Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Fan Stories
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,478

UGA Fan Stories

Aug 27, 2013, 11:43 AM

When I was an intern at a stock brokerage firm one summer in college, my supervisor was taking me around the office and introducing me to everyone. My supervisor informed them that I was interning and was currently a Clemson student. The first thing one older man says to me is "Clemson huh, too bad you couldn't have gone to a good school", and then walks away. I later find out he is a UGA fan.

Story#2- Freshmen year in 2003- a carload of UGA fans passing me and my friends walking back from Harcombe and yells "F**K Clemson" out of their window as they drive by.

So Yeah....TO H3LL WITH GEORGIA!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to a game in Athens in the early 70's...

Aug 27, 2013, 11:47 AM

I think we lost by something like 50-3, but what really annoyed was being pelted with chicken bones and having hootch poured down our backs...

back before UGA enclosed one end of their stadium

Aug 27, 2013, 11:56 AM

people (mostly UGA students) would climb up on the elevated railroad tressel to watch the game. It was high enough to see the field.

If you walked down below them on the street wearing orange, you would get pelted with beer cans, food, empty liquor bottles, pennies, etc. Fun times. Yeah.

Also, on your way home from Athens down the back roads towards the Upstate, rural UGA fans would have their children perched beside the highway with signs (game score, "Clemson Sucks"), stuffed tigers on nooses, etc., mocking us as we passed by.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: back before UGA enclosed one end of their stadium

Aug 27, 2013, 12:42 PM

yes those people were scum. we tried to bait them to come down once and say it too our faces. they wouldnt becuase we and they knew they would lose their spot if they did. they were trash and we should have ignored them but we were young

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had 2 Ga. fans seriously try to throw me off of that

Aug 27, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to back before UGA enclosed one end of their stadium ]

trestle. I had tried to get a ticket, and couldn't. Therefore that was the ONLY place that I could see some of the game. Thank God that they were drunk and I was in a lot better physical condition then. Otherwise...

1987.....our seats were 5 rows above the visitors seats

Aug 27, 2013, 12:04 PM

Now I could go on all day about the great things my 11-year-old ears heard and what my eyes saw that day, but I don't have all day. Let's just say to that point in my life (and since) I have never seen as many drunk, obnoxious, fighting, cussing, grown people congregated in such a concentration.

For the record, I have been to every USC-Clemson game since that day (both at WB and Death Valley). And that game still stands head and shoulders above all those games for the number of obnoxious, intoxicated, and unruly fans.

The only thing giving the coots the edge as far as sorry fans go, is the fact that we play them every year. If we played Georgia every year, I'm not sure I could give our feathered friends in Columbia the nod as the worst college football fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1986-Athens: When we parked the first thing the guy driving

Aug 27, 2013, 12:10 PM

did was buy a UGA sticker from someone on the street. He taped it over his Clemson sticker on his car--lots of keying was going on--and he called it his Car Insurance Policy for the day. He ripped it off on the way out.

When Treadwell kicked the winning FG we were all crazy. It was awesome. On the way out of the stadium some 80 year old UGA fan put his dukes up and said something like--You wanta fight-y'all got lucky. We were laughing and all so much we turned him around like a cartoon character as we passed by. It was a typical UGA character. That was a great Clemson win!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1986-Athens: When we parked the first thing the guy driving

Aug 27, 2013, 12:42 PM

UGA fans...they're the worst in my experience by far!

when i was like 7-8 yrs old, we played them here & beat them pretty nicely & their fans were pretty pizzed to say the least!
on our way out of the stands my bro & i stopped in the restroom (he's 5 yrs older).

cheering & happy about the win, waving my tiger rag, we were on our way out through the bathroom exit...

when some older UGA fan (in like his 40's probably) decided to take the loss out on me & my brother by pushing us out of the way & cursing...

but he slammed my head into the wall!!! so my brother yelled at him & other Tiger fans had seen it...

They became furious, needless to say & the crappy Ga guy got dragged into the restroom & we didn't ever see him again...but i'm sure he didn't leave in any good shape by far!

LOVE CLEMSON! LOVE OUR FANS! WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!
SOLID ORANGE PRIDE!!!

that's my worst UGA story...

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: UGA Fan Stories

Aug 27, 2013, 12:50 PM

Agreed....F-ing rednecks!!!

3 Tiger Band bus windows were broken by flying liquor

Aug 27, 2013, 1:55 PM

bottles as we passed frat row after beating the dawg in athens. Great times... 1986 Treadwell

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: UGA Fan Stories

Aug 27, 2013, 2:21 PM

Ah, yes the infamous "Track People." Legend has it that, when the stadium was enclosed, thus depriving them of their free view of the game, the leader of the Track People put a hex on Georgia. We haven't won a championship since...

Georgia started out as a penal colony, and then

Aug 27, 2013, 2:27 PM

things went down hill from there.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,478
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic