Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 31, 2020, 8:14 AM

Friday night, calm evening in, not even sure what was on the TV.

Saturday, worked in the shed until I couldn't stand the heat, then some work in the house.

Sunday, up to Clover to visit with the family, luckily we visited long enough that I didn't have to go to Ikea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Aug 31, 2020, 8:18 AM

Friday - Grilled a couple of ribeyes and had a nice Pinot from Oregon.

Sattidy - Fairly low key, just messed around the house. Braised some short ribs.

Sunday - same. Did watch the Rahm Bomb at the BMW. Helluva finish.

8/10 for no particular reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Couple questions for you

Aug 31, 2020, 8:25 AM

a) Is that bigasss empty factory still for lease on Hwy 55?
b) Did you go to the Eagle's Nest?
c) There's an Ikea in Clover now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know of any bigass factory on 55, you sure it

Aug 31, 2020, 9:05 AM

is on 55? If so, it must be past McGill's going towards Blacksburg.

No.

No, but it was closer than it normally is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apologies...I meant 5. This one

Aug 31, 2020, 9:11 AM

Funny what sticks out in your mind....had a big "for lease or sale" sign out front for years with Reg Wyler as the realtor. I only remember it because I assumed he was the worst realtor ever.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/State+Hwy+55,+South+Carolina/@35.0781551,-81.4383965,332m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8856ef946d2fa0db:0x4e8be32ca7c152ce!8m2!3d35.119464!4d-81.2366193

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is, and Reg still has it.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:25 AM

I think about you every time I pass it, LOLUTZ.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome. I’ve always wanted a legacy.***

Aug 31, 2020, 2:21 PM

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Aug 31, 2020, 8:29 AM

It's over? Summer is almost gone. Somebody needs to.tell thermometer.

I barely remember it. Friday was birthday. Nothing special. Finally reached Medicare. Pizza night.

Saturday lots of tv. Pork loin and roasted cauliflower.

Sunday got new phones. Did set up. Signed up with Spectrum mobile. Waiting on sim cards. Meatloaf with black eyed peas and peppers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meatloaf performed with the black eyed peas?

Aug 31, 2020, 8:30 AM

Seems an odd combo, but hey, whatever...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Why did you ignore...

Aug 31, 2020, 8:40 AM

The Red Hot Chili Peppers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sick

Aug 31, 2020, 8:31 AM

spent all weekend in the chair trying to recover from what I now think was food poisoning.

Haven't had a solid duke since Tuesday.

Friday was doctor's appointments, xrays and tests.

Saturday was recovery

Sunday I actually felt ok so started back drinking again.

Also spent the entire weekend binge watching Hunter X on Amazon Prime. Very good show for those who like a little history in their fiction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Is that like the old show Hunter, with Fred Dryer as

Aug 31, 2020, 8:36 AM

Hunter and his partner Sgt McCall driving her Dodge Daytona Turbo? I'm assuming the X means it's just super Xtreme and they're using skateboards and surfing and stuff too.

Reasonably solid, all in all

Aug 31, 2020, 8:34 AM

Friday night - no kids, long overdue date night with wife. Left house around three, went to a bazillion antique shops in search for a vintage console stereo/turntable. Found a bunch of crappy ones and one good one. Went out to dinner, came home and watched that Adam Sandler Uncut Gems movie....decent flick, but an ending that made you want to go start the car and close the garage door.

Saturday - Church youth group outing on our lake. An older couple said they had a boat that we could use for "home base". I was assuming it was a pontoon boat. Nope, it was a badassss 45 ft Power cat that they're going to use to do the Great Loop...seriously awesome boat. We met them out there, put the lilly pad behind their boat for the kids, and then used our boat to tow any kids who wanted to tube (Yes, pawski, I hate tubing but some of these kids were total uncoordinated newbs). Pretty fun to see the look on a 12 year old's face that's never even been on a boat when they get a quick ride behind the boat....in their mind they were X-games competitors...lol...good times.

Saturday eve....changed fuel filter and impeller in boat. Looks like I'll need a circulation pump as well, as water is starting to drip from the weep hole, indicating imminent bushing failure. Oh well, first repair the boat's needed in 5 years...a $250 part ain't bad.

Sunday - First day back to having church in our sanctuary. Probably 30 people there and it was fantastic to see a lot of old faces again. Funny what you miss after 5 months.

9/10 weekend fo sho, only dinged for the skunk attack.

Wow, just....wow

Aug 31, 2020, 9:20 AM

Obed owns his own lake.

Congrats on the LDR, sir

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Week two of chaos

Aug 31, 2020, 8:41 AM

Having all the floors replaced. Mr. OCD is about ready to swallow a bullet.

Welp, the workers will be here soon. I need to start drinking. Y'all have a g'day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doin hardwoods? Last ones I had done were about

Aug 31, 2020, 8:46 AM

15 years ago. Two guys who were Muslims from Kazakhstan put em in over the course of a week or so, and by day three I was used to them pulling out the prayer rugs in my dining room and facing Mecca, and curling up on the floor in the fetal position for 45 minutes each midday for a nap.

I'm going to get them refinished in our current house, but not before the kids have moved out...it would just be a waste of money before then.

Re: Doin hardwoods? Last ones I had done were about

Aug 31, 2020, 9:14 AM

It's a long story. The floors were supposed to be done when we returned from vacation. Sacked the first crew on the Monday after our return. New guys are great, but they are working us in during their spare time. Main level is almost done. Just a couple of touch ups. Upstairs is about half done. I swear they are all on amphetamines, but they are doing a good job and I don't give a #### at this point.

Do they talk really fast and sweat a lot?

Aug 31, 2020, 9:17 AM

Amphetamines.

Re: Do they talk really fast and sweat a lot?

Aug 31, 2020, 9:23 AM

Talk really fast. No eye contact. Darting around all over the place. I swear a lot.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 31, 2020, 8:59 AM

Not too bad. Still really hot up here. Enjoying more free weekends to explore the new town. Took the wife and kids (4yo and 6mo) out time the park kayaking with me yesterday, constant complaining and whining. Learned my lesson for sure. Had a really tough case last week who’s finally starting to come around, so that’s good. On call tonight, so that’s bad. I’m still nervous being the “final word” still so fresh out of training.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed it...where are you now?***

Aug 31, 2020, 9:04 AM

Re: I missed it...where are you now?***

Aug 31, 2020, 9:06 AM

CVille

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noice! Cool town. It's been a while since I've been there,

Aug 31, 2020, 9:16 AM

but it was probably only second to Martha's Vineyard in numbers of popped collars spotted while there.

Also, I can help with the "final call" nerves.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

I've watched a ton of TV...House, Trapper John, Quincy......

Even if you are unsure of what you're saying, if you say it in a really angry, demeaning, and disdainful way, no living soul will question your expertise. Hope that helps---that one's free.

Not that great

Aug 31, 2020, 9:00 AM

Fri night, CFA and Lion King

Sat - worked more than I like, Smokin Pig for dinner

Sun - Worked half a day, cut some millet and other stuff on the tractor

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

starting to look like we live here

Aug 31, 2020, 9:00 AM

Fri - first steak night on our actual kitchen table. took a break from unpacking and #### and just got tore up, at good food, had drunk seggs

Sat - up early to cut grass. apparently, it's no bueno to let mooda grass grow for two weeks and try to cut it when it's wet. JFC it wooped my ###. hand me down string trimmer i got from pops (RIP) finally kicked the bucket. tired of cleaning out the carburetor and fixing it in general, so goign to permanently put the blade back on and retire her as a string trimmer. quit doing yard work around 1 b/c sweatin like a sumbich.

got showered up and went furniture shopping. HS friend of dawghater2she's family owns a furniture store up here. got some dope ### custom leather couches (argentinian cowhide, what up). got some samples for a bedroom set that we'll go back and check out next week. stopped by in-laws pool to drank some beers.

Sun - still raining, but went and got new string trimmer. haven't used it yet b/c rain. spent rest of morning reading the paper till wife woke up. ate some breakfast and made the trek to costco to stock up on ####. came home, hung #### up and unpacked. it never stops

tried to cut finger off with chain saw-failed

Aug 31, 2020, 9:02 AM

just like me isn't it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 9:09 AM

Good Friday and Saturday. Yesterday I drove all day from Wilmington to South Florida. It was good though in a way to drive because I decided I am selling my place and moving to Wilmington whenever I can make that happen. Anyway...

Can't blame you on Wilmington. I don't know anyone who

Aug 31, 2020, 9:19 AM

wouldn't want to share hometowns with Linda Lavin.

Re: Can't blame you on Wilmington. I don't know anyone who

Aug 31, 2020, 9:31 AM

Her son Tommy passed away. RIP

They get more hurricanes than anyone.

Aug 31, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

What part of Florida are you moving away from?

They're getting to be quite routine, unfortunately.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:24 AM

Friday, knocked off work and drank beers and played bass, then went and fixed some supper. Flipped some channels until I got a reminder that a pal of mine (and Willmo®) from Clemson was doing his Friday night gig on Facebook, so tuned in and watched him play for an hour. Then Watched some TV and crashed.

Saturday, chores and errands until late afternoon. Went to hang out with Mom for a while and she wanted a Sonic burger again, so ran down the road and grabbed that and ate with her. Had no idea that Sonic onion rings were sodamn good. Back home to grab a shower, then got bass & beers and headed out for MEDIUM volume acoustic jam. We had a good time, but everybody had done the chores/errand/yard work thing all day and the jam just didn't have much energy. Home to crash around 1 am.

Sunday, up to drink coffee, walk pup, made grocery run, then over to Joonyer's to meet their new rescue dog, a very sweet and rambunctious three-legged rottweiler mix. He's about 11 months old and only 4 weeks removed from a rear leg amputation because his previous allowed him to get under the house and get tangled in a live electrical wire, and then left him there until a neighbor called animal control. Some people just need to be quickly and cleanly eliminated from this planet. Anyway, had a blast playing with both Joonyer's pups, then home to cook. Ate, played bass, watched some TV, and crashed.

17.75/19 Covids, weekends are starting to get a little stale but at least playing live music makes it tolerable.

shrooms

Aug 31, 2020, 9:30 AM
shroom1.jpg(153.9 K)
shroom2.jpg(113.8 K)
shroom3.jpg(172.6 K)

shrooms

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

S'aight.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:42 AM

Friday: met the wives of some AZ frans that were in Charleston for one of their bdays. Met them at La Farfelle, where I learned that I must figure out how to make banana pudding cheesecake. Walked around for a bit sightseeing, decided Vendue rooftop was too crowded based on 20 people waiting on the elevator. Walked around a little more, decided on Blind Tiger. Had high hopes of reasonable distancing and precaution outside since people in line were wearing masks. Got inside, and realized that college kids indeed do not give a quarter of a fuck about virus precautions. Stayed anyway, because air conditioning and drinks and tired of walking, hope it was worth it since I definitely have the 'Rona now.

Saturday: super-productive day. Watched all 8 episodes of The Boys. Need somebody to explain the ending to me.

Sunday: spent 4 hours pressure washing. I don't know that anybody could have predicted this, but when it rains for the entire month of August in the South, it provides a conducive atmosphere for green stuff to grow. Probably could have named several new species of moss and algae between front and back porches. Made a pot of chili. Wife complained it was too spicy. Kids all ate it. I see where the issue lies.

4/10 because 'Rona, should have antibodies so could do again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good, the bad and the ugly!!!!

Aug 31, 2020, 12:17 PM

The Good: Had my son with me. We fished, swam, golfed, started putting together a deer stand (Muddy Quad), cleaned house, mowed grass, grilled, and I didn't have to work.

The Bad: Was stood up for a date Friday night!! Online dating sucks. Everyone on eHarmony lives more than 60 miles from Chesterfield it seems!! I'm about to give the crap up.

The Ugly: Checked corn pile and noticed blood. Not sure where the blood came from. Is someone trespassing and hunting early season? Could a deer have been attacked by coyotes or is the velvet shedding and bleeding? I'm not sure. Then to top it off, the fan belt broke on my Farmall and that can be a beech to change!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 1:08 PM

I had a friend from Clover when I was in Clemson. He called it jokingly "Little Chicago".

Not bad.

Aug 31, 2020, 1:16 PM

As of Sept 28 I'll be 100% debt free! My house went under contract.

No idea where I'm going to go though. After the inspection I'm going to ask the guy thats buying the place if he wants to buy all my furniture, or most of it anyway. He's just going to rent the place out so it'd be easier than bringing new stuff in. Perfect scenario would be taking my clothes and whatever personal stuff I have in here and just leaving.

Still haven't messed with my passport so wherever I go it wont be overseas for a while. I'm thinking either the keys or Murrell's Inlet/Pawleys.

Hopefully, we get hot water back today. Its been a very cold morning for last few days with the water heater broken.

Also found out that not all boats with twin engines steer the same. I drove a contender 30 (I think?) years ago with twins that could pivot on its stern by putting one engine in FWD and one in REV; I drove a friend's 25' Sea Hunt yesterday and couldn't make that thing turn around like that even after about 5 tries. I'm going to research why it's so much different.

I'm giving the weekend a 8/10, because we had to run from thunderstorms on the boat yesterday.

You could just move to Rock Hill instead of Murrell's Inlet.

Aug 31, 2020, 1:54 PM

Which is basically made up of all Rock Hill people, but with an ocean. Seriously...not sure what the allure is, but I bet I know 30 or so former RH people that live there. Granted, there ain't many Rock Hillians left in Rock Hill anymore, so there's that.

Houses are still relatively cheap

Aug 31, 2020, 2:04 PM

and its near salt and fresh water.

I've got some friends that live there, and I'm really tired of Mt Pleasant, so there's that.

Yeah, and there are NO houses in Rock Hill.

Aug 31, 2020, 2:17 PM

ZERO inventory. Joonyer listed his first house and had an offer for $5000 over asking in less than an hour after the listing went live. It's almost like seeing a Sasquatch to see a residential for sale sign around RH right now.

I guess the biggest decision you'll have to make is Dead Dog Saloon, Hot Fish Club, or Suck Bang Blow.

Bartender at Wahoo's already gets me a Miller Lite when I

Aug 31, 2020, 2:23 PM

walk in.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic