Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Superstitions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Superstitions

Oct 3, 2016, 7:21 PM

Since the start of 2015 (after I converted my the coot girlfriend to a Die hard tiger fan) we have the same routine. We wear the same clothes every game day (yes we wash them every week) go to the same coffee shop and get the same thing. I sit in the same spot and have to have the remote and my phone in a certain spot. All this is probably due to my playing baseball for 10 years but it has worked all but 1 time since I started it. Anyone else have a superstitious routine every game day?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same Tigers T-shirt (old) and a flag on my house.

Oct 3, 2016, 7:24 PM

Will NOT chance it with either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am NOT superstitious!

Oct 3, 2016, 7:38 PM

I think being superstitious causes bad luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you did there...

Oct 3, 2016, 8:34 PM

...I saw it.

Re: Superstitions

Oct 3, 2016, 8:04 PM

I put the tiger flag in front of my house on the day of the spring game and it stays there until national signing day. A Clemson game ball goes on the mantel on the day of the first game and stays there until Clemson plays its last game in January.... and many more, but those are the big ones.

Re: Superstitions

Oct 3, 2016, 8:09 PM

I wear the same "game day" outfit. I start the day listening to Tiger Rag and one from You Tube called #### Good Day to Be a Clemson Tiger. I watch the game on one TV and my husband watches it on another one. We call back and forth to each, but can't watch it in the same room!

No shaving on game day

Oct 3, 2016, 8:31 PM

11:59 pm = okay

12:01 am = too bad, gotta wait

I refuse to make eye contact with either one of my

Oct 3, 2016, 8:36 PM

house goats the Friday before a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Gameday ritual ride over Paris Mtn

Oct 3, 2016, 8:38 PM

Got to hit sub 15:00 on the 1st effort (tougher opponent calls for multiple efforts - NC - I did 4 & it wasn't enough), also got to hit at least 45 mph on the descent towards town.

The alma mater is now a lullaby

Oct 3, 2016, 8:39 PM

Thought of another one. Last year we started singing the alma mater in the lullaby repertoire. Just for fun and not every night - but always before game day. My two year old loved it and memorized it pretty quick.

Now a tradition

Were Clemson colors the day before a game.

Oct 3, 2016, 9:10 PM

But on gamedays, I do not wear Clemson colors. I did this all last year, except for the National championship game (sorry). I also wore my new clemson gear during the first two games this year. I haven't worn Clemson gear on gameday since.

Wear. . . sigh***

Oct 3, 2016, 9:10 PM

this is a weird one

Oct 3, 2016, 9:28 PM

I'm a runner...well moreso in mileage before getting to 55. But, still 20/week or so. I avoid cracks in pavement which can be troublesome. Can't help it all year long and it is even more important in the fall. It must work given our last two years! Second, odd numbers are critical to the success of our teams. Three shakes of pepper. Cadence down the stairs, troublesome.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic