Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Were we that good or was Wake that bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Were we that good or was Wake that bad?

Oct 8, 2018, 9:49 AM

I think our defense was that good. WF was able to hang 27 or so on Notre Dame the week before and we thoroughly shut them down, even before Dortsch got hurt.

On offense, we are good, but I think their defense was one of the worst I've ever seen. High school caliber. Maybe in one game every so often you'll see a RB break through the line and just run straight down the field the rest of the way with no one around him like Forrest Gump. But to see that so many times in one game? That's crazy. Maybe our play calling was that good to recognize their schemes and run a play to take full advantage of it, but wow, they were bad.

We definitely have a great offense and one of the best, if not THE best, running game in the country. Our passing game with TL is getting better every week. When he hits them, he hits them in stride and allows them plenty of time to get more yardage. Our defense, particularly our front 4, is amazing. Seems like our LBs and secondary are getting better every game, too. Looking forward to seeing how we stack up against a pretty good NCS team that always seems to give us fits, no matter how good or bad either of us are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were we that good or was Wake that bad?

Oct 8, 2018, 9:55 AM

TL/dr

and yes

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Perfect storm

Oct 8, 2018, 9:56 AM

I don't think their defense as a whole is horrible. But their injuries/weaknesses were at key positions that made for easy exploit.

Just my guess, but I think that's one reason we saw the screen game early. If blocked/executed properly they were gonna be sure 5-10 yards every time because the WF DB's (especially LB's) were inexperienced and we didn't think they would be able to come out and help make the tackle. Now we didn't execute them well, so that part didn't pan out.

But many of those long runs would've (should've) been 10 yard runs where a LB/Safety comes down and closes the play out after a first down, but before the big yards. But in this case the LB's were vacating run lanes and weren't making plays, and the deep safety help was lost out there and never came down to make the play, so it basically became a case of "if the RB gets through a hole in the line with any speed he was as good as gone".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 10:01 AM

Wake played pretty good against ND on both sides of the ball.
Our defense was that good. Their d was very banged up and very thin. They had folks playing new positions at LB and DB... And our running game was awesome.

Oct 8, 2018, 10:05 AM

Makes me realize what we really were missing with KB at QB. We now have opened up the offense to feature so many other weapons we were missing with so many KB keepers. I believe we have turned a corner, and remember, I think I just read that we played 53 players in the 1st half alone, and everybody got some good PT experience. That is how dynasties are built.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 10:21 AM

It’s to be expected. This is what happens when Church poeple try to mingle with Tigers.

Oct 8, 2018, 11:03 PM

Wolves get eaten by Tigers when they meet, too. Watch it for yourself in a couple of weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Oct 8, 2018, 10:30 AM

We were.

They have won 3 games. They will win more.

They weren't winning Saturday and by the end just wanted it over. Right in line with 63-17 and 45-0 and 56-7 beatings, once you know you are physically beat you just want to be done and go home.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake was so bad, the coaches knew we could practice WR

Oct 8, 2018, 10:41 AM

screens for the entire first half and still win by 60

Re: Wake was so bad, the coaches knew we could practice WR

Oct 8, 2018, 11:06 PM

"we". lmao now that is a kneeslapper

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is

Oct 8, 2018, 11:04 PM

Yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic