Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I don't understand about ACC deal with ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,729

What I don't understand about ACC deal with ESPN

Apr 22, 2016, 6:33 PM

We have a huge contract with ESPN. Obviously its not the deal the SEC has, but the SEC is spread with CBS and ESPN.

One thing the ACC says about the deal with ESPN is that the exposure on the leading sports network makes up for money. IF the ACC is an ESPN investment, why do I turn on the TV and not see a single ACC baseball game on ESPNU. I see SEC games on ESPNU all the time even though they have the SEC network. And even though the Spring games were on SEC Network, they turned around and replayed them on ESPNU. I was stunned when I flipped the channel a couple of nights ago and saw the tail end of the Clemson Spring game on ESPNU. They showed it a week after the actual game. SO I pulled up the guide to see when to set the DVR for the replay. I moved that guide ahead for 10 days and never saw a replay, but I did see all the SEC Spring games come on again two, three, and four times. I just don't get it.

And I just go ahead and assume the baseball games aren't televised anywhere. I used to be able to catch them on the Comcast regional deal, but they closed up shop.

Why doesn't ESPNU show its own product? Are the rights to the baseball and Spring game tied up somewhere else and if why aren't they being broadcast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I don't understand about ACC deal with ESPN

Apr 22, 2016, 6:59 PM

Why do you care what happens with the acc?

Agree but if he is so concerned then contact ESPN or

Apr 22, 2016, 8:10 PM

the ACC office instead of fans of Clemson. We don't know the answer!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2016, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: What I don't understand about ACC deal with ESPN ]

Money!

Apr 22, 2016, 8:16 PM

I asked because he is not a Clemson fan. He said he doesn't care if the doors to the school closed for good.

Exclusive rights also means the right not to broadcast any

Apr 22, 2016, 8:02 PM

ACC event.

Simple: Take for instance tonight.

Apr 22, 2016, 8:08 PM

The U had Bama-UK, Clemson-GT have overall a better baseball history but Bama-UK get better ratings because they are bigger schools

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic