Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple of lifelong Dems, and Obama phone bankers, get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Couple of lifelong Dems, and Obama phone bankers, get

Nov 6, 2013, 2:53 PM

the shock of their life: Republicans were telling the truth about the ACA, and Obama was lying. Incidentally, how does someone who reads every effing word spoken in public "misspeak"?

http://www.propublica.org/article/loyal-obama-supporters-canceled-by-obamacare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

short jist

Nov 6, 2013, 3:04 PM

Barry lied to us.
It must be some type of mistake
write to politicians to fix it for "us"
We still love all libs and Barry.
But we dont want to pay for it cause it must be some mistake.
We thought "other" people would have to pay for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just about killed myself laughing when I got to the part

Nov 6, 2013, 3:29 PM

where they said they wrote to Nancy Pelosi for help. You mean the Nancy Pelosi that was spending $480,000 per month in jet fuel alone, and $2,000 dollars per week in liquor bills for those same flights. Or the Nancy Pelosi that gave out vouchers to over twenty constituents in LA to bypass Obamacare. Or the Nancy Pelosi that said to these same people, AND THE NATION, "We've got to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it"? As Gomer use to say,"Surprise, Surprise!!!". Now you know.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel no pity, only some feeling of evil pleasure

Nov 6, 2013, 3:09 PM

at whatever hardships befall these rainbow-and-unicorn chasers that go through life in some alternate dimension, naively separated from reality.

They are finding out what many of us have known for years.
Welcome to the real world, stooges. That wake-up call can be harsh, huh.

Oh, and thanks for screwing ALL of us over while in your brain-dead voting stupors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what makes it worse

Nov 6, 2013, 3:12 PM

is they think its still great and it was a mistake that they are having to pay for this. Its a great plan when someone else pays for it, but not so much when we do.

still supports the plan, barry and the libs. its just a mix up somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somewhat related, but necessary:

Nov 6, 2013, 3:13 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-5-2013/affordable-horror-story

typical Jonnie

Nov 6, 2013, 3:35 PM

notice how when he talks about Barry's huge huge lie to all of american as POTUS, he barely gets animated.

Now lets show those evil pubs lying about something, he goes berzerk and give more minutes to that than the huge lie that created this mess.

The media sucks so hard its sickening.
and yes he's media, not a comedian hack.

de - you walked into a conservative circle

Nov 6, 2013, 3:38 PM [ in reply to somewhat related, but necessary: ]

I would leave before they start jerking.

Re: de - you walked into a conservative circle

Nov 6, 2013, 3:40 PM

There is no conservative link here. This is Dems complaining

Nov 6, 2013, 4:18 PM [ in reply to de - you walked into a conservative circle ]

about a Dem program on a lefty site.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even johnnie's throwing in more liberal lies....***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to somewhat related, but necessary: ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Stewart completely misrepresented the Cadillac vs. Honda

Nov 6, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to somewhat related, but necessary: ]

analogy, but since it was self-serving, its ok.

yep, it was watchable to that point***

Nov 6, 2013, 4:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how so?***

Nov 6, 2013, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Stewart completely misrepresented the Cadillac vs. Honda ]

Because the point, to anyone not completely partisan, is

Nov 6, 2013, 4:34 PM

that Cadillacs and Hondas and Fords are different prices, regardless of the standards that make them all cars.

and health care plans are different prices, correct?

Nov 6, 2013, 4:41 PM

Wasn't the point that there is a federal "minimum" that the plans must cover as there is a "minimum" requirements cars must have to be allowed in the marketplace?

Take it up with your gynecologist.

Nov 6, 2013, 4:50 PM

Because you're covered for one.

And your mother can get her prostate examined.

Those are the standards that people would opt out of to save money, but now they can't.

Thank god men have nothing to do with pregnancy

Nov 6, 2013, 5:03 PM

It would be silly for men have to cover anything dealing with pregnancy because they have nothing to do with it. Everyone knows it involves a stork, some Mad Dog, and a few bad decisions, at least that's how it was explained to me.

When you shove a cantaloupe with fingernails through your

Nov 6, 2013, 5:09 PM

urethra, you should have a gyno. Until that happens, you should keep your ignorant trap shut.

People like you are the reason we have to have instructions on shampoo bottles.

Interesting

Nov 6, 2013, 5:15 PM

When a woman shoves a cantaloupe with fingernails out of her ###### without a man being involved, well, I guess it's probably the beginning of the end, and we won't have to worry about any of these silly things anymore.

OK. How would they know who the father is?

Nov 6, 2013, 5:20 PM

With individual coverage, why does it matter that your sister got pregnant by C. C. Whitlock? She is already covered by her insurance. C. C. will have to deal his case of herpes on his insurance.

Key point as I understand it is that...

Nov 6, 2013, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Take it up with your gynecologist. ]

insurance can no longer use gender in setting premiums. Before ACA, women's insurance cost upwards of 10x more than men's insurance and things like pregnancy could be seen as a pre-existing condition (usually only if you didn't have insurance, got pregnant, then got insurance) which the ACA sought to fix.

Again, the point Stewart is making is that cars have a minimum baseline level, as does the ACA. What that lady was saying was asinine.

Sigh. Read the shampoo bottle again.***

Nov 6, 2013, 5:16 PM

I only do that when I poop and don't have anything to read.***

Nov 6, 2013, 5:18 PM

Let's see, we can't use gender to set pricing on health

Nov 8, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Sigh. Read the shampoo bottle again.*** ]

insurance,we can't keep an eye on people dressed in bath robes in our airports, we can't frisk 18-25 year old black males in New York City,can't stop and check identification on a truck load of Mexicans headed north in Arizona, in Gaffney South Carolina we can't put miniature American flags up on BB&T grounds because we don't want to offend Muslims,seems like we are headed in the right direction....

Some of those things like random frisking not being allowed

Nov 8, 2013, 9:44 AM

are good things. The inability to put up AMERICAN FLAGS because a customer may find it offensive.. MOVE! That's absolutely ridiculous.

Discrimination based on race is terrible. Imagine if you got stopped everywhere you went and interrogated and forced to show valid ID just because you are white? Or if you were stopped and searched (a clear violation of your 4th amendment rights) because you were walking down the street and a burglary or shooting recently happened in your vicinity.

Chances are you wouldn't like it at all, no matter your response here. People should not e harassed based on their appearances.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I love Jon Stewart. I hate seeing him reduce

Nov 6, 2013, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Stewart completely misrepresented the Cadillac vs. Honda ]

himself to being a partisan shill. He is so witty and his show is so well done. He used to be so balanced in his mockery of all sides and especially the media. I'm not sure if his success emboldened him to just let his true beliefs show through or if Fox News took one too many shots back at him. In any event, that clip was just sad. I'm confident that Stewart knows it, too. We all know that both sides have exaggerated the effects of Obamacare - Democrats basically branding it as free health care for all and Republicans saying it will send the entire planet into eternal darnkess. But what is relevant now is that our elected leader lied, point blank, when he was selling his huge health care reform. Blatantly lied, and documents show he absolutely knew it was a lie at the time. And now he has the audacity to attempt to revise history. It is pathetic how little respect this man has for the American people.

null

You're obviously a right-wing hack.

Nov 6, 2013, 6:00 PM

Nice summation, by the way.

So you are upset that he isn't more upset?

Nov 6, 2013, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Man, I love Jon Stewart. I hate seeing him reduce ]

because he basically said everything you did. He's been on through Clinton,Bush, and now Obama. I'm gonna guess that he's used to Presidents having the audacity to revise history.

Revising recent history, so recent the lies' echoes

Nov 6, 2013, 6:08 PM

are still audible.

age of youtube, it's all still audible.

Nov 6, 2013, 6:10 PM

and I don't think the span between the lies has much to do with the actual lies themselves.

Oh come on. That's not even remotely what he just said.

Nov 6, 2013, 11:07 PM [ in reply to So you are upset that he isn't more upset? ]

And you and I both know it because you and I both know that Jon Stewart is a master at communicating. He had a little fun with Obama's blatant lie, in the "oh, well, that's an embarrassing mishap but we're big enough to laugh at our small errors" sort of way, then made a huge production of a handful of conservatives' predictions about Obamacare, some of which are simply commentators and not elected officials at all. "Sure, the President of the United States intentionally deceived us in order to get his signature legislation passed, but THAT'S NOT AS IMPORTANT AS SOME POLITICAL COMMENTATORS WHO MAY HAVE COMMITTED A BIT OF HYPERBOLE ABOUT HOW BAD THE LEGISLATION IS!!!!" Jon Stewart is smart. He knows what he did there.

null

So again, you are upset that he isn't more upset.

Nov 7, 2013, 8:08 PM

Jon acted flabbergasted by Obama but amused at the right wing stuff. That's the difference to me.

No need to hyperbolize and he didn't.

To me, Obama lies most of the time he talks. JUST LIKE EVERY PRESIDENT IN THE LAST 20+ YEARS. In this case though, his lie will end up with more people with health insurance whereas some of the other president's lies resulted in a WAR.

Nothing wrong with a good war every once in a while.

Nov 8, 2013, 11:00 AM

Culls the population.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Obama didn't lie here, imo, he was just being lazy and

Nov 8, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Man, I love Jon Stewart. I hate seeing him reduce ]

leaving out too many of the caveats, and, imo, he's lied plenty just not in this case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We're not changing our views because of this"? Why NOT?!!

Nov 6, 2013, 3:24 PM

That is the problem with Democrats today as I see it. Fast and Furious,Benghazi,IRS,NSA,etc.(Did I leave one out?I feel like I missed one.) All of that has had zero effect on Democrats view of the President and his administration. They are definitely sheep. All in a line, jumping over a fence, with a 1,000 foot cliff on the other side.

they can't let their lib friends think they are

Nov 6, 2013, 3:37 PM

some traitor to the "cause". Just notice the venom thrown at the few celebrities that actually speak out against Barry. See Eastwood for one.

You missed spying on the AP & Fox reporters, kill lists, and

Nov 7, 2013, 2:03 AM [ in reply to "We're not changing our views because of this"? Why NOT?!! ]

using drones to kill US citizens without due process, while oh by the way, let's bring terrorists to the US, give them OUR Constitutional rights, and try them in federal courts.

Is that not pitiful. The one you mentioned is huge. It, in

Nov 8, 2013, 8:11 AM

and of itself, would have had a Republican President impeached.And, with Obama, it is a mere afterthought.

you wanted it, now open up your libbie mouths and swallow...***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:40 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

OBAMA ONLY LIED FOR YOUR GOOD, SPANKERS!!!!***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OBAMA ONLY LIED FOR YOUR GOOD, SPANKERS!!!!***

Nov 7, 2013, 8:12 PM

says the guy that bitchesandmoans constantly about the ACA and is completely unaffected by it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. "With my plan, if you like your doctor, you can keep

Nov 8, 2013, 1:12 PM

your doctor."

My doctor died today.

Obama LIED!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That dirty rat bastid, and now you can't even vote

Nov 8, 2013, 1:14 PM

against him. Impeach him, I say.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic