Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, whaddya know...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,690

Well, whaddya know...

Oct 6, 2019, 8:27 AM

Approaching half way point of the season here are the conference losing records:
AAC-4
ACC-2
Big12-1
Big10-4
CUSA-9!
MAC-8!
MWC-3
PAC12-2
SEC-5
Sun Belt-5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To clarify, you are showing number of teams with overall

Oct 6, 2019, 8:31 AM

losing records, in each conference?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To clarify, you are showing number of teams with overall

Oct 6, 2019, 8:56 AM

Correct

Re: Well, whaddya know...

Oct 6, 2019, 8:46 AM

So what point are you trying to make?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 9:00 AM

I find it interesting that the supposed "weak" ACC only has 2 teams with overall losing records at this point while the "big bad" SEC has 2.5 times that. Also, was surprised to see that there are conferences with such high numbers of losing records.

Oct 6, 2019, 9:30 AM

Hate to bring reality into it, but a lot of our ACC teams haven't played many conference games yet, most notably, Wake is 5-0, but only 1-0 in conference. Pitt on the other side is 4-2, but only 1-1 in conference.

The SEC marshmallows that all have losing records have been feasted upon by the upper echelon of the conference, with most of those losses being in conference games.

The season will have to play out, and unfortunately for the ACC, a lot of the marshmallows that the SEC plays are IN conference. So their better teams get a double whammy to the good when they play outside marshmallows to boot. It is a formula tried and true to get high rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 9:34 AM

Knock it off with the reality and facts. It gets in the way of the nonsensical jab at the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 10:09 AM

Perhaps you both missed the part where I mentioned "half way point of the season". Of course things can/will change as the season wears on. Also, finding something interesting is a "jab"? Wow, sensitive much?

this board is full of pansy snowflakes***

Oct 6, 2019, 10:44 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Oct 6, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, whaddya know... ]

Your "supposed weak ACC" and "big bad SEC" language give you away. Just own it.

Oct 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

The use of quotations is from media portrayal of each conference. The fact is the truth probably lies somewhere else. The ACC is better than media portrayal and the SEC is worse than media portrayal (Definitely more top heavy). So sorry this ruffles your feath... I mean fur. Hey you should feel good about yourself, your team is still undefeated and only has 2, maybe 4 four games left that will be tough. So you are not in danger of having one of the said losing seasons. But the fact remains that it is entirely possible that the ACC ends up having less teams with losing seasons than the SEC. And THAT, I find interesting...

Oct 6, 2019, 11:31 AM

Still not sure of your larger point. Five SEC teams with losing records. Twelve of their combined 17 losses are to other SEC teams. Are you suggesting that SEC teams beating SEC teams is an indication of the conference not being strong?

Oct 6, 2019, 12:04 PM

Let me make myself more clear...I FIND THE NUMBER OF TEAMS WITH LOSING RECORDS PER CONFERENCE INTERESTING AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY INTEREST IN THE EVENT SOMEONE ELSE FOUND IT INTERESTING...

Interesting indeed

Oct 6, 2019, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,690
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic