]

agree!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why not a statue?

Oct 4, 2012, 7:16 AM

The man set the standard here at clemson.........still the most ignorant move ever to force him to resign......pretty much killed clemson football for 20 years......build the #### statue now.

Re: why not a statue?

Oct 4, 2012, 4:33 PM

As a rule - never build a statue to commemorate a person that's still alive.

Ask Penn State.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

they put statue of joepa when he was still there.danny isnt***

Oct 4, 2012, 7:23 PM

How in the world does that matter? Are you saying it would

Oct 5, 2012, 1:00 PM

have been OK for PSU to have a statue outside of their stadium of a man that aided a pedophile so long as it was built after he retired?

I really don't think it matters one iota when the statue was put up.

Jim Phillips Deserves a Statue..He will never be matched

Oct 4, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to why not a statue? ]

He did as much to make fans love and experience Clemson Football with his words than anyone....

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

LONG OVER DUE! Ring of Honor

Oct 4, 2012, 7:50 AM

When I was up in "God's Country" I had the best times of my life. I would hardly ever go home because my parents knew I was at all of the games home and away. Being a student there in the late 70's and early 80's were GREAT! Hardnosed defense and an offense that could get 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

FOREVER LOYAL....Go Tigers bash the bees!

I love DF, but noone deserves a statue more than this man...

Oct 4, 2012, 11:34 AM

You are absolutely correct. Coach Howard

Oct 4, 2012, 3:25 PM

established the foundation and is as worthy of statue status as anyone in the game. If we were to have only one outside the stadium, I agree it should be him.

When I look around and see Paterno's statue coming down and so many other successful coaches today that are complete ######bags, we need to make the effort to better recognize the giants of our program that carried themselves with honor and represented our program to the highest degree.

I got sentimental watching "The Darkest Day in Clemson Football" last night and what a pencil-necked ##### Robinson was. It wasn't that Ford was becoming too powerful for a football program, it was because Robinson and Lennon were so weak in character in comparison.

Danny Ford deserves a proper and official acknowledgement from the program of the highest magnitude and it's time for those holdovers on the board to get out of the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I don't think Paterno was a #########. He got

Oct 4, 2012, 6:46 PM

sidelined and his name marred because of people who were trying to cover their a$$es, and who wanted him out of there anyway. Similar deal, more terrible circumstances. Some BOT's were already jealous and wary of his "persona" and others thought he had gotten too powerful. Similar with many folks at any institutiion.

They all have competitive personalities. I actually met Ford once, when he was doing a promotional not long before he took the Arkansas job. I respected him and admired him as a coach when I was a kid, but in reality, he was kind of an arrogant a$$. My point is, many of them are kind of like that, aren't they.

Re: Actually I don't think Paterno was a #########. He got

Oct 4, 2012, 7:10 PM

Obviously you did not meet the man that I' have met on a few occasions. He is far from arrogant !!

Oct 4, 2012, 8:29 PM

i once got a call from danny ford,and believe me it wasn't because i was a big donor,or because i could send him a great recruit.all i had done was send him a letter thanking him for bringing CU through the '81 season and the orange bowl.we spoke for just a couple minutes,and i found him to be a very decent person.i'll always be a fan.he should be recognized and honored.how that's accomplished is up to debate.if CU doesn't do anything for him officially,then maybe t-net and all of the real fans on this board should do something on our own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 5, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Actually I don't think Paterno was a #########. He got ]

OH my Danny was a arrogant a$$ ??? That's a first now tell the whole story. Tell what you said or done???

I'll line up a 1000 people and you want have two people say that about Danny.

It doesn't really matter what Paterno was and wasn't.

Oct 5, 2012, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Actually I don't think Paterno was a #########. He got ]

In the end, he a) knew about what was transpiring with Sandusky, and b) chose not to go outside of PSU with it.

In a situation like that the buck doesn't stop at your bosses. Sure, you tell your bosses first, but if they don't do the right thing with that information, you go around them and do it yourself.

There's really no excuse.

Paterno was always though of as a great man, and he would've been celebrated even more if he gone forth with that he knew at the peril of his beloved university and football program. Instead he put football and the school ahead of the kids, and that terrible choice cost him his entire life's worth and all of the legacy he had built in the process.

Re: It doesn't really matter what Paterno was and wasn't.

Oct 5, 2012, 1:09 PM

very well said..

Coach Howard put us on the map & Danny expanded our image

Oct 4, 2012, 7:31 PM [ in reply to I love DF, but noone deserves a statue more than this man... ]

to that of a year in year national contender.

I believe I read somewhere that he didn't want one.***

Oct 4, 2012, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I love DF, but noone deserves a statue more than this man... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It's time to pay our proper homage to Coach Danny Ford.

Oct 4, 2012, 3:37 PM

It's way past time! And I could be happy with statues of both Danny and Coach Howard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Just a thought

Oct 4, 2012, 6:56 PM

Had the fallout between the Administration and Danny not happened do any of yall think we would have another national championship and how long do you think he would have stayed?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Just a thought

Oct 4, 2012, 6:59 PM

If Clemson put up a statue to a coach, any coach, would every other program in the country put up a rock?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a thought

Oct 4, 2012, 7:13 PM

Va Tech already has a rock !! It's an abomination that Danny Ford is not in the ROH !! I'd like a staue too but that probably won't happen.

He might have done it in 1990.***

Oct 4, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Just a thought ]

I think Danny would have coached 10 more years...

Oct 4, 2012, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Just a thought ]

and I think we would have had at least a 50% chance to win another NC over that 10 year period. We were LOADED and on a roll.

Agreed. I do miss the dominating line play we had...

Oct 5, 2012, 1:45 AM

however, the sad thing about all of that was that we had some sanctions looming, and the powers that be were trying to take control of the situation. Problem is, the public, partially because of media, has a warped perception that football coaches know and are responsible for everything that happens outside the program too, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Re: Agreed. I do miss the dominating line play we had...

Oct 5, 2012, 8:31 AM

You have a problem with Danny!!!! Those sanctions you speak of, you do know Danny was cleared of any wrong doings RIGHT?

Tell us what your problem is with the man

With DF, Clemson would hae been much like FSU in the 90's***

Oct 5, 2012, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I think Danny would have coached 10 more years... ]

He had reached the status where he didn't have to recruit -

Oct 5, 2012, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Just a thought ]

the best players wanted to play for him.

He would have stayed 20 years and won at least 2 more National Championships. We had our Tom Osbourne, Dean Smith, Bobby Bowden type for Clemson and our Admin told him to leave.

Thanks - you just made me get mad about it again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How 'bout a statue of

Oct 4, 2012, 10:32 PM

Coach Heisman, Coach Howard, and Coach Ford playin' poker outside the stadium. Kinda like the painting of the dogs that play poker. Am I on to something???

What about the time he beat up his player for

Oct 5, 2012, 2:35 AM

"doing" his daughter?

2:35 am you post. You must work at one of those 24 hour

Oct 5, 2012, 8:19 AM

Open Burger Kings!!

Late shift stinks huh ?

Re: What about the time he beat up his player for

Oct 5, 2012, 8:33 AM [ in reply to What about the time he beat up his player for ]

Look you pos of ####

you are the only school that had the womens basketball coach caught with one of her players.

Ask Carlen about balling the cheerleader

This comment from someone who calls himself Cockfan...

Oct 5, 2012, 10:25 AM [ in reply to What about the time he beat up his player for ]

more like SUCKER!!!

YEP...agree! ***

Oct 5, 2012, 12:54 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This comment from someone who calls himself Cockfan...

Oct 5, 2012, 1:03 PM [ in reply to This comment from someone who calls himself Cockfan... ]

Agreed This guy needs to be removed.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic