Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I'm Talking About!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

What I'm Talking About!

Jan 28, 2016, 4:59 PM

http://rubbingtherock.com/2016/01/27/how-the-acc-disrespected-clemson-football/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

SMH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I think tons of people will tune in to watch Clemson and..

Jan 28, 2016, 5:02 PM

D Watson on a Friday night. I don't mind it a bit. We will get some great nationwide exposure. Hopefully we put on a show.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think tons of people will tune in to watch Clemson and..

Jan 28, 2016, 6:18 PM

Most will be at their high school games watching their kids play....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do most people in the USA have kids playig high school FB?

Jan 28, 2016, 6:28 PM

I don't know anyone that has any kids playing HS football yet. None of the people I know have kids that old yet. Most people in America don't have a kid playing HS football on that exact date. That's kind of niche group I would presume. You may be right though that many people may have other plans. I bet we still get some decent ratings though and a lot of people will watch. We will be excited to watch and people will want to see what Watson will do. Maybe I am such a homer I think everyone will be into it. Who knows.. I guess we will find out.

Jan 29, 2016, 3:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I think tons of people will tune in to watch Clemson and.. ]

I keep forgetting most Clemson fans have kids that play HS football

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may be a plus since it is BC we are playing.***

Jan 28, 2016, 6:25 PM [ in reply to I think tons of people will tune in to watch Clemson and.. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to I think tons of people will tune in to watch Clemson and.. ]

Im going to that game . Never been to BC , so it's exciting!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 28, 2016, 7:08 PM

Take the foil off your heads, it's not some disrespectful conspiracy. It's college football reaching more markets and exposure for more money that's it. Unforn we are in the acc so of course they would send their best team in to try it out and see what's it worth, could be part of the future acc network. ESPN doesn't want to compete with itself(the new possible acc network), maybe the Friday night game will become an acc network staple. They are testing ratings and marketing dollars, why would you not assign one of your biggest money makers to it?

They are doing nothing our administration...

Jan 28, 2016, 5:08 PM

isn't buying into. If we're allowing a Friday night game on our schedule we have good reason.

As long as it's away from Clemson it doesn't hurt our bottom line. I know some fans will miss the game due to work but since the are road games Clemson football loses little if any opportunity for revenues.

It also displays our team to those who love football but follow their team and opponents from their conference. That opens our brand to others before the prime time matchup or post season exposure.

I know it's our nature to whine and moan about anything out of the ordinary but football is changing and Clemson isn't going to be the team or University left behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are doing nothing our administration...

Jan 28, 2016, 6:01 PM

Answer me this Carlsbad and Tiger 88:how many top 10 teams are playing on Friday night or have played on Friday night (other than Friday after Thanksgiving)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 28, 2016, 7:59 PM

Didn't a defending champion, undefeated FSU team play at BC on a Friday night during the 2014 season?

Jan 28, 2016, 8:02 PM

Never mind that was this year but they were ranked #9

Re: What I'm Talking About!

Jan 28, 2016, 5:09 PM

I agree Bill! Just the same ol swoffie!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I'm Talking About!

Jan 28, 2016, 6:35 PM

How do we not know they didn't talk with D-rad and the football folks and see if it was ok? For all we know D-rad and Dabo were fine with it. I'm just not gonna jump to conclusions until I hear the football folks say they disagree with it. Either day of the week I'm still gonna watch the tigers play and pull just as hard for them.

Makes sense that Clemson knew and agreed to play

Jan 28, 2016, 7:49 PM

the Friday game. Excellent exposure for the Clemson brand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Makes sense that Clemson knew and agreed to play

Jan 29, 2016, 5:47 AM

WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much is being made of this. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, any day of the week Clemson plays, we are going to get 100% from the players and win the #### game. People just have too much time on their hands and needs to continually stir the pot. JMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yawn..we'll be fine.***

Jan 28, 2016, 6:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Works out great for me as I often have to work on Saturdays

Jan 28, 2016, 6:53 PM

Hopefully I won't have to record this win on the DVR.

Hmmm, lemme see....

Jan 29, 2016, 1:14 AM

Friday night game so huge national exposure, no other games being played so a massive viewership....Clemson whops hail outa somebody in front of a whole lot of people on TV.

Now how is friday night a bad night again? I don't quite get the logic.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic