Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Sucking hind ###
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

ACC Sucking hind ###

Dec 30, 2018, 11:49 PM

So, who comes out ahead financially once all the bowl distributions are made? It's tough to get a clear answer. Here's what we do know. ...

In the last round of conference distributions made, the ACC's per member payout averaged $26.6 million, the Big 12 distributed an average of $34.3 million per member, and the SEC paid members an average of $40.9 million. These distributions include television and sponsorship revenue, and other conference-generated revenue above and beyond bowl receipts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2018/12/04/alabama-clemson-notre-dame-and-oklahoma-differ-when-it-comes-to-college-football-playoff-payouts/#1f2e9c9b3fa7

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Sucking hind ###

Dec 31, 2018, 12:05 AM

Eye popping numbers! Both conferences mentioned have there own network. How much of the disparity is due to that?
Maybe Clemson's cut goes up after the ACC network gets going? Hope so. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's always been obvious that ND would receive more...

Dec 31, 2018, 12:28 AM

money than any conference team if you include their network contract. That's why they will never join a conference. I can't say I blame them, I wouldn't take that paycut either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's always been obvious that ND would receive more...

Dec 31, 2018, 9:49 AM

Actually Notre Dame is taking about a 5 million dollar pay cut by staying independent. They only get 20% of a share of the TV payout due to not being a football member.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Well we’re doing more with less...

Dec 31, 2018, 12:31 AM

Second highest paid assistant coach, facilities second to none, and a head coach that’s not chasing $$$.

Re: Well we’re doing more with less...

Dec 31, 2018, 10:01 AM

Not having to pay hookers, SAT test sitters, and defense attorneys is a big expense savings over SEC teams.

All the crappy bowl tie ins Swoffie set up for the

Dec 31, 2018, 8:38 AM

conference doesn't help and even worse he had to give ND a shot over a full fledged ACC member at one of those. Is there anything he didn't give them for playing 5 ACC teams out of conference every year?

Re: ACC Sucking hind ###

Dec 31, 2018, 10:07 AM

And this is why u5c promotes their conference affiliation so much. Even as the runt of the SEC, they take in more revenue than we do as the king of the ACC.

Not bad for the idiots who seceded from the ACC just before the expansion of the Big Dance and then stepped into that gopher hole çalled 'no conference affiliation'. Twenty years later they lucked out.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic