Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was never a Sarah Palin fan but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 438

I was never a Sarah Palin fan but

Aug 30, 2018, 9:13 AM

and I completely understand not inviting Trump to the funeral.

But Palin deserved an invite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll promise you this.

Aug 30, 2018, 9:17 AM

Not inviting the POTUS and Palin isn't the first mistake John made in his life. It's makes him look cheap and petty. Now the left thinks he's an American hero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll promise you this.

Aug 30, 2018, 9:22 AM

Why would he ever invite Trump after the relationship they had and how he felt about Trump? You support a dirtbag. Palin is tough to figure though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would any patriot invite a sitting POTUS to his funeral?

Aug 30, 2018, 10:06 AM

Are you serious, Clark?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would any patriot invite a sitting POTUS to his funeral?

Aug 30, 2018, 10:07 AM

Obviously

Huh. To me it’s a no-brained not to invite Trump.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Why would any patriot invite a sitting POTUS to his funeral? ]

Am I misremembering? Trump’s comments directed at McCain were very disrespectful and often personal. I don’t recall any indication that shows that Trump felt anything but a lack of respect for McCain...up to and including not releasing a statement from the White House, tweeting thoughts for his family (nothing about him) and raising the flags as quickly as possible.

So, why would McCain be so rude as to make the President of the United States...an institution and country he respects...either decline the invitation or awkwardly sit through it...or worse...speak during it?

Good move.

I don’t know Palin’s relationship but it’s not about her, so if he didn’t want to invite her, that’s fine.

null

What makes you think

Aug 30, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to I'll promise you this. ]

that it was John, not Cindy or Meghan McCain who made the call on this? Has that been reported, somewhere?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What makes you think

Aug 30, 2018, 9:47 AM

Trump more than likely won't be invited to any living president's funeral if he is alive for them.

Jimmy Carter? Maybe but doubtful.

Clinton? No chance

George H W Bush No chance

W? Unlikely

I disagree.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

I think you are projecting your disgust for Trump on others who disagree with his behavior. Time after time we've seen presidents to join hands in causes which make their politics differences seem trivial. Imo, a death of one of them is one of those times.

Re: I disagree.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:22 AM

They have all expressed their disgust with him. The Bush family can't stand him. Clinton can't stand him. That leaves Carter, who bashes Trump as well. Carter is the type that might invite him anyway being the devout Christian he is.

Re: I disagree.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:42 AM

Yah, you said so much thus my reason to disagree stands. Death is the end man. Politics should be the last thing on a man's mind if he expects to enter eternity guiltless. It's not about eternity as much as it is about the human condition.

You are short sighted and naive, dismissing the definite end of life as something trivial instead of the most paramount thing in a dying man's mind at the end of life. I am there. I've had two heart surgeries 20 years apart and am due another. Surgeons will not fix my heart again because of the risk of me dying being so high. Don't pretend you can relate to how John felt as he faced death. You have no frame of reference and you're embarrassing me having to explain it.

Don't think it has anything to do with political differences

Aug 30, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I disagree. ]

and is more about Trump as a person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump has no respect for the office.

Aug 30, 2018, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I disagree. ]

It probably stems from the other 44 Presidents before him not being as worthy of the office as he is. Why should he respect them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it because JM laid out all the plans for his funeral

Aug 30, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to What makes you think ]

I can't imagine him not making the guest list. I can't imagine a family member amending his last wishes.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: I'll promise you this.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I'll promise you this. ]

Not inviting the POTUS and Palin isn't the first mistake John made in his life. It's makes him look cheap and petty. Now the left thinks he's an American hero.

People on the right will get outraged over anything.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, it's a funeral

Aug 30, 2018, 9:30 AM

how does anyone beyond the family have a right to feel one way or the other on this?

If you were talking about some other public event---the Senate building dedication, perhaps----I might agree with you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everyone has a right to feel however they want to feel.

Aug 30, 2018, 9:34 AM

McCain and/or his family want W. there and O. but not his running mate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not?

Aug 30, 2018, 9:46 AM

Maybe Palin insulted Cindy's potato salad recipe, or showed John a little too much cleavage or something... I dunno. Point is, it's not really any of the public's business to have input on who attends/doesn't attend his private funeral.

of course it is. they're all public figures.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:08 AM

no one is saying anyone should be forced to attend.

but I can guarantee something with absolute certainty: If a prominent GOP member dies tomorrow and Obama isn't "invited," the media will be aghast and claim its because of racism.

Well, yeah... absolutely the media would be all over that.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:02 PM

Just like with the Palin thing.

What I'm saying is that even public figures deserve a little privacy from time-to-time. A funeral would be one such example.

Re: everyone has a right to feel however they want to feel.

Aug 30, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to everyone has a right to feel however they want to feel. ]

Maybe he had a bad relationship with Palin? That's always possible. He probably had a better relationship with W and O.

better relationship with W?

Aug 30, 2018, 10:08 AM

so you recall the 2000 election and the black love child ads/calls?

Yes, that was clearly signed off on by W***

Aug 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

what did The Decider do to stop it?***

Aug 30, 2018, 10:36 AM

Did he know about it at the time?***

Aug 30, 2018, 10:47 AM

Re: better relationship with W?

Aug 30, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to better relationship with W? ]

It's 2018 though. That's a lot of time for things to change. He probably liked Palin a lot better in 2000. A lot changes in 18 years.

2008***

Aug 30, 2018, 11:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2008***

Aug 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

Ooops...Thank you. It has still been a bit. Thanks for the correction.

I doubt Palin wants to attend Hitler's funeral...***

Aug 30, 2018, 10:34 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

did Trump die too?***

Aug 30, 2018, 10:37 AM

You are ripe today.

Aug 30, 2018, 10:44 AM

You desperately need to get plucked.

That's what the libbies called McCain in 2008***

Aug 30, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to did Trump die too?*** ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I don't understand the premise of "inviting" someone

Aug 30, 2018, 11:13 AM

to a funeral. Who all got an "invite"? Was it in the mail? Are those the only people going?

Probably a lot of bitterness between the two

Aug 30, 2018, 11:27 AM

after Game Change came out and how she was displayed.

Steve Schmidt: “The Queen is not the head of the govt. in England.”
Palin“Who is the head of the govt.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCain could only really blame himself, though.

Aug 30, 2018, 2:33 PM

I mean, he probably didn't have a shot anyway against Obama, but choosing Palin as running mate will go down as one of the great gaffs in political history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Since when do you have to be invited to a funeral?***

Aug 30, 2018, 2:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 35
| visibility 438
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic