Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a bunch of absolute children
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 660

What a bunch of absolute children

Oct 22, 2020, 9:18 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a bunch of absolute children

Oct 22, 2020, 9:23 AM

Graham gets another lesson in McCain's reach across the isle theory

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

“It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated

Oct 22, 2020, 9:26 AM

you unfairly!”

ACB is a fundamentalist loon. I don’t respect her. If you have a wife or daughters, you shouldn’t, either. This hearing shouldn’t even be happening, per the precedent set in the last cycle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated

Oct 22, 2020, 9:30 AM

Oct 22, 2020, 9:51 AM

She's a member of People of Praise which advocates women's subordination to men and she served as a handmaid within that group.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't push that belief on your wife and daughters, correct? Not much a role model in that sense, no?

But if I'm wrong and you do push that belief on them, just correct me.

Do you see how a Supreme Court justice holding such views could be problematic?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Oct 22, 2020, 10:00 AM

That didn't answer the question, did it?

Oct 22, 2020, 10:16 AM

You never teach your wife or daughters that they are to be subordinate to men, right? Thus, you see the problem with such a belief, correct?

The stuff I posted was true.

As far as the Supreme Court, there is to be no religious litmus test for Justices. She has an outstanding track record by almost all accounts both as a judge and legal scholar. I think if she had a (D) beside her name, Dems would be holding her up as a role model. She’s as accomplished or more so than HRC and Michelle O. The problem seems to be that she’s a Catholic, just like Biden and Pelosi.

I agree it shouldn't be a litmus test, but what should be is if the judge plans to implement religion into decisions over the Constitution, and particularly in the avenue of equal rights. I think it's a question worth asking of her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: That didn't answer the question, did it?

Oct 22, 2020, 10:25 AM

Oct 22, 2020, 10:27 AM

As I said, her religion shouldn't be an issue. What should only be an issue is if she holds and plans to push beliefs that go against our Constitution as a Supreme Court judge.

And I'll assume you agree with me on how her group is wrong to believe women should be subordinate to men as you keep dodging the question, likely because you don't want to admit you agree with me on something.

Oct 22, 2020, 10:49 AM

She's led such a subordinate lifestyle?

Oct 22, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated ]

That would be her hubby.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe research that group I mentioned.***

Oct 22, 2020, 10:40 AM

Re: Maybe research that group I mentioned.***

Oct 22, 2020, 10:51 AM

Re: Maybe research that group I mentioned.***

Oct 22, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Maybe research that group I mentioned.*** ]

I have and it's an odd group in my view, but she has failed miserably as an adherent.

Not remotely interested in changing minds...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated ]

But, is there a reason elected officials shouldn't be doing their jobs until their final minute in office? Basing lack of actions/decisions on an election is absurd. Do your freakin' jobs and stop holding the nation hostage...regardless affiliation.

Every last one of the 535 ran on a platform that, minimally, suggested they could 'reach across the aisle'...and yet...no one does. The default position has left this country with a congresswoman from a California district wielding unrealistic power...and a buffoon from KY greasing the skids for the opposition. They all should be ashamed...but that would require honest constituency to recognize and call them out. Per the rhetoric on these boards, 'my guy/gal' isn't the problem. And the beat...drums...on....into the night...

They started it!

Oct 22, 2020, 9:38 AM

:)

You’re absolutely correct. Team sport politics, particularly in a 2 party system, is a direct path to Idiocracy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like a principled person to me...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated ]

that will do the best she can to opine on the law rather than her bias

I think you will be surprised by her rulings.

Getting older and learning to try and think with my mind rather than my heart, I believe the people we have on the bench are all principled people. I have been surprised by the opinions on several of the justices. The relationship between Ginsburg and Scalia would seem to indicate that these people have integrity. You don't hang out with someone who you think is a political hack.

Based on my reading and observations of ACB, there is nothing loony about her beliefs. She seems like a solid choice regardless of the fact that Trump picked her (unless you think that Trump did the research himself to come up with his list).

But I also think Merrick Garland would have done a fine job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fundamentalist loon, principled person...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:53 AM

I suppose it all depends on where you sit. And yes, judges at that level are highly intelligent people, and typically seem to have principles to match (for the most part). But hasn’t ACB been a judge for less than 3 years?

Re: Fundamentalist loon, principled person...

Oct 22, 2020, 10:05 AM

I don't normally enter these threads

Oct 22, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Fundamentalist loon, principled person... ]

but you can't have it both ways. Agreed, depends on where you sit.

Kagan, "a Liberalist loon" was never a judge before her nomination, right? In fact, we've had several respected supreme court judges who had little or no bench time prior to their nominations.

The process needs to definitely be reviewed but I highly doubt either party will ever truly initiate a bipartisan process. We are way past that now unfortunately.

Fireball

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are people who want to judge her based on the

Oct 22, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to seems like a principled person to me... ]

number of children she has had, who she adopted, and what church she belongs to. Everything except, you know, her.

One of her detractors who claims to know her wrote (paraphrase): "Her faith in God is so informative to her that her decisions will surprise everyone, including her supporters. She reports to no one."

Fine by me.

Iron Knee....

Oct 22, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated ]

In 2016, Republicans wanted to delay.
In 2016, Democrats demanded a nomination and called it a Constitutional requirement.

In 2020, you only want to recall what the Republicans wanted and have complete disregard for what Democrats demanded.

Both sides are hypocrites. Huge ####### hypocrites.

Also, the "if you have a wife or daughter" non-sense was played out in 2017 when Trump was elected. Women seems like they've lost all their rights and jobs in the last 3 years.

"If you have a wife or daughters, you shouldn’t, either."

Oct 22, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to “It’s childish that you treat us unfairly after we treated ]

Yes, I can see how I'd be ashamed if my wife or daughter were in a position to be on the Supreme Court while holding true to whatever value system she held dear.

I'm not hip on PC lingo, but I think you're mansplaining how ACB should act and function as a female in 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A fundamentalist, nominated by fundamentalists,

Oct 22, 2020, 11:16 AM

with the blessing of a completely non-religious, unprincipled grifter who only cares about pandering to his base? I guess I'm mansplaining, then. A subservient woman would have to speak out against her for it to hold any credibility, yes?

I think you're just wildly overstating your opinion.

Oct 22, 2020, 11:27 AM

I can't speak for you (ha, I can but let's keep the ruse up that we are two different people), but if ACB were your daughter, I'm 99% certain you'd be bragging on her more than Pop's pens, and certainly not walking around wishing you respected her.

I reject your notion of how I "should feel" about my wife or daughter, and if that's really how you feel, then we disagree more on our relationships to our immediate family than we do on ideological principles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, nobody is arguing that being nominated for a SC seat

Oct 22, 2020, 11:36 AM

isn't a spectacular achievement. And yay, I guess, that she did it whilst sticking to her fundamentalist principles (that are conveniently being minimized because, you know...convenient). I don't agree with those principles, and certainly wouldn't attempt to apply them to the females in my family. As such, I don't hold ACB in high regard. You and everybody else are free to do so.

She could be an assless chaps wearing Satan worshipper,

Oct 22, 2020, 11:39 AM

and if she was able to compartmentalize that from her role as a justice as ACB has seemed to be able to with her beliefs, I'm still going to respect her as a justice.

Well, then...TBD.

Oct 22, 2020, 11:42 AM

But you can see why some eyebrows are raised.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

I agree it is childish, but it won't come back to bite them. It's a novelty.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:33 AM

Oct 22, 2020, 9:39 AM

I tried to give you a thumbs up, but it would not allow me. Why not?

Oct 22, 2020, 9:46 AM

This will come back to bite them.

Oh no! Will the Pubs pack the court? Wait they already did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

eedjits.***

Oct 22, 2020, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh. And this is NOTHING compared to what they will soon do

Oct 22, 2020, 9:51 AM

when they have a super majority.

I love America. I will miss her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only they had the maturity level of human frat paddle

Oct 22, 2020, 10:04 AM

Matt Gaetz.

"Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz donned a gas mask on March 4 while he voted on a bill that would dedicate billions of dollars to combating coronavirus as concerns rise over the spread of the disease."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to reinvent things. Because this sh*t ain't workin***

Oct 22, 2020, 10:31 AM

I’ll see your gas mask and raise you

Oct 22, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to If only they had the maturity level of human frat paddle ]

Re: I’ll see your gas mask and raise you

Oct 22, 2020, 11:21 AM

should rename the popeyes sandwich to the "joe"

since it sold out

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 660
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic