Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Steele says defense not very good, needs to stop "chunk" plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,330

Front Page Story: Steele says defense not very good, needs to stop "chunk" plays

Sep 20, 2011, 4:33 PM

Steele says defense not very good, needs to stop "chunk" plays

The defense has played well the majority of the time, Clemson DC Kevin Steele says, but has problems with the big plays. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read this a million times with Steele, but still don't quite

Sep 20, 2011, 9:54 PM

get it..."play with our eyes"...

does that mean react to what is happening instead of thinking about it or what? Gauging what is developing that ISN'T seen, such as fakes and odd alignments?

Can someone help me, cuz for goodness sake, reading with my eyes ain't helping...if I'm even doing that the way he wants us too...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's his way of saying" "see and react instead of

Sep 20, 2011, 11:06 PM

over thinking anything.

Whatever it means, as long as we continue to see really good adjustments/coaching and the Defense getting better as games (and seasons) develop.....he can say what he wants. LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is higher level matrix euphamism-wut is it is like hey

Sep 21, 2011, 2:48 AM [ in reply to Read this a million times with Steele, but still don't quite ]

I'm blind - but is I can see you - is answer YES, of course I is can see you.

and I gonna break your sight in your head when I crush you.

you see it's like this - I can smell you coming and feel your pain when I break your sight.

It's simple -- the guys get it am simple as rice and Roni.

It's like macaroni and cheese you can smell with your eyes. It am the most tasty cheese I am tasting. Dayyum Good stuff.

And then BOOM CHICKEN dead sighted tackles and looses for 3rd down!!!!!!!

Coach STeele ams the best coache of the D side of PAIN CLEMSON RAINS ON SHAKKALAKKA!!!!!

null

Finally! Something that makes sense!

Sep 21, 2011, 3:49 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What He Said!***

Sep 21, 2011, 7:07 AM [ in reply to this is higher level matrix euphamism-wut is it is like hey ]

Re: What He Said!***

Sep 21, 2011, 8:44 PM

it am been said

null

Which brings me to my next point.....Don't smoke crack!***

Sep 21, 2011, 12:05 PM [ in reply to this is higher level matrix euphamism-wut is it is like hey ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which brings me to my next point.....Don't smoke crack!***

Sep 21, 2011, 1:26 PM

it am back like cooked crack

null

Witty & insightful. "When Coty messes up, my mom knows"

Sep 21, 2011, 12:34 AM

Steele almost always provides, a witty, insightful, quotable interview.

"We're not a very good defense. The reason we say that, it is what it is."

"[Coty's] doing it effectively. And that's a hard way to make a living, out there on that island. When Brandon Thompson messes up, nobody knows it except us. But when Coty messes up, my mom knows."

"I sat there [as a TV-viewer] and I saw a lot of missed tackles, and I was a fan and said, ‘Man, can’t you coach them any better than that?’“

"Really what happens, it’s not some ingenious halftime adjustment... After they've shown us what they've done, we've been able to get them on the sideline, tell them to calm down and tell them, 'We're ok.'"

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,330
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic