Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The main difference I've seen in Watson this year..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The main difference I've seen in Watson this year..

Sep 27, 2016, 6:55 PM

First, off, I think Clemson has been content to grind out games, which has somewhat diminished Watson's stats. I have, however, noticed that he seems about half a step slower this year. He isn't making people miss in the open field, and doesn't escape the sack quiet as effectively as he did last year. He's playing about 20-25 pounds over his playing weight from last year, which may somewhat account for this. Yes, I realize this is "good weight" but even "good weight" can still slow you down a little until you adjust.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've only given up two sacks right?

Sep 27, 2016, 6:59 PM

I don't think he's been asked to run it as much yet either. He looked pretty good on the only run option I can remember from the Tech game - around 14 yards up the middle.

Probably see a little more QB on the read option this week.

And Leggett better get it together as well. We'll need some production from him.

I've seen him get shut down a few times

Sep 27, 2016, 7:03 PM

When he tries to move laterally to avoid a tackle. I specifically remember one play where I thought he had the defender set up, cut hard left, and got tackled right at the first down line. I just think he's a little slower to get to the corner, even though he's not getting sacked, he's not really making the same plays after avoiding the sack.

Gotcha - he's definitely thicker this year***

Sep 27, 2016, 7:05 PM

Playbook opened significantly vs GT including designed QB runs

Sep 27, 2016, 7:07 PM

Then diminished again at halftime after the lead was established and we only got the ball twice in the 3rd Qtr. Will continue to open it up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Completely agree with that

Sep 27, 2016, 7:23 PM

I just think he's isn't quite as elusive in the open field as I've been accustomed to seeing. I thin playing at a much heavier weight than he has ever played at takes a little adjusting. For instance, instead of the hard long lateral cut, the shorter cut and then using the new size and power to break the tackle might work better than simply trying to avoid it now. It's just a little different running style. 220+ doesn't moves as quickly sideways as 190ish does.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Playbook opened significantly vs GT including designed QB runs

Sep 27, 2016, 7:07 PM

Then diminished again at halftime after the lead was established and we only got the ball twice in the 3rd Qtr. Will continue to open it up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think

Sep 27, 2016, 8:58 PM

That his teammates, especially the Ol, gave extra effort last year because DW was coming off a serious injury and everyone knew he had to be healthy for us to have success. He proved to everyone that he was tougher than many thought and played the entire season without injury. I hope the guys upfront will regain that same attitude and free him up to finish this year as the country's best

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic