Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a morning at Piedmont Park here in Atlanta! I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,958

What a morning at Piedmont Park here in Atlanta! I

Jul 30, 2016, 2:02 PM

try to get there early this time of year because of the heat. First person I see as I cross 10th street to enter the park is a lady jogging. She said Go Clemson when she saw our shirts. She said she was going to the BC game because it is on a Friday and she is going to run in a 5k in Boston the next day. She happened to mention that she was a freshman in 1981, the national championship season (oh how I wish I was having to say the first national championship season, so close). Anyway, when she said that, I said that I was a freshman in 1981.

A couple of hours later, I am walking and three guys come jogging up from behind. I was wearing a shirt that said 2015 Capital One Orange Bowl Champions with big Clemson and Oklahoma helmets on the back with 37 under the Clemson helmet and 17 under the Oklahoma helmet. One of the guys asks if I was a Clemson fan and I said yes. He pulls off a purple and orange weave bracelet with a tiger paw in the middle of it and says, here take this. He gave it to me and said that he and the two guys he was running with make them and they have a company called GlassU and said I should go to GlassU.com. I went there and thought I would see all sorts of stuff, but mainly I see phone wallets and sunglasses.

There is a small organic farmers market in the park on Saturday mornings and sometimes I look around sometimes I don't. Well, we decided we'd like to buy some peaches and maybe some honey. They were all organic. Next thing you know, I am talking with another Clemson grad. What a small world it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stopped reading at "Piedmont Park in Atlanta"....***

Jul 30, 2016, 5:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a morning at Piedmont Park here in Atlanta! I

Jul 30, 2016, 5:47 PM

Too funny. I was also there doing my run by I waited a little later today. Got a few Go Tigers on my run at the oval

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my daughter (clemson 07) lives next door to the nook

Jul 30, 2016, 5:51 PM

her dad has loved the nook for years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Been injured for 2.5 years, or you might have saw me

Jul 30, 2016, 10:18 PM

out there with a Clemson running hat as well this morning. I live about 3/4 of a mile from there. I work at a local running store....I've noticed quite an increase in Clemson people in the running community the last few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a morning at Piedmont Park here in Atlanta! I

Jul 31, 2016, 9:54 AM

sounds like a very interesting morning with a lot of "friends".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,958
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic