Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a frigging joke, D Sen. from Delewar Chris Coons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What a frigging joke, D Sen. from Delewar Chris Coons

Apr 3, 2017, 1:16 PM

stating he cannot vote for Gorsuch because of his views on a citizens right to privacy. I wonder what he thinks of Obama spying on #### near anyone and everyone he so chose to spy on......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a frigging joke, D Sen. from Delewar Chris Coons

Apr 3, 2017, 1:20 PM

What does this have to do with Clemson Football

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: What a frigging joke, D Sen. from Delewar Chris Coons

Apr 3, 2017, 1:23 PM

The days of privacy are gone. There is a record of every communication. My neighbor can buy a drone and fly it high over my house and zoom in through a window and read my shopping list. It's a brave New world that I will not enjoy over the years I have left on this planet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should go off grid now

Apr 3, 2017, 1:24 PM

A good start would be to log out of tnet and never log back in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You should go off grid now

Apr 3, 2017, 1:26 PM

Did I p!Ss in your oatmeal old man? I thought you liked the flavor..

Re: You should go off grid now

Apr 3, 2017, 1:32 PM

I think would be #45. So I've heard...

That reminds me, tell Mrs. Existu to quit shutting the

Apr 3, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: What a frigging joke, D Sen. from Delewar Chris Coons ]

blinds when she showers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: That reminds me, tell Mrs. Existu to quit shutting the

Apr 3, 2017, 1:30 PM

She doesn't... Update your Google maps.

But what's his opinion on who will start at QB?

Apr 3, 2017, 1:37 PM

I guess you were also upset that the republicans blocked Merrik Garland.

No. I wasn't.***

Apr 3, 2017, 8:55 PM

Lutz. Here is the history of the Patriot Act:

Apr 3, 2017, 2:04 PM

I'm sure you spoke out against the Patriot Act where only 3 Republicans and 63 Democrats in the House voted against. The Senate voted in favor 98-1. I was very much in favor of it. How about you?

H.R. 3162 (107th): Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT ACT) ...

This was a vote to pass H.R. 3162 (107th) in the Senate.

The PATRIOT Act is an Act of Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. With its ten-letter abbreviation (USA PATRIOT) expanded, the full title is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001".

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records, and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.

Following a lack of Congressional approval, parts of the Patriot Act expired on June 1, 2015. With the passage of the USA Freedom Act on June 2, 2015, the expired parts were restored and renewed through 2019. However, Section 215 of the law was amended to stop the National Security Agency from continuing its mass phone data collection program. Instead, phone companies will retain the data and the NSA can obtain information about targeted individuals with permission from a federal court.

From broad concern felt among Americans from both the September 11 attacks and the 2001 anthrax attacks, Congress rushed to pass legislation to strengthen security controls. On October 23, 2001, Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month. The next day, the Act passed the House 357 to 66, with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent. The three Republicans voting 'no' were Robert Ney of Ohio, Butch Otter of Idaho and Ron Paul of Texas. On October 25, the Act passed the Senate by 98 to 1.

Opponents of the law have criticized its authorization of indefinite detentions of immigrants; the permission given law enforcement officers to search a home or business without the owner's or the occupant's consent or knowledge; the expanded use of National Security Letters, which allows the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to search telephone, e-mail, and financial records without a court order; and the expanded access of law enforcement agencies to business records, including library and financial records. Since its passage, several legal challenges have been brought against the act, and federal courts have ruled that a number of provisions are unconstitutional.

Many provisions of the act were to sunset beginning December 31, 2005, approximately four years after its passage. In the months preceding the sunset date, supporters of the act pushed to make its sun-setting provisions permanent, while critics sought to revise various sections to enhance civil liberty protections. In July 2005, the U.S. Senate passed a reauthorization bill with substantial changes to several sections of the act, while the House reauthorization bill kept most of the act's original language. The two bills were then reconciled in a conference committee that was criticized by Senators from both the Republican and Democratic parties for ignoring civil liberty concerns.

The bill, which removed most of the changes from the Senate version, passed Congress on March 2, 2006, and was signed into law by President George W. Bush on March 9 and 10, 2006

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure his post was about the Patriot Act

Apr 3, 2017, 2:16 PM

Even if it was about Obama using powers under the Patriot Act, the real hypocrisy there is on the part of Coons, who apparently opposes a judge for not having stated views different enough from the laws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There you go. Libs, and if you are lib, you are definitley

Apr 3, 2017, 9:00 PM

in the minority, cannot listen to what you say or read what you write without spinning it into some gibberish that only their own minions blatantly drool over. So, I am assuming you are conservative because you got my point.

And as far as the Pubs not allowing Obama another chance to taint the Supreme Court with yet another idiot, I have no problem. I believe the Dems did much the same with Bush.

Now, if Ginsberg will just go ahead and move to New Zealand like she promised, we can set the tone for the rest of my lifetime.

Re: There you go. Libs, and if you are lib, you are definitley

Apr 4, 2017, 10:18 AM

She and Cher are trying to coordinate their departure together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Written prior to and waiting for the excuse.... 9/11. It was

Apr 4, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Lutz. Here is the history of the Patriot Act: ]

a "Constitutional Coup" and still in effect. The anthrax attacks were another false flag to threaten Congress into passing it without truly vetting the implications... civil liberties aside.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dems' justifications for a filibuster have been very cynical

Apr 3, 2017, 2:14 PM

I'm not even sure they believe them. I mean, you have Claire McCaskill on tape saying she thinks a filibuster is probably a bad idea, then like 2 days later she comes out in favor of a filibuster because she says Gorsuch "lacks humanity."

Delaware***

Apr 3, 2017, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I can spell, I just can't type. Although, that is how they

Apr 3, 2017, 9:02 PM

say it in Pickens county.

Privacy. Like grown men going into little girls' bathrooms?***

Apr 3, 2017, 5:16 PM

Exactly.***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:02 PM

And don't forget all the female sex offenders going into

Apr 4, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Privacy. Like grown men going into little girls' bathrooms?*** ]

little girls'bathrooms and male sex offenders going into little boys' bathrooms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic