Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: After strong start, Tigers coast past Demon Deacons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: After strong start, Tigers coast past Demon Deacons

Oct 8, 2017, 8:01 AM

After strong start, Tigers coast past Demon Deacons

For nine minutes Saturday against Wake Forest, Clemson looked like the defending national champion and the No. 2 team in the country.
After that, Clemson looked like a team that was ready to get out Memorial Stadium as fast as it could.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: After strong start, Tigers coast past Demon Deacons

Oct 8, 2017, 8:30 AM

What a stupid article, we are fat and sassy and sound like Bamer fans.....those other kids will be the next up as we like to say...we gotta play them . I see no need to stomp awake in the ground.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:39 AM

So we've seen a slow grinding game with Auburn, complete games with the exception of late scores against Louisville and VT, a slow start and big finish against BC and a fast start and run out the clock game yesterday. Sounds like we have covered all phases. So are you going to be a doubter that thinks we can't play a whole game or a believer like me that thinks we can and have proven ourselves more than capable??
GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 8, 2017, 8:39 AM

So we've seen a slow grinding game with Auburn, complete games with the exception of late scores against Louisville and VT, a slow start and big finish against BC and a fast start and run out the clock game yesterday. Sounds like we have covered all phases. So are you going to be a doubter that thinks we can't play a whole game or a believer like me that thinks we can and have proven ourselves more than capable??
GO TIGERS!!!

What???

Oct 8, 2017, 8:56 AM

JEEZ LOUIE ! I THINK they played a good game! Wake forest has a decent defense against the Tiger's 3rd string!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What???

Oct 8, 2017, 2:05 PM

> JEEZ LOUIE ! I THINK they played a good game! Wake
> forest has a decent defense against the Tiger's 3rd
> string!

I will agree!! But I think they are a little more than decent. WF is a well coached team. They could easily win 8 games this year

They probably did want to get out as fast as possible

Oct 8, 2017, 9:13 AM

Coaches sent them home after the game with film study assignments and today is like a Monday and Tuesday rolled into one as far as game prep work.

Blame the ACC caving in to having Friday night games for the get ahead, run the clock, get out by 3:00 mentality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Oct 8, 2017, 10:14 AM

Daniel. Not your best, imo. Tigers pretty much dominated the game, esp 3 qtrs. And that's against a good Wake team. Yeah, there are correctables. Hate the t/os (-2). Dline had some problems adjusting to the RB handout QB read option. Too many yds with that twist by Wake. Coach V will make sure that's not a future issue.

6-0 and Tigers in the driver's seat. Hope injuries are ok.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep this in mind as playoff games get near

Oct 8, 2017, 11:16 AM

This weekend two of the network analysts were sizing us up in a rematch coming vs Bama.

They were each asked who is playing like # 1. One picked us and made the critical comparison of noting the wins we have against top 15 teams and Bama's relatively weak schedule except for Auburn.

But the one who picked Bama made a very telling point we can not downplay and certainly not overlook. He said they are playing with an intensity every game and not letting off, hence the high scores.

Bama is playing with what I'll call a, "we'll get you back you SOB" mentality every game. They are living the National Championship loss with every breath and can't wait to get back, against us. They are highly motivated to say the least.

We need that motivation and more. We have the talent, we have the coaching, we have the game planning and mentality, and we have the hardware and facilities. We need to "bring it" because the time is coming and what drives us from inside is going to make the difference.

Bring Your Own Guts like a Tiger. Bring your own intensity to win the Championship.

One game at a time, because we know where this is going.

And Go TIGERS!

Re: Keep this in mind as playoff games get near

Oct 8, 2017, 12:01 PM

How will Bama react facing a defense like our that they can't run the score up on. Will they run their 1s and 2s in the ground trying, with their 3s not ready bc they haven't played in tough games, and they want be ready to help out the 1s and 2s. Dabo will have our 3s prepared to help if we face Bama a third straight time in the college FB, super bowl....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep this in mind as playoff games get near

Oct 10, 2017, 4:33 AM [ in reply to Keep this in mind as playoff games get near ]

Great Points! I agree totally Bart. Bama is ready... With our new team, we had better get it together before we face them and other elite teams.

Oct 8, 2017, 11:45 AM

Honestly though, I really don't like watching a blow game that I'm sure this team is capable of doing with about every team on our schedule, and that do include every team. I don't Believe our guys has really shown what they can do for 60 full minutes. Plus, I'm honestly OK with what Dabo and staff are doing once they get the game in hand, and by what they do is the reason that we have been able to year after year replace the players we have lost to the NFL with players just as good and just as ready to play the way they did the year before, and that is by giving our playing time in the tough game also. If you want tough players, teach them to play against tough teams, and that is it in a nut shell for me. With what our coaches are doing, it can be best described as getting the man up ready for when their number is called!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 2:32 PM

<"Saturday just marked another win for Clemson, and there's really nothing wrong with that."

Really? There's nothing wrong with 'just a win'?

Understate much?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 4:12 PM

I would like to see this team display the killer instinct that will be needed to win games were they to make the playoffs.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic