Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gentle Giant: Grady Jarrett's success starts with family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 51

New Story: Gentle Giant: Grady Jarrett's success starts with family

Jan 6, 2015, 10:09 AM

Gentle Giant: Grady Jarrett's success starts with family

Grady Jarrett – the dominant football player that you see on the field and the selfless leader behind the scenes – has been a man in the making since he was three years old and it all starts with the two people he calls mom and dad. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a fantastic story!

Jan 6, 2015, 10:18 AM

VERY well done Nikki. What a great story and eloquently written.

Tugs at my heart strings a little.

Re: What a fantastic story!

Jan 6, 2015, 8:21 PM

As a mother... it tugs at my heart. Well said.

Re: New Story: Gentle Giant: Grady Jarrett's success starts with family

Jan 6, 2015, 10:21 AM

Great story! Proud of him and of his family for guidance through it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a father, this knotted up my throat

Jan 6, 2015, 10:34 AM

Talk about doing it right....wow. My Pop used to tell me, "respect me, I am your father....but you better love the hell out of your mother, she carried you for 9 months and gave birth to you. Do NOT ever let her down." Grady is my favorite Tiger since Jeff Bryant and Jeff Davis and is the best pure DT I have ever seen with a Paw on. Hey Grady, wreck shop in the NFL and when we hear you say "Grady Jarrett, Clemson Tigers" on MNF intros Tiger Nation will all stand and applaud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a father, this knotted up my throat

Jan 6, 2015, 10:42 AM

And after that, we hope you return to Clemson, join the staff and teach your trade and moral excellence to our student athletes. Congratulations to you and your loving family.

Jan 6, 2015, 12:31 PM [ in reply to As a father, this knotted up my throat ]

We will all applaud Grady's success for sure, but I could also give him a bow of respect b/c he has done it all with a deep Clemson pride for his Clemson family. Grady is just one more example why we should keep our negative attitudes/gestures out of recruiting by second guessing Dabo and our staff on why in the world would they recruit and offer 2/3* player/players. We were by far the best D1 offer Grady got through out the country in recruiting. And nobody recognizes our staffs ability in recognizing talent below 4*s better than Urban Meyer. If we offer a non popular recruit, before Myer's staff has had a chance to evaluate, Myer has already made an offer. I say leave the recruiting to the staff that knows more about what they need to be successful a lot more than we the fan ever will ever know. Stars were meat to light the sky, and not for judging a humans heart and what they have in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to As a father, this knotted up my throat ]

Well said....

Wait? I thought Jesse Tuggle was Grady Jarrett's dad?

Jan 6, 2015, 10:41 AM

So what is the deal then?

Grady Sr. raised him

Jan 6, 2015, 10:56 AM

I'm not sure to what extent Tuggle has been in his life and it wouldn't be my place to talk about if I did, but Grady Sr. is "dad".

That is correct....

Jan 6, 2015, 11:24 AM

Grady, Sr., raised him and is dad like you say. And I've had a chance to interact with senior quite a bit this season, and he's a good man and love Grady as much as he could love a biological son. Good family.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay that makes sense, just wasnt clear from reading article***

Jan 6, 2015, 1:24 PM

Re: That is correct....

Jan 6, 2015, 2:51 PM [ in reply to That is correct.... ]

Many of men have fathered children and has never once ever been a dad to the children they fathered. It doesn't take much of a man to father a child, but it takes a h&ll of a dad to raise and TEACH them right from wrong. A dad will do without to give to the children they love and raise, and will do their best they know to do, in leading them into being responsible adults!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2015, 12:46 PM

Well said! My Dad was not my Father, but gave me everything I could want and need. As they say, anyone can be a Father, it takes one heck of a man to be a Dad!

Jan 6, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to That is correct.... ]

thanks david..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jessie Tuggle is his biological father

Jan 6, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Wait? I thought Jesse Tuggle was Grady Jarrett's dad? ]

but Grady Sr. raised him. Ray Lewis also had a heavy influence.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Tigers-Grady-Jarrett-boasts-NFL-bloodlines-11646

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Any true Clemson fan should do a comparison between Grady's

Jan 6, 2015, 1:43 PM

stats and those of William Perry.

Now, I'm not saying that Grady "was better" than the Fridge. But to truly appreciate what Jarrett has meant to this team you should see that comparison. Perry played with some serious NFL-caliber talent across the line, and at a time when offenses were much more run-oriented. To be sure, Offenses run more plays now than they did previously, but those opportunities for more sacks/TFL/tackles are spread across the entirety of the defense. There's also more games now than then. The extra opportunities works out to be about 200 extra tackles for a Defense between 1981 and now. Grady sure got his share of them.

Here's a sample:

Grady Jarrett 2013 tackles and TFL - 83 and 11

William Perry 1981 tackels and TFL - 48 and 9
William Devane 1981 tackles and TFL - 32 and 4

he is the most disruptive DT with the biggest motor

Jan 6, 2015, 6:07 PM

I have seen at Clemson in 37 yrs. of watching. I would put him alongside Jeff Bryant, Jim Stuckey, and MD Perry in terms of sheer strength, quickness, consistency, and want to on every play....and those three are the best 3 DL I have seen at Clemson in terms of constant nasty production not to mention about 25 yrs. of NFL time combined.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 2:57 PM

A total class act and a #### of a football player!!! You will be missed next year big man ..... I'll be pulling for you in the NFL!!!

This article is why I love Tigernet

Jan 6, 2015, 3:07 PM

Thanks Nikki. Keep 'em coming.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 6, 2015, 3:07 PM

gowd I wish we had 20 more like him, great story...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 5:00 PM

Great article Nikki. I wish all the sucess in the world to Grady, and you will be missed at Clemson. GO to the NFL and cause as much chaos on the opposing offense as you did at Clemson ! Most of all, take care of your mom and.dad and cherish everything in life that You got from them. GO TIGERS !!!

wonderful story. Love reading positive news for once.

Jan 6, 2015, 8:35 PM

Nikki, thanks for brining a positive story to light. Grady will always be one of my favorite Tigers. It's wonderful to read a story about an athlete with a solid family and a good heart. FSU can have Jameis and his BS Heisman. Give me 83 Grady Jarretts.

What a great motivation to us all!

Jan 6, 2015, 10:13 PM

Grady is the epitome of a great student athlete and person. He has matured beyond his years and I, for one, of many I suspect, am very proud to call Grady, excuse me, Mr. Jarrett my brother.

I don't know about you but I have a 17 year-old son and pray to Almighty God each day that he becomes a man the like of Mr. Jarrett.

As an alumnus of Clemson and more importantly a man who wishes to be called a man of God, thank you Mr. Jarrett for trusting Dabo, Clemson and God. Please return often and be a beacon of how a Clemson man should be. If I were only so big a man!

I'm very proud!

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Jan 7, 2015, 8:30 AM

I have been watching tiger football for over 40 years and my daughter is finishing up her senior year and is a tiger pride member and i got to meet Grady a couple of times and i will tell you this he is my favorite player of all time, not because he is the best nose tackle in the nation but because of who he is as a person, he is a fine young man who is going to be a great Pro in the NFL and all of Tiger Nation is going to miss him for his leadership, integrety, and the class act that he is!!! Thanks Dabo for giving me the oppertunity to meet and watch this man dominate and wear the PAW and for the record thank you Robert Smith who i think is Gradys room mate i put you right there with him, i wish both these guys nothing but the BEST!!!!!! for ever a TIGER and i always will be!!

My favorite Tiger since CJ!

Jan 7, 2015, 8:42 AM

Grady is one of many in this program I would hire to work for me. Obviously, GJ is going to make tons in the league and wouldn't be interested in anything I could offer, but my point is CDS has just done an incredible job of getting the players that "are about the right things" as he so often says. I can't ever remember having that kind if feeling about a football team before. With players like Grady out front, it gives the whole program a boost! I am very proud of Grady and am as proud as ever to be a Clemson Tiger!

Replies: 25
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic