Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do defs keep trying to take away run & get burnt thru air
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Do defs keep trying to take away run & get burnt thru air

Oct 29, 2018, 12:16 PM

or do you think we will start to see teams try to limit pass and open up our run game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do defs keep trying to take away run & get burnt thru air

Oct 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

Eventually teams will be forced to try and defend both. That's when you will see the balance return. If they sell out for one or the other you see the results. With a qb like Lawrence and our offensive personnel I don't think anyone will totally shut us down including Alabama. Throw in our defense and you can forget about it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the theme of the past month has been that you can

Oct 29, 2018, 12:21 PM

take away whatever you want, and we can do the opposite. We can come out with the power run game if we absolutely have to (Syracuse), we can come out passing- even if its methodically taking what they give us in the short passing game (NC State), or anything in between.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We're giving future DCs on our schedule nightmares

Oct 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

to watch on game film. That's what we're doing.

I'm fine either way. We can beat teams a lot

Oct 29, 2018, 12:25 PM

of different ways. Teams will likely try to pick a poison. N. C. State never adjusted and kept crashing the line to stop the run.

FSU played tight man to man and we just didn't execute early. we should have scored 14-17 more points if we had.

Don' think it much matters what Loserville tries to take away. We could have 300 yards of rushing and passing or more. They are woeful.

BC will likely take the NC State approach.

Duke won't really matter, they can't stop either. Pitt trucked them with the running game.

Coots, they can't stop much either.

If we don't score 40 to 50 plus the rest of the way home, we're not playing well. That should hold for the ACCCG as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do defs keep trying to take away run & get burnt thru air

Oct 29, 2018, 12:59 PM

Absolutely. Football at any level is about trying to confuse the other team or choosing an arwa of their offense to try and stop. If you show you have other ways of winning, it doesn't work well. teams may still and try to stop the run because they might not feel they can stop the passing attack.It is a nightmare when you can do both.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic