Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Desert Cat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Desert Cat

Jan 28, 2015, 7:01 AM

Desert Cat

Chandler Catanzaro walked out of the locker room following Clemson’s thrilling win over Ohio St. in the Orange Bowl last year, and while he was happy to end his collegiate career on a high note he also wondered what the future held as he pondered whether he would go to medical school or get a chance to kick in the NFL. He wonders no more, and breaks down his stellar rookie campaign in an exclusive interview with TigerNet. Photo by Mark J. Rebilas / USATODAY
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story... Hopefully you'll get to do many more soon....***

Jan 28, 2015, 7:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations Chandler on a great rookie season!***

Jan 28, 2015, 7:29 AM

And he still had time to get with Lapkip and offer words

Jan 28, 2015, 7:55 AM

of encouragement. Seemed to pass on some mojo to him after a crappy start to the season.

What a great player and Clemson Rep.I knew we would

Jan 28, 2015, 8:26 AM

miss Catman a lot. An unselfish person who returned
and helped Lapkik when he was struggling. No matter
what team he plays for I will always be a Catman fan.
Congrats on a great year and I hope in 20 years I
will read an article on page 6 in the sports page
that says most prolific kicker to play in the NFL
retires holding every major record. Chandler Catanzaro
Good Luck!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a fine young man. Great to hear these stories.***

Jan 28, 2015, 9:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never forget Auburn ... a cautionary tale.

Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 AM

No one should forget the heat he took after that heartbraking Auburn loss so many years ago now. It is a reminder that these guys can and will mature over time and need the fans support more than our ire and hate.

It is hard to imagine the next 3 years never happening if he had quit after his freshman campaign the way many would have liked.

I love kickers and Clemson has had a few greats (Hatcher, Igwebuike, Treadwell ...). Let's go ahead and add Catanzarro to that great list. It takes nerves of steel to come off the bench cold and and put a punt inside the 20 or through the uprights.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Have to include Obed Ariri in that list***

Jan 28, 2015, 9:39 AM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Gardocki says hello...

Jan 28, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Never forget Auburn ... a cautionary tale. ]

IMO he was the best Kicker Clemson ever had because he could do both PK and Punting with equall excellence. Not to mention the long time career in INDY. At one point he went almost his entire career without having a single punt blocked. Met his Parents and Son in the South Lower years back during the Bowden years. Great family of Tigers!

Agreed! +1 Gardocki is/was the greatest kicker

Jan 28, 2015, 10:53 AM

in CU history since I've been a fan. Chandler certainly has the potential to be the next great NFL PK from CU. Only time will tell, but he's off to a great start. I hope I'm wrong, but it'll be tough to ever find/get another PUNTER as good as Gardocki. His punts seemed to hang in the air forever, and maybe more importantly, he got the ball in the air quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats Chandler on a great rookie season! I distinctly....

Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 AM

remember meeting your parents before the UNC game in 2010 in the med school parking garage. We were able to park there because my son was in med school at UNC at the time and your parents and sister parked next to us. I think I remember them having either a license plate or sticker on the car that said "Catman". We talked with your parents for about 5 minutes before they headed towards the stadium. You come from a great family and deserve everything you have earned.

I remember a UNC friend of my son (who tailgated with us) saying after the game, "Looks like Catman needs some kicking lessons" (after you missed a kick in the game) and we commented that you were only a freshmen and would get better. Little did we know how good you would become!

Again, congratulations! I look forward to seeing you make kicks for the Cards for many years to come!

Re: Congrats Chandler on a great rookie season! I distinctly....

Jan 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

that's weird, I had the exact same experience at the UNC game in 2010, when I used my med school parking pass to sneak myself, some friends, and family into the parking garage. We met Dr. and Mrs. Catman, and my brother in law, a tarhole lawyer, gave us hell (especially because we lost that game). Catman and Clemson (and Deborah Crowder) quickly shut him up the next year and thereafter.

I wonder if you are my father KeoweeTiger76?

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Nice article, congrats Desert Man!***

Jan 28, 2015, 10:37 AM

Re: New Story: Desert Cat

Jan 28, 2015, 10:48 AM

Congrats on a great rookie season in the NFL. Hope you continue to build a great career in the NFL, and you are probably having more fun with that than Med School. Save Med School for something to be after you retire. GOOD LUCK !!! GO TIGERS!!!

Congrats, Catman.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I thought I'd never get over Catman's first season.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:39 PM

In his last year I counted the points before the snap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tigers need to hire Morten Anderson. CatMan's kick

Jan 28, 2015, 1:16 PM

offs are much deeper as a pro than they were when he was at Clemson.

Great story!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Catman Do!***

Jan 28, 2015, 2:20 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic