Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We’re in trouble vs lsu if.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

We’re in trouble vs lsu if.....

Jan 2, 2020, 12:29 PM

Our d line cannot create pressure. I think we let fields become to comfortable in the pocket and gave him time; this LSU offense is a whole other animal. While I do believe our offense will move with much more ease on their defense than LSU’s, our defense will be in trouble if our d line can’t get pressure on Burrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’re in trouble vs lsu if.....

Jan 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

Shhhhh! Don’t say anything even remotely positive about an opponent we play or you will get your head bitten off in here

He’s saying something negative about our DL

Jan 2, 2020, 12:35 PM

We are going to have to dial up exotic pressures in this game to confuse their OL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 12:35 PM

You’re right, and I think the start will be more like that than as the game moves on. As Clemson’s offense scores, BV will be able to do more of what he does with pressure from other places.

We may have had a "spy" on Fields. Saw Simmons "spying"

Jan 2, 2020, 12:40 PM

during the OSU game. Burrow is a pretty good scrambler.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 12:41 PM

OSU has a much better run game than LSU. CBV knows what LSU is going to do, always a bad thing for an opposing offense.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:53 PM

Their RB went for 13000 yards and catches well out of the backfield.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:53 PM

1300 yards

Jan 2, 2020, 2:12 PM

He is a stud and a handful. He will probably have a semi big day if he is healthy. Even Dobbins would have probably run for close to 250 on us had he not got dinged up. Dobbins still got about 220 yards or so rushing and receiving. That little LSU rb is a good one.

Jan 2, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: We’re in trouble vs lsu if..... ]

Dobbins ran for 2,000 yards this year. Much better than 1,300.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

I would argue that the same should be said about LSU . Their defensive front 7 has been underwhelming opponents all season and they are moreso in danger against an offense like Clemson's offense which can go up and down the field with anybody .
Our defense is superior to LSU's defense , considering that and knowing that they will not come close to their scoring average against a BV scheme ... they're the one's who should be worried about pass rushing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 12:52 PM

Yes, they've surrendered twice as many touch downs and 1,000 yards more offense. The defensive disparity between the two teams is glaring.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:51 PM

I disagree. I think that BV will play to our strength and play coverage. Getting pressure on Burrow would be nice, but we can confuse him and cover them. They may get lots of yards, but not too many points. In the limited space of the redzone our coverage schemes will become MORE effective.

If you confuse Burrow

Jan 2, 2020, 1:59 PM

You will win the game handily. No one has done it yet, but I do respect Venables' abilities.

Auburn came close with the 3-1-7. Burrow figured it out.

I think Clemson really will have to show two different confusing looks. Once Burrow figures out the first, you shift to the next. If you can do that, you can win the game with margin.

The question is whether you can run the different schemes without subbing. You won't have many opportunities to change personnel if you change packages.

Re: If you confuse Burrow

Jan 2, 2020, 2:08 PM

Clemson's offense against the LSU defense will determine this game as much as the hyped LSU offensive /Clemson defensive matchup will .

Everyone seems to forget how much the Clemson offense can overwhelm opponents .

LSU has an average defense in my opinion . Aside from a pair of good corners , there's no position that they compare with the Buckeys
Buckeye defense .
They're more on par with UVA's defense IMO .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 9:48 PM

Woah, more like UVA’s D than OSU?

Jan 2, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to If you confuse Burrow ]

You are correct. Once Burrow figures a defense out, the rout is on if the defense doesn't change. It will take 2-3 different looks to get the job done.

Jan 2, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to If you confuse Burrow ]

Actually, I don't know if you can say that Burrow figured out the Auburn defense. What did y'all score - 23 ? That won't be enough to beat us

Secondly, BV certainly has more than one plan to slow y'all down. he switched defenses entirely in the 2nd Quarter against OSU and changed the entire complexion of the game. We don't have to go back and forth and we don't have to do it in the middle of a drive.

I think burrow is a very good QB, but i think our D and BV can get the better of y'all and force you to do something that would not be your first choice. We will see. It should be quite the chess match.

Brent has a plan. A great plan.

Jan 2, 2020, 1:40 PM

And it will work.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:06 PM

Our Dline rarely gets pressure. That why BV gets creative with blitzing.

We turn the ball over.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:15 PM

Otherwise, we win

Jan 2, 2020, 9:38 PM

You do understand that we sacked Fields 4 times, intercepted him twice, and probably dropped 3 more. I would have be curious to what uncomfortable would have looked like.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic