Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you haven't read this article about AB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

If you haven't read this article about AB

Sep 17, 2019, 5:28 PM

You must. If this doesn't clearly say POS . .then there is something wrong with you too. The more you read the more your jaw should drop. https://sports-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/more-history-antonio-brown-history-142149539.html?amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Famphtml%2Fmore-history-antonio-brown-history-142149539.html%23referrer%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%26amp_tf%3DFrom%2520%25251%2524s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you haven't read this article about AB

Sep 17, 2019, 5:57 PM

News Flash, pro-sports are full of those over paid monsters that just haven't been found out about yet. They haven't been found out bc of cover ups, big money placed in the hands of officials that hasn't really had a pot to Pee in or a window to throw it out of. Wife abuse, child abuse, gambling, dog fighting, just name it, and they are getting away with it bc they are putting the money in the hands of the people that can cover it up, and people are scared to death of those people bc they have seen the control they have in the area's where they live and hide out. Some of their wives have been dirt dirt poor their entire life, and they are scared of losing the life in the big times among their friend and families that are believing that their love one was drunk and falling down, or was deserving bc they knew how they were with running their mouth to much. It's out there, but one day it all will collapse around them bc it always does for the ones that are doing the bad things, and it will one day catch up with them. Kids that were raised in the horrible environments that was athletic enough to do good in college and keep their noses clean bc they were hanging out with good people. But when all those millions are in the bank, a lot of them go back to the lifestyle they were raised in and become the bad man with money. It's an unbroken cycle that is just to hard to get away from with a lot of them, and they allow themselves to fall straight back into the dirty lives that were raised in. It's a shame and hard to believe at times, but it happens and is happening until the day people see it on TV or read about in the News!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 7:20 PM

Your mention of dog fighting reminded me of how Vick put a losing dog to death: he drowned them because he didn't want to "waste a bullet on them"-the reasoning & the act itself, scream sociopath, and he admitted to over 50 drownings, now he's doing NFL commentary

Sep 17, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: If you haven't read this article about AB ]

Never said he was the lone and only one. But he is making his behavior public now, he started this mess. And just for the record, there are some very decent people who are professional sports players. I 'd rather be talking about them, they don't get the credit they deserve many times.

So we can takeaway that you don’t like pro players***

Sep 17, 2019, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If you haven't read this article about AB ]

Sep 17, 2019, 7:12 PM

I'm with you. This guy is a big PoS.

We're being somewhat harsh, I think. While each person has

Sep 17, 2019, 7:42 PM

to be accountable for his/her actions, and accountability means making amends for wrongs done rather than hiding behind excuses and legalisms, if anyone reading that account had an absent father and a step father who kicked him out of the house as a teenager, he might be acting the same as Brown right now. That we do to others in adulthood what was done to us as children is well known.

That his lawyers and agents keep shielding him from facing his responsibilities is doing him no good at all. If there is a PoS in the story it is them. In that story, it seems that while in college, as coaches and chaplains took the place of HS coaches as mentors, Brown seemed to be growing into adulthood. It is not enough to say that a 22 year old should be an adult: a 22 year old with decent upbringing should be an adult, but a 22 year old who has never had it is still 12 (at 22 I was probably 18). Those mentors were filling in the gaps. With his first pro contract came independence from those types of mentors, and he is simply behaving as one would predict.

As I read the story the word PoS came to mind, but not about Brown. All those people since his graduation who have seen Brown as a asset rather than a human - agents, teams, lawyers, his entourage - all those are PoS for keeping Brown where he is rather than risking what he brings by telling him what he needs to hear. Those are PoS.

For Brown I just feel regret that he had his growth stopped at college graduation. Regarding the sexual allegations, yes he should pay whatever consequences are due that. But those events didn't come because Brown is a bad person. We don't know that. We don't even know Antonio Brown yet. The last anyone saw of him he was being kicked out of the house while in high school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you're just being too soft.***

Sep 17, 2019, 8:19 PM

Hey hey hey, watch it. I used the term 'PoS' with malicious

Sep 17, 2019, 8:40 PM

intent 3 times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is just the beginning of more stuff to come out about him...

Sep 17, 2019, 8:35 PM

Heard an interview with an SI writer on the Dan Patrick show there is more to come than just this

he should of been suspended by the league when he...

Sep 17, 2019, 8:45 PM

tried to the physically attack Mike Mayock

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic