Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keep this in mind for those questioning recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,297

Keep this in mind for those questioning recruiting

Jan 1, 2014, 9:54 PM

We have the #1 QB on ESPN's board in hand. Artavis Scott and Demarre Kitt are reportedly killing it at the Army All-American bowl practices. Milan Richards is one of the best TE prospects in country and he's already in the fold. Don't let a couple of recent misses from a few guys we had on our board blind you from the quality we've already acquired. Maybe we get a couple of surprises, maybe we don't, but this was going to be a small class regardless and we've already got quite a few studs. From a fan standpoint the focus should be on future recruits like OT M. Hyatt, CJ Spiller clone Taj Griffin, beast DB T. McFadden.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about some guys for the trenches***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 2 olinemen committed

Jan 1, 2014, 10:31 PM

and we probably need 1 defensive lineman. Hopefully Andrew Brown

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Good grief. This trenches cry gets old.

Jan 1, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to what about some guys for the trenches*** ]

Unless you think Crowder, Morris, Ogundenko, Pagano, or more recently Hearn and Falcinelli etc., etc., are all really worthless, we've been making steady progress.

I will agree we need to LAND Mitch Hyatt and get at least two more of his caliber (not necessarily 5 star) in 2015. We've got a number of offers out for both sides of the ball.

Were is McFadden from.

Jan 1, 2014, 10:09 PM

Re: Were is McFadden from.

Jan 1, 2014, 10:29 PM

Plantation, FL. Rivals already has him as a 5-star. Supposedly we're in his top 8.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Tarvarus-McFadden-146462

I have to believe that people who whine about our recruiting

Jan 1, 2014, 10:31 PM

Do not follow college football recruiting other than T-Net updates.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 1, 2014, 10:34 PM

We're missing on high quality over signs. We could take no more committs and be fine. But I suspect we take 1 or 2 more

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

we targeted several defensive ends and spent hours

Jan 1, 2014, 10:40 PM

upon hours upon hours courting them for good reason.

before the season DE was an area of need; we lose 3 minimum at the end of next year, possibly 2 of those sooner.

we've whiffed on targets we supposedly had comfortable leads with at some point. similar to adams last year. that hurts.

you're not going to get them all, but you do want to fill your needs and de is a need in this cycle.

in no way, shape or form is that in anyway bitching about what we do have, it's simply pointing out we missed on an area of need.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2015 OL Hyatt. Green. Veal.***

Jan 1, 2014, 10:34 PM

If we land those three olinemen

Jan 1, 2014, 10:37 PM

We have enough to beat FSU for 4 years

People also need to remember Clemson isn't for everyone

Jan 1, 2014, 10:40 PM

We tend to get guys who find Family, Spirituality, and Rural life (for the most part in that order) appealing. If in particular those first 2 things I mentioned aren't that important to a recruit, we'll probably have a hard time getting them. As long as Dabo's in charge, that's generally how it's going to be.

Woods

Jan 1, 2014, 10:42 PM

I think we land all 3 veal just named us co leaders and hyatts our to lose

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic