Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigernet Phenomena
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,231

Tigernet Phenomena

Sep 28, 2019, 9:56 PM

Every loss or close win follows a similar post-game arc on TigerNet.

1) Posts besmirching coaching or playing, followed by,
2) Posts besmirching those doing the besmirching.

My take is our coaches, especially Coach Swinney, were somewhat distracted playing Swinney mentor Mack Brown this week. Our Tigers' last regular season loss occurred the same week Coach Swinney was somewhat distracted by his induction into the University of Alabama Hall of Fame. Coach Brown and UNC coaches and players brought their own guts today, and despite being outmanned at almost every position, damm near pulled out a win.

BV and young Defense brought it again today. Thanks men! As for Offense, I am fine with burying any shot Trevor or ETN have to assemble consideration for the Heisman or All-American teams and hope they are as well. And that said, I hope Coach Elliott, Coach Scott and Coach Streeter appreciate the skill level at QB, WR and RB and appreciate how underwhelming their utilization of these skill sets have been in 2019. A lot of season to go … and Coach Swinney, his staff and players deserve a ton of credit for always playing their best in the biggest games. So go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigernet Phenomena

Sep 28, 2019, 10:03 PM

Very well said!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 10:12 PM

It is very well said. Mac Brown did an excellent job of mixing his coverage and disguising his stunts. Trevor will learn and grow a great deal from this game. Hopefully our coordinators will too.

That being said, we kept them in the game with mistakes. When is the last time you saw a Swinney team have 6 procedural penalties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 10:14 PM

Wise words! Thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve won 20 in a row so you can’t stereotype...

Sep 28, 2019, 10:18 PM

How it is on here after a loss since we are 60-4 the past 64 games

Re: We’ve won 20 in a row so you can’t stereotype...

Sep 28, 2019, 10:26 PM

Yes, and many of us greatly appreciate the 20 in a row after the ups and downs of the Hatfield, West and Bowden years … but we can still vividly remember the losses. You must be younger than me and nothing wrong with that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 10:22 PM

For the record....
I have no problem besmirching Elliott and Scott after a blowout win either. I said it two seasons ago and stand by this.....They are great recruiters and good role models. The second compliment because I went to school with Tony. As far as offensive coordinators there is much lacking. I believe they will be better head coaches than coordinators. The entire time Deshaun was here they did nothing but subtle changes to Chad Morris’ playbook. Deshaun made them look good. They are not creative and they have always struggled to make adjustments in-game. It has always been obvious that Dabo loves them so we will always depend on our talent rather than ‘out-think’ anyone. And if it weren’t for coach BV I believe we would be exposed nationwide to this fact.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:40 PM

I hear you. Not many will confuse our OC's with Lincoln Riley or Mike Leach, but isn't it amazing how this group of quality coaches that Dabo has cobbled together, has built such an amazing high character team while getting so little credit for "x's and o's". It points to how much high character, high work ethic teams with great leadership (i.e. Dabo, DW4, CW42, etc.) and recruiting talent can accomplish.

And to your point, Deshaun absolutely did bail out the coaches and team many times when the team talent level was strong but not as strong as today. Without Deshaun, I am unsure this team wins our 2nd or 3rd championships. And that is high praise to the GOAT DW4 and not a swipe at our staff. Now the ball is rolling, and hopefully these Offensive coaches can game-plan to optimize the level of talent on the field.

You need to reread what you just wrote

Sep 28, 2019, 10:58 PM

Methinks you are forgetting something

I wouldn't give our D a total pass today.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:40 PM

To me, it looks like both offense and defense have some work to do, and neither played a great game today. Yes, the defense held UNC at the end, but was far from dominant most of the game. Both offense and defense did just enough to win. I agree that our offense looked rough for most of the day, but I don't see how the defense gets a pass by any stretch. They gave up a long TD right off the bat, and struggled at times to get UNC off of the field, and UNC was 2 for 3 on 4th down conversions. Look, I'm happy with this win, and have confidence we will get some things corrected and respond well. I just felt like out defense did not play nearly their best game today either, and that contributed to the narrowness of our victory.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I wouldn't give our D a total pass today.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:42 PM

Copy that and agree ...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic