Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Coleman will be fired today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Looks like Coleman will be fired today

Mar 8, 2013, 8:06 AM

http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/2013/03/coleman-to-be-dismissed/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We still have a women's basketball team? Wait, is that the

Mar 8, 2013, 8:31 AM

same chick that got preggers right after getting hired?

Quick, someone call Shyatt and see if he wants to coach the wimmenz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i checked the pc handbook couldn't find preggers...

Mar 8, 2013, 8:41 AM

watch your 6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is Clemson, not PC, HTH***

Mar 8, 2013, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

is this where you wanna be when jesus comes back?***

Mar 8, 2013, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Clemson? Of course, there's a reason why it's called

Mar 8, 2013, 9:17 AM

God's Country

you would think with the big man on our side our basketball

Mar 8, 2013, 9:20 AM

teams would dominate the paint?

It is a shame it did not work out.***

Mar 8, 2013, 8:32 AM

Re: It is a shame it did not work out.- yes it is

Mar 8, 2013, 8:34 AM

but not working out is a major understatement

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Coleman will be fired today

Mar 8, 2013, 8:36 AM

I think it is a little much to can the guy just because he was hurt this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Blossomgame better watch his back, the AD is on the warpath***

Mar 8, 2013, 8:37 AM

We've done so well since Jim Davis *nm ****

Mar 8, 2013, 8:44 AM

Pretty sure we could get him back if we asked nicely.***

Mar 8, 2013, 8:51 AM

Mar 8, 2013, 8:55 AM

Funny thing is she took over a mess and the program was actually getting better. Most conference wins since 2003. Number 9 seed in ACC tourney. This place was horrible. Look at what she had to work with. They let this program get too bad before she got here. It was going to be an uphill battle regardless.

The transfers killed her. The top recruit transferred to go play for her guardian at George Washington. Saw on another site that the kids guardian was her High school coach who got a job after she signed. The coach apparently took other kids she had from other programs. Top recruits as well. According to the other site the kid didn't want to leave.

Another one of the transfers is back in school at Clemson and was not allowed back on the team because of the bad things she said about the program when trying to leave. Turns out she didn't want to leave but her parents wanted her to leave. She asked to come back and was denied but was able to re-enroll as a student.

Just saw that a kid she kicked off the team was kicked off her new team latech in less than a year. This after scoring 45 pts in a game this year. Umoh must have seen something coming with that child. Who kicks a 45pt scorer off a team. Umoh tried to turn this place around but made enemies fighting the administration much like Davis did.

Sounds to me like players were pissed because coach takes over a mess and puts things in place to turn it around. Team gpa was like 2.1 and went to 2.87 according to tigernet after the changes were made. 2.1 for a women's team is unacceptable. Also, mad because she kicked girls off the team that were criminals, wow. She went to school here so she seems to care who is here. The team was forced to play all young players, no Srs and 2 Jrs and still won the most conf games since 2003. Wow.

she was a good recruiter but a horrible coach***

Mar 8, 2013, 9:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: she was a good recruiter but a horrible coach***

Mar 8, 2013, 9:18 AM

It's funny you say that because that is conventional thoughts to those that don't know her. Her actual strength is coaching. It always has been just ask coach Davis if you ever get a chance. When people say she is a great recruiter I just laugh.

Hire CUDA!

Mar 8, 2013, 8:57 AM

He would offer the proper amount of irreverence and tarhole hatred! LOL.

Only if Greenvegas can be my assistant!!!***

Mar 8, 2013, 9:06 AM

Always do whatever's next. -cuda

Does this tell us anything about the future of our men's

Mar 8, 2013, 9:03 AM

basketball coach?

Re: Does this tell us anything about the future of our men's

Mar 8, 2013, 9:14 AM

I hope not. Circumstances are completely different.

Building the Mens' basketball program at Clemson is like crawling up Mt. Everest for who ever takes the job.

We've never had a solid, consistently competitive program and we're struggling to make it better.

On the other hand, the current women's hoops situation is a self-inflicted wound.

We had a solid, consistently competitive program and decided it wasn't good enough.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I see the differences you refer to. They seem

Mar 8, 2013, 9:16 AM

pretty similar to me.

Re: Not sure I see the differences you refer to. They seem

Mar 8, 2013, 9:29 AM

Differences ...

Women's Hoops = we fired the best coach we ever had and we're suffering the consequences of that ill-conceived move. We had a great coach who would never have left us and we forced him out.

Men's Hoops = The best coach we ever had used us a stepping stone to a much bigger and better job and we're suffering the consequences of our inability to attract a guy of that caliber who will actually stay with us.

If we pay enough, we could get a coach that can recruit.

Mar 8, 2013, 9:33 AM

I still don't see why the expectations are different for the two. It seems to me we should place greater importance on the men's program and the expectations for our men's program should be greater than the expectations of the women's program.

Re: If we pay enough, we could get a coach that can recruit.

Mar 8, 2013, 9:42 AM

Paying a coach may get them in the door, but it will not keep them around once they see what they're up against.

I will not disagree that historically, we have not placed enough emphasis on men's basketball at Clemson, but it goes back so far that the hole we've dug is huge and crawling out of it within the confines of the ACC may prove to be impossible.

I hope I'm wrong, but recruiting top basketball players to Clemson with our tradition and history is not something that many top coaches are going to be willing to attempt.

The only "coach" who ever brought ACC caliber talent to Clemson was Tates Locke. I'm talking about players who could actually come into UNC or Duke and be starters. Nobody, includeing Rick Barnes has been able to do that and Tates couldn't have done it honestly.

I want to be competitive in the ACC as badly as you or anyone else. I've wanted it all my life and believe me that's been a long time. I just do not see it happening on the scale that so many current fans believe possible.

I just don't share your lowered expectations of what can

Mar 8, 2013, 9:53 AM

be accomplished at Clemson in men's basketball. I think we can consistently be a top program in the ACC. We just have to do what it takes to get over the hump and with a greater sense of urgency than we currently have.

Re: I just don't share your lowered expectations of what can

Mar 8, 2013, 9:55 AM

Get over the hump...

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

You say we need to do what it takes but yet then you say we dont need to build a new arena.

Littlejohn is probably ranked 10th or 12th in the ACC right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No, I'm not. If we can accomplish both financially, I would

Mar 8, 2013, 9:59 AM

be all for it. Our football upgrades have shown what new facilities can do, if you have a good recruiter at the helm. If we can only afford to do one or the other, i would choose the coach that can recruit first.

Re: Chicken / egg / and back to chicken again ...

Mar 8, 2013, 12:31 PM

Great coaches ... high-level recruiting ... building 1st class facilities ... unfortunately, accomplishing any one pretty much requires a solid, serious committment to the other. And even then there are absolutely no guarantees.

wrong

Mar 8, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Does this tell us anything about the future of our men's ]

the womens program wasnt PC enough. lets call it what it is. a bunch of feminists decide it must be coached by a woman not a man.

they should be fired with COleman as they are now 0-2

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is what I said "wrong" ?

Mar 8, 2013, 9:32 AM

I said : On the other hand, the current women's hoops situation is a self-inflicted wound.

We had a solid, consistently competitive program and decided it wasn't good enough

Re: Where is what I said "wrong" ?

Mar 8, 2013, 9:48 AM

meaqnt for T-mans post

Re: wrong

Mar 8, 2013, 9:32 AM [ in reply to wrong ]

If she gets canned.Wow!Did she inherit as much talent as Brad Brownell? How could you turn this train wreck around in 3 or 4 years?. They need to make a statement and hire a good recruiting head coach. Didn't the coach at Penn State turn their women's BB program around? They may want to give her a look.

Re:Coleman

Mar 8, 2013, 10:30 AM

was an assistant at Penn St. not sure if it was working for the coach you have in mind or not though

Mar 8, 2013, 9:57 AM

Paging Jim Davis, paging Jim Davis. Please report to office of D.R. immediately. Unfortunately, this will not happen. So, they should hire Kevin Pederson before the weekend. I also agree that the feminists in the AD who talked TDP into firing Jim Davis, should be fired as well. Not only for that move, although that would be enough, but for gross incompetence.

Perhaps Radakovich will bring some basketball "Fresh Air"

Mar 8, 2013, 10:10 AM

into the CUAD with some new, effective ideas for getting a more competitive program re-established

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She should have never been hired in the first place

Mar 8, 2013, 10:12 AM

Hopefully DRad does a much better job of hiring a womens basketball coach than TDP did. The two hires TDP approved were miserable failures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

GT did have a strong women's program....

Mar 8, 2013, 10:15 AM

men's not so much but that was the fault of the AD before Dan....he gave Hewitt the lifetime contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Womens basketball was never a real priority for TDP

Mar 8, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to She should have never been hired in the first place ]

He didn't even bother interviewing any of the candidates during the past two coaching searches. He assigned the task to two of his subbordinates. He simply approved their recommendations.

The really bad part is, Holly Warlick wanted the job and would have accepted the position but Clemson would not pay her the salary she wanted and deserved.

TDP just never seemed to grasp the concept of "you get what you pay for".

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic