Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Games like Auburn thing of the past
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Games like Auburn thing of the past

Sep 2, 2012, 1:21 PM

We will play Georgia the next two years, but after that, no more out of confrence games that matter (except USC)
Because superpowers Pitt and Cuse are joining the ACC, TDP is whining that we will not have 7 home games if we play a major school out of confrence. What a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not the only conference doing it and pretty soon

Sep 2, 2012, 1:29 PM

all the conferences will go that way. It's not just the ACC, although people act like it is. Everyone thought the Big 10 Pac 12 agreement for non conference games was a great thing. Then all of the sudden they dropped it to play more conference games before it even started. SEC said they wouldn't do it, but now all signs are pointing to them expanding to 9 games as well. Another thing that hurts Clemson is that So Carolina is a non conference rival. Most schools don't have that problem to deal with, but then again conferences aren't going to stop their 9 game conference schedules just b/c of a few schools with non conference rivals. If people want to complain fine, but at least be a little more educated about what's going on within the entire college football landscape.

I know other confrences may be doing it

Sep 3, 2012, 9:53 AM

But other conference don't stink like the the American Cupcake Conference does. We need those Out of Conference games to strengthen our SOS. I don't think Pitt and Cruse will do that. When your in the SEC or Big 12 you don't really need good out of conference games because of the level of competition in your conference. But the Athletically Challenged Conference does not give you that luxury.

1) Your opinion about the ACC is your opinion

Sep 3, 2012, 10:00 AM

2) If the conferences are all moving towards the 9 game model and cutting down OCGs, who are we supposed to schedule anyway?

Re: 1) Your opinion about the ACC is your opinion

Sep 9, 2012, 7:42 PM

Do you think the ACC is good? I hope they do improve this season, but I'm not holding my breath. If you can name a few GOOD teams in the ACC (not Clemson) then feel free to tell me. WHo was good in the ACC last year? Maybe VT...Maybe. Though VT never beat anyone last year.

Yes I do and certainly think they're better than the

Sep 9, 2012, 9:35 PM

Big East and Big 10 right now. I think FSU, VT, GT, NC State, and UVa are all good teams. Miami is the one team that has disappointed. ACC has more than held their own so far in non conference games. State had a nice win at UConn and even Maryland had a big win vs Temple. I think UVa has a great shot at TCU this weekend. We shall see. The ACC might not be the powerhouse of college football, but to say it and its teams aren't good is ignorant and stupid!

Re: Yes I do and certainly think they're better than the

Sep 9, 2012, 9:54 PM

Not better than the Big East. At least not as of last year. This season is too early to tell, but I would put my money on the Big East. It is good to hear NC State beat UConn. Thats a good start, but remember State also lost to Tennessee who will likely finsih 4th in the SEC East, while NC State is expected to give FSU and Clemson fits in their division chase. When I was talking about the weak ACC I was refering to last season, since its too early too tell what will happen this season. I do hope FSU will live up to expectations, but remember, last year they were ranked #5 but then finished the seasn 6-6. West Virginia was in the Big East last season. VT was ranked high but never really played anyone. GT last year got killed by UGA. Hopefully they will beat them this year, but I doubt it. Virginia did OK last year but lost to Auburn in the Bowl game (after being crushed by VT) This year Virginia beat, in overtime, a very depleted Penn St team. It just seems everytime I see an ACC team playing another BCS confrence school, they are always getting kicked around. Few exceptions like Clemson's win over Auburn and FSUs win over Florida. But the season is still young so maybe you will be proven right. I hope so. But history says no.

Re: Yes I do and certainly think they're better than the

Sep 9, 2012, 10:02 PM

6-6 ? You need to recheck that stat.

They weren't 6-6 but still sucked***

Sep 9, 2012, 10:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Big East was 4-4 vs the ACC last year. The ACC had more

Sep 9, 2012, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes I do and certainly think they're better than the ]

ranked teams at the end of the season, beat more ranked teams during the season, had 9 bowl eligible teams at the end of the season compared to 5 for the Big East. What makes you think the Big East was better? What makes you think Tenn is likely a 4th place SEC team this year?

4th place SEC East I should say***

Sep 9, 2012, 10:19 PM

3 teams in the top 15***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: 1) Your opinion about the ACC is your opinion ]

Yeah the Big 10 is looking soooo great***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:38 PM [ in reply to I know other confrences may be doing it ]

It is just one more advantage for North Carolina. Their

Sep 9, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to We're not the only conference doing it and pretty soon ]

biggest rival is in-conference. So, they could schedule a Texas,UGA, Bama,Auburn,etc. without any disadvantage.

Re: Games like Auburn thing of the past

Sep 2, 2012, 1:29 PM

I actually think the opposite. I think home and home series with good teams may fade awy, but I think these "season opener" bowl games (thats really what they are) will become standard issue. Neutral site, high profile games will be the new standard in the next 5 years.

ZA

Totally agree***

Sep 2, 2012, 1:30 PM

These games are the reason these 5 star recruits are willing

Sep 2, 2012, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Games like Auburn thing of the past ]

to take a look at Clemson. It would be foolish to not do any and everything in their power to keep having games like this.

Years down the road, I see us playing Auburn again before

Sep 2, 2012, 1:51 PM

Coots do.

Re: Years down the road, I see us playing Auburn again before

Sep 9, 2012, 7:59 PM

As if that's a big deal, because Auburn sucks and is getting worse (blown out by a team like Mississippi State).Actually, once the SEC goes to 9 conference games, the SEC will have NO incentive to beef up their o-o-c games.We won't have many attractive o-o-c games in the future.

They may suck, but SC can't beat them. 1933***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:41 PM

Re: These games are the reason these 5 star recruits are willing

Sep 9, 2012, 9:41 PM [ in reply to These games are the reason these 5 star recruits are willing ]

Proof of that?

Either get on the bus, or get off...stop whining, nancy***

Sep 9, 2012, 8:30 PM

Re: Either get on the bus, or get off...stop whining, nancy***

Sep 9, 2012, 9:42 PM

Talk about a hypocrite and a not so smart one at that

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive