Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're still National Champions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,078

We're still National Champions

Oct 14, 2017, 8:37 PM

Sadly, I predicted (not on Tigernet) right after us winning the National Championship that the first game we lose this year, there will be those that are suddenly unhappy again. I didn't realize we'd so quickly be questioning the coaches, but knew there would be many that felt anything less than another championship isn't good enough to be satisfied. In all fairness, most of us were pretty conservative about those chances prior to the season, but with such a solid start, the expectations went up quickly.

There are 130 FBS schools and many fans never get to see a championship in their lifetime. We all did (some of us two of them - I was alive for the first, but way too young to comprehend any of it). A lot of lucky breaks had to happen the last two years to get our two consecutive shots and many of us feel that the loss to Pitt last year was a key piece of the puzzle to winning it all.

Not only are we still national champions and should be enjoying that title, we still are in a position to most likely control our destiny of making it in the top 4 by the end of the season. Either way, we have some stellar talent coming in that makes the future look promising as well. Our program is still on the rise - we hit a small bump in the road, but we are still in the midst of a run 99% of fans past and present would gladly trade places to experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most defending champs have a loss before the 7th game of

Oct 14, 2017, 9:14 PM

the season. Also, the great thing about a national championship is that it is forever. We will forever be the 1981 and 2016 National Champions. Winning a second one is just like icing on the cake. Its kind of like having two Oscars on the mantle instead of one, or two green jackets instead of one.

I happen to believe we might have a real shot at a third before Lawrence leaves.

Re: We're still National Champions

Oct 14, 2017, 9:22 PM

c'mon man...that was a disgusting...DISGUSTING performance, all around, last night...losing is one thing...but to a bad team in unbelievably inept fashion, is why people are unhappy

We have two weeks to recover

Oct 15, 2017, 9:06 AM

We will still be right outside the top 4 and if KB gets healthy, the voters know that makes us a completely different team. Beating Miami in ACC championship, along with all the other top teams that will lose that weekend will get us back in top 4 if we win out.

Better to have a lackluster game like that midseason than at the end of it, with no time to recover in the rankings.

Re: We have two weeks to recover

Oct 15, 2017, 10:02 AM

If KB is going to be our leading rusher going foward then we better hope that ankle heals quickly. My concern is the ankle will feel better in two weeks but I bet every time he is tackled in the Tech game they will try to grab that ankle. Ankle injuries is one of those injuries that seems to nag you for a while after the injury. I just hope he stays healthy. We should put some plays in for #9 (if healthy) out of the wildcat to take some of the load off of Bryant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic