Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Tigers edge Syracuse in overtime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Tigers edge Syracuse in overtime

Jan 5, 2016, 10:21 PM

Tigers edge Syracuse in overtime

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: Tigers edge Syracuse in overtime

Jan 5, 2016, 10:27 PM

Go Tiger BB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers are 2-1 in the ACC, including a road win

Jan 5, 2016, 10:30 PM

They are starting to click as a team. I'm so thankful they are looking better than so many though.

All I can say is go Tigers, continue to get better and go to the dance!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

The NIT dance?

Jan 6, 2016, 4:52 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NIT dance?

Jan 6, 2016, 8:01 AM

Come on, man! Live a little! :)

Seriously though, we stand a fairly good shot at making it to the real dance this year. We have avoided a loss to Sister Mary Clarence's Knitting Circle (Sorry Prophet, it was the best I could do without looking it up) in the silly season that has killed our RPI the last two years.

The committee will take 4-5 from the ACC and that is obtainable if we can win the home games and steal a few on the road...and maybe work on inbounding the ball cleanly. Is it just me or do we have the strangest Achilles heels?

Jan 5, 2016, 10:36 PM

What a win

Jan 5, 2016, 11:05 PM

Saw on Tv. Was great win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2016, 11:15 PM

Great game! Thanks for the win! Cuse fans everywhere walking with their tails between their legs, love it.

for anyone who really gives a she-att about Clemson BB

Jan 6, 2016, 4:23 AM

the key to this team is Landry Nnoko's double-double.

But Roper's 25 against FSU will be the death of them.

Clemson's wing and post triumvirate of Nnoko-Blossomgame-Grantham should be the focus of the offense every night. They should be attacking from the wing and into the post every trip down the court with the kick-out three-ball the bail-out play. But Clemson too often becomes a jump shooting team that simply cannot be sustained. Roper and Grantham look like good shooter, but simply are not consistent enough to win behind from outside. The team looks like world-beaters when the streaky Roper goes on a roll, then they lose 3-in-a-row when he cools down.

Brownell should put the handcuffs on the outside shooters until they've at least made 4-5 passes into the post. Nnoko should be given the green light to make a one-bounce-drive-move once inside 8-10 feet. Grantham and Blossomgame should be encouraged (read demanded) to draw fouls off the drive to the hoop whenever we have the ball. Only then will we be a consistent offensive team with a chance of winning 8-10 ACC games.

No college team has ever gone the distance leaning on 3-point shooters. Many years ago, Kentucky lost in the final game under Rick Pitino after winning 30+ straight chucking 3's. College players just aren't good enough shooters to win like that. And that's why Clemson goes on these long scoring droughts. It's not Roper's fault - he's just the epitome of the problem.

And Brownell should tell Nnoko to stop blocking shots. Wave at a shooter, yes. Block shots, no. It's the only way he'll ever stay in games long enough to replicate the double-double we always need from him to win. He gets more fouls than blocks anyway. Just wave menacingly at the shooter. then block out like hail to stop any offensive boards against us...

What???***

Jan 6, 2016, 8:07 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"stop chucking 3's"

Jan 6, 2016, 8:56 AM

for "English-reading" challenged....

What???***

Jan 6, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to for anyone who really gives a she-att about Clemson BB ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon dude.

Jan 6, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to for anyone who really gives a she-att about Clemson BB ]

A fan's analysis of the Tiger basketball team is always welcome, but why the snark in the title? We ALL care about Tiger basketball; otherwise we wouldn't be here. We're in the ACC - basketball matters.

Anyway, great game by the Tigers last night! Great game plan & great execution to attack Syracuse's 2-3 zone. Great conference road win, which is especially welcome with Louisville, Duke & Miami next up. Calling on Tiger fans (at least those who can't make it to Arizona) to come out this Sunday & fill Bon Secours Arena. Louisville is sure to bring a lot of fans, & we sorely need whatever home-court advantage we can muster going through this season.

Jan 6, 2016, 7:40 AM

I figured we won the board was too quiet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2016, 7:44 AM

the mot said we would maybe win 2 acc games. guess we are going 0-15 from here on out.

Jan 6, 2016, 8:11 AM

yep

null

Jan 6, 2016, 7:46 AM

FIRE JIM BOEHEIM!!

I figured I'd start it off.

Replies: 16