Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So THIS is why the WNBA sucks. I always wondered.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

So THIS is why the WNBA sucks. I always wondered.

Oct 20, 2020, 12:54 PM

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/521709-wnba-star-says-womens-basketball-isnt-popular

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If looks were the main deal, then why isn't

Oct 20, 2020, 12:57 PM

women's beach vollyball the number 1 sport across the globe?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched like 5 minutes of women's volleyball the other day

Oct 20, 2020, 12:58 PM

Thats about all I could take. Had it not been for them basically wearing bikinis and jumping around, I probably couldn't have made it that long.

While I do regret not going to matches in high school,

Oct 20, 2020, 1:19 PM

the most volleyball I've ever watched was during the 2016 Olympics while I got my brakes and tires done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale yeah, you're all groce and a lot of non professional

guys can beat you at basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without wasting time reading the article, she's wrong

probably.

Womens professional soccer is in fact not popular, at all. WBB is probably more watched and attended.

She's twisting the USWNT with the LAbutchs or whatevs.

WBB isn't popular because it sucks.

USWNT is because they are the best in the world.

Nice try though, Sue.

LA Butchs. lol.***

Oct 20, 2020, 1:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have seldom agreed with you more.

Oct 20, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Without wasting time reading the article, she's wrong ]

In one of my marketing classes way back when, we did a project for the Lady Tiger basketball team. When asked, "Why don't you attend women's basketball games?", some women on campus answered, "Because it is women's basketball."

Re: So THIS is why the WNBA sucks. I always wondered.

Oct 20, 2020, 1:03 PM

https://youtu.be/ws__KmKYc9I

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same reason I don't watch professional bowling***

Oct 20, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because you find all the latin men who play baseball more

Oct 20, 2020, 1:13 PM

attractive?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause you don't like watching things that like to get picked

Oct 20, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to same reason I don't watch professional bowling*** ]

up by two fingers and a thumb?

The Bassmasters is a victim of this, as well

Oct 20, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to same reason I don't watch professional bowling*** ]

They're all gay, but you'd think in 2020 people would be more accepting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because bowling balls are predominantly black?***

Oct 20, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to same reason I don't watch professional bowling*** ]

Serious reply. Women’s soccer looks more like the men’s game.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:26 PM

It’s not. Not even close, but it doesn’t look like crap either. Heck college softball is halfway decent to watch.

WNBA is unwatchable. Ugly game. Smaller ball. Etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I've heard a few comments in the past about how our

Oct 20, 2020, 6:08 PM

US Womens soccer team could outplay the mens' team from those watching matches - which is light years from reality. The women would get kilt. It's something about the flow of the game, skills on display, maybe the larger playing field - not sure exactly what but women's soccer "looks" fast and furious, whereas with basketball it's just painfully obvious, in your face, that it's a lesser sport.

You can be a fan of soccer and enjoy women's soccer. But you really have to be a fan of "women's basketball" to enjoy women's basketball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

college softball is the best womens sport

Oct 21, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Serious reply. Women’s soccer looks more like the men’s game. ]

2nd is uswnt during the world cup, not womens soccer

then beach volleyball, regular volleyball, tennis, golf

then WBB

...i'm only a single data point, but I'll say that even I

Oct 21, 2020, 9:40 AM

struggled to maintain interest in the WNBA. I'd go to Charlotte STing games back in the day. But after that team folded, whatever interest I had disappeared.

Honestly, going to the games was more of the event...seeing folks we knew, socializing, etc. The game itself is not that interesting. I don't get that watching on TV. And there were tons of other things that we can watch instead.

Keep in mind, I don't want NBA anymore either. The only sports that really keep my attention and entertain me are football (any), college basketball (mostly Clemson, though I'll flip over to other game occasionally, and tournament style play in general - NCAA basketball, soccer, CWS, WCWS, and playoffs of most sports.

I really took to college softball once we got our team here. that was fun. Looking forward to more of that.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic