Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead....

May 18, 2018, 4:29 PM

When will it end?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong board, dummy.***

May 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your compassion is overwhelming.***

May 18, 2018, 11:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ampitheatre is the right board, dummy***

May 19, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Wrong board, dummy.*** ]

What? Lay off the Kool Aid.***

May 19, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Wrong board, dummy.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead....

May 18, 2018, 4:45 PM

It won’t as long as drugs and single mothers are raising these killers, don’t see it ending soon. Don’t bash, look at the stats.

May 18, 2018, 5:01 PM

I agree. It's a social problem. A culture problem. It's not a product of the tools these people use to kill and maim. Tools are born of necessity. As an example, shovels and hoes didn't make farmers. Farmers created what was needed for their purpose. Do away with the tools and it doesn't do away with their needs. Do away with weapons and it doesn't change the mental state of a person that has an agenda to harm others. Take away a gun, they'll find a knife. Take away a knife, they'll make a bomb. And if that doesn't work, they'll find a truck and plow it into a crowd. Their desire doesn't change, but their weapon of choice might.

The real question is, how did they get that way? What kind of life did they live to build up to such a tragic event? Was it single parenthood? Did divorce play a role? Drugs? Bullying? Abuse? Or was their an underlying mental illness like antisocial disorder? Lots of questions need to be asked and these people need to answer them. The problem needs to be attacked at its root.

I only mention all this because I know where a topic like this is heading. I figured I'd lop the head off the Hydra and watch a few more grow in it's place ;)

May 18, 2018, 6:55 PM

You do realize if their weapon changes it will lessen their lethality?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 18, 2018, 7:18 PM

You do realize this is a CU board? Now keep quite and let the adults debate.

May 19, 2018, 12:19 PM

When things like this happen it's a time to remember we're all in this life together. We will have plenty of opportunities to give 09 a hard time. Today let's set aside our differences and be kind to each other. ??

May 18, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

And you realize a madman killed 80+ with a truck? Maybe some other weapon change would've lessened the lethality. Crazy people do crazy things. With or without guns.

So he would have killed them at school with a truck?*****

May 19, 2018, 5:45 AM

Re: So he would have killed them at school with a truck?*****

May 19, 2018, 8:19 AM

Recess is a thing in most elementary schools and even middle schools and high schools have a courtyard the kids can go outside and eat their lunches. So yea a crazy person with the desire to harm others could have killed with a truck at a school.

There is always a first.

May 19, 2018, 9:33 AM

That said, my schools had fences.

May 19, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So he would have killed them at school with a truck?***** ]

Why if recess is such an easy target why didn’t he just do that instead of shooting them?

It’s amazing you guys take an outlier and act like it’s the norm.

May 19, 2018, 7:36 PM

It amazes me that classof09, that you haven't come to the realization yet of why you haven't been banned. You are the complete definition of the village idiot. We let you stay cause you make a fool of yourself over and over and you just don't get it.

Secondly, it also amazes me that you are so willingly to defend your point of how guns are so bad and need to be taken away. That you can't see that it's the insane guy behind the gun that is doing the destruction. When a mass murder happens with a vehicle everyone is quick to say that guy is crazy but a mass murder happen with a gun, it was completely the guns fault. If he didn't have access to a gun this wouldn't have happened. You're right, it would have just happened another way with a different weapon of machine.

May 19, 2018, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: So he would have killed them at school with a truck?***** ]

Don't know what kind of pansy high school you went to but we stopped having recess by the 4th grade. Can a fourth grader even reach the gas pedal?

May 19, 2018, 8:01 PM

I take it you missed the part of my post that said courtyard for high schooler to go outside and eat lunch. But let's assume I went to a pansy high school instead of reading.

You do realize the weapons used were...

May 18, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

...a shotgun and a .38 revolver? Not the evil black semi-auto rifle nor the ubiquitous semi-auto handgun that has been used in the past.

These sickos will find whatever tool they can get their sick hands on to complete their deranged mission. Trucks, cars, bombs, knives, etc. I would even argue that a shotgun is a much more effective killing weapon in the close quarters of a classroom or hallway than an AR.

As someone else posted, what we have is a serious lack of morals and behavioral expectations that are supposed to be defined during one's upbringing. This combined with a mental health crisis made even worse by prescription drugs given out like candy to "treat" said mental issues has brought us to where we are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: You do realize the weapons used were...

May 19, 2018, 12:12 AM

So somehow we are the only industrial country in the world with a lack of morals and suffering from a mental health crisis?

We're the country that matters most.....

May 19, 2018, 6:21 AM

Because we live in it. What difference does it make it if France and Britain have the same problems? How have they addressed this problem? Have we learned anything from them?

Re: We're the country that matters most.....

May 19, 2018, 12:25 PM

That’s the problem. They’ve addressed their problems and they don’t have to worry about these mass shootings.

But we have a large segment of our population that is either mentally ill or willfully ignorant.

May 19, 2018, 12:39 PM

France has no mass shootings? You're not really this dumb? Sorry. For I moment I forgot I was responding to you.

May 19, 2018, 6:45 PM

Please feel free to list the amount of school shootings that happen in France and the US.

You won't like the outcome.

May 19, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: You do realize the weapons used were... ]

You do realize I am sure that London has a higher murder rate than New York City and guns are basically banned there (exceptions for sporting guns with extensive permitting and restrictions). The murders are committed mostly with knives. In a country of 300 million plus people there are going to be exponentially more unbalanced people who unfortunately can gain access to guns.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2018, 12:06 PM

You’re cherry picking your statistics.

Last year NYC had 180 more murders.

May 19, 2018, 5:23 PM

Really ....cherry picking stats. According to you, without guns, London'c murder rate should always be way lower than any large city in the US that allows gun ownership. Try again!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: You do realize the weapons used were... ]

AND Then you gloss over his point about the guns used. Typical. Direct the flow of your one sided discussion by choosing what facts to omit and which ones to harp on. So go on, enlighten me some more about the lethality of guns.

May 18, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

You do realize there are much more lethal objects/weapons out there that can't be banned right? Things that can cause massive harm/death. Try banning trucks. Try banning bombs. Try banning a superbug or something akin to Ebola released in a busy airport.

You do understand you're fixing nothing of the actual issue which is an individual with an intent to harm. That doesn't change when you take a gun away from them. The gun doesn't convince someone to kill. A gun is just one of many tools that can be used to carry out their desire.

Look at the big picture and quit being naive.

May 18, 2018, 11:57 PM

Great posts y’all^^ very true

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2018, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

And a gun is a much more effective killer than those other things you listed.

Quit being willfully ignorant.

Tell that to the 86 families that lost loved ones...

May 19, 2018, 2:51 AM

...in Nice just two years ago. Due to a sicko driving a rented truck down the sidewalk and murdering and maiming so many. You, and others like you, are the ones being willfully ignorant. And your ignorance will not infringe on my right to protect myself and my family. That's just how it is. And I can assure you that fact will not change in this country during our lifetimes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

May 19, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

A gun is a more effective killer than a superbug? A bomb? That's a very stupid statement and flat out wrong. You just put your ignorance on full display of the issue coot.

You're the type that has diarrhea of the mouth. You just blurt out whatever you 'feel' is right without any facts behind your thoughts.

May 19, 2018, 12:10 PM

It’s a shame you don’t realize how crazy you sound trying to compare guns to a super bug.

May 19, 2018, 4:20 PM

Why? Are there different levels of dead? Are people that are shot deaderer? Apparently you've never heard of bioterrorism. The lethality (you like that word) of which would be greater than all the gun deaths, ever, combined. Again, good luck banning superbugs.

May 19, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

LOL calling somebody ignorant.
If you think banning guns would stop the madness you are the stupid one.

If none if it matters, why don't we scrap background....

May 19, 2018, 5:26 PM

checks, legalize fully automatic rifles, maybe even allow grenades and flame throwers, and sell them all at the counter of Walmart or wherever? They would just use a van anyway. Why even have laws of any kind when buying and selling guns and other military equipment?

I am not a gun supporter, but I do think people are finally starting to

May 19, 2018, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

point out the obvious mental health component. Even Trump refrenced these shooters as being mentally ill and this being a mental health issue, not a gun issue. Unfortunately, the folks that vote more conservative, and by default more pro-gun, will also be the last ones willing to put public funds towards mental health care.
Heck, if we can't fund physical health, who's going to fund mental health?

I will go to my grave believing in the ACE Study findings which proves that the higher incidents of adverse childhood events is directly related to increased risk of violent behavior, drinking / drug abuse, and even comorbiditoes like hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. But there's no get rich quick for pharm lobbyist in talk therapy.

Want to fix American culture, give people a way to free themselves from their demons, to explore their internal drivers, and to move forward in peace.

Before you slam me, both Repubs and Democrats have failed us in this with mental health always being a first cut in the budget. And if you want to call me a soft ##### boy, quite frankly, you're part of the problem.

With love to all y'all..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 20, 2018, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Deadly Shooting at HS in Santa Fe, TX 10 dead.... ]

Good call on the hydra heads-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until mental health care changes in this country.....

May 19, 2018, 3:14 AM

Nothing can be done. We need to learn how to identify these individuals and give them the proper treatment. Until this is done we need better resource officers in the schools. Like the one yesterday in Illinois. Someone willing to serve and protect.
It's sad that these things happen. It's sad that these people think the way they do. It's tragic that lives are lost and ruined. Especially young people with so much life in front of them.

May 19, 2018, 5:20 AM

We need to bring back the Andy Griffith show to teach morals and life truths.

Also stop calling them school shootings. They are murders. If the murderer survives they should be flogged shirtless in front of the school body, then suspended from the gym rafters while slitting their arms and legs and let them bleed out for several hours.

Let's also consider

May 19, 2018, 7:25 AM

That simply calling them mentally ill doesn't address the root of the issue. In this case, it seems school administrators and his peers were very active in harassing the kid. Other students regarded him as quiet. That's not generally a good combination...akin to a dormant volcano...you don't know what's happening beneath the surface, but when they blow...it's big.

For the record, I'm not justifying the shooting. I will say, given the early 'discovery', that school system will be sued by victims for failing to monitor the actions of its employees. Whether any victims were known to have 'abused' him, I don't know...but, it appears there's quite a few people with their hand in the 'guilt jar'.

Compassion is dying...and the pace is accelerating. Sad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and no.. Simply calling people mentally ill doesn't fix the problem. Providing

May 19, 2018, 12:17 PM

treatment does. Mental illness knows no financial status, but those with means get treatment by paying out of pocket and those who are getting by can't afford it.

If mental health became a priority in the US, not only would we be showing compassion to our suffering brothers, but these episodes would decrease.

People like to talk love, values, etc.. but find me 10 people on this site who would like to see their tax dollars subsidizing mental health treatment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 19, 2018, 9:34 AM

My proposal to school shootings will not make them go away, but might make a perp think twice...I have noticed that at all Liberty schools and Clemson Elementary, the school Resource Officer parks his patrol car in a VERY prominent place where you cannot miss seeing it as you approach the building. This is enough to make MOST fools know that there is a cop with a gun inside. The perception may be enough to ward off the cowards and the mean people. You can't stop crazy. I would like to see all schools have a patrol car present, whether or not a cop is there. The particulars could be worked out, but a few used cars painted B&W and stationed at every school would maybe make someone think twice...

May 19, 2018, 11:53 AM

Until more people decide to give up their wicked ways and turn to God, this kind of stuff is not going to stop. The problem is people don't want to do that. They hear about these tragic events and in a couple days it's forgotten. We would rather see this kind of stuff continue than to give up our alcohol, drugs, sex, and the violence we are so intrigued by. Look at the type of movies and TV shows we love to watch....is it any surprise when we see the same stuff in reality? We treat each other like dog ####. People who aren't good looking and athletic are ostracized and ridiculed. What seems to be missing in the aftermath of all these shootings is compassion for the shooter....yes I said that, compassion for the shooter. Think about the pain these people have to be going through to want to do something like this. They are a result of other people's evil and hatred whether by bullying or a lifetime of abuse from their parents. In other words, they are a result of sin.

I've been guilty of the reaction to just take away the guns....but that's far too simple. We have to confront the enemy head on, and the enemy is Satan, and the fact that this kind of evil exists proves he exists....

Ephesians 6:10-12

Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by his vast strength. Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this darkness, against evil, spiritual forces in the heavens.

May 19, 2018, 12:01 PM

Money will have to be spent , if it takes a police officer on every hall of every school.
It’s got to be done .
The dress codes need to be strictly enforced, not allowing any clothing worn that could conceal a weapon.
Clear book bags , metal detectors at every door.
It’s a shame but if it will save kids run the schools like a prison, as far as security.
Cant be enough over kill for the safety of our children.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic