Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy"

Nov 7, 2017, 7:32 PM

Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy"

The College Football Playoff Committee on Tuesday chose Georgia (#1 seed), Alabama (#2 seed), Notre Dame (#3 seed) and Clemson (#4 seed) as the four teams proje Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy"

Nov 7, 2017, 7:35 PM

Obviously talking about our defensive backfield. I agree with his assessment. I hope we can avoid any serious injuries Saturday--FSU is going to bring their A game, I have no doubt about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

i thought he meant our superstars

Nov 7, 2017, 7:37 PM

kb and dex

we havent even seen either one play a full great game yet, arguably our 2 most important guys

Nov 7, 2017, 7:54 PM

Clemson started the season healthy and weren't in Herbstreit's top 4. Now the Tiger's may be the best in the nation if healthy. In between his two opinions, he tacitly is acknowledging his earlier bias for busted judgments in favor of teams like USC and OHSt. Glad he's come around.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, we lost some great players, including DW4 and nobody

Nov 7, 2017, 8:02 PM

knew how good KB would be. And he keeps bringing him up in his predictions. I think KB is going get better and better, as long as he stays healthy. I think him giving up that early interception threw his game off last week. He knows how much Dabo hates turnovers, so he overcompensated by throwing high.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, we lost some great players, including DW4 and nobody

Nov 7, 2017, 8:44 PM

Didn't think about that you may be on to something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HIGH on the Short Throws, LOW on the Long Ones!

Nov 7, 2017, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Well, we lost some great players, including DW4 and nobody ]

I keep hearing that KBryant is throwing high... yes, on those receivers in the flats, BUT he is throwing very SHORT on the long ball. The WR have been wasted much of this season because after they have beaten the DB numerous times, they have to stop and come back to fight for the ball again and again. Atlas, our receivers have not fought well in such cases... Cain is a fighter, but needs to high catch the ball as M Williams did in his receptions. He could be great if he would. And Kelly MUST develop those throws or we could be humbled in the playoffs...

atlas, indeed

Nov 7, 2017, 9:29 PM

Nm

Re: HIGH on the Short Throws, LOW on the Long Ones!

Nov 8, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to HIGH on the Short Throws, LOW on the Long Ones! ]

KB has never been able to throw the 20+ yard ball consistently I've said this since he got here even in HS against inferior talent his deep ball and arm strength was suspect. that being said GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: HIGH on the Short Throws, LOW on the Long Ones!

Nov 8, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to HIGH on the Short Throws, LOW on the Long Ones! ]

Yeah, I agree. High on shorts and short on longs. :)

Re: Well, we lost some great players, including DW4 and nobody

Nov 8, 2017, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Well, we lost some great players, including DW4 and nobody ]

He also played right behind DW4, and if he learned anything at all from DW4, he should have saw and learned that FB is about the next play, and you will never get a second chance to replay the play that is behind him. That is exactly how DW4 plays FB, he plays for the next play bc his best play hasn't been played yet. If KB will keep that one thought every time he steps on the field, he has the ability and the tools to be a very good college QB. It's always the next play that will make him a better QB. DW4 had to learn that the next play is the only play that matters, and KB can learn that also, but he must first forget about the last play. Football is like life pretty much, Just don't keep making the same mistakes!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 8:01 PM

:) ;)

Nov 7, 2017, 8:05 PM

I have read a lot about why the coaches have done things the way they have this year. I think during the game Sat. it is obvious why the coaches have done the things they have this year. They substituted players so they would be fresh in the 4th quarter. Lets support our coaches & players and not become spoiled brats. Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone but because we have really a great winning % we should give the credit to the coaches & players. None of us have made a first down or blocked a kick or run a punt back for a TD or even made a TD. Please fans lets give support like we did when they won the National Championship. Lets give them shout outs instead of criticism. Go Tigers!!!!

BRING IT TIGERS ... WHO WILL YOU BE????? Champs ... we've pulled for them when they have been down ...
lets show them love now!!!! Go Tigers ... Bring it against FSU!!!!!

Nov 7, 2017, 8:47 PM

Well Said..... Guys Im still grinnin from last January....

Until you live through the firing of D.Ford and the hiring of Hatfield, the wishing and hoping of West and the Indifference of T.Bowden... all of that that comes with it and the final relief of the Natty like us older guys that have been there, you won't really understand what were talking about.

Ive missed only 4 home games since I graduated in 81 and you really need to appreciate every win.

I agree with Dabo 100% , A win by 1 point when you bust your butt to get it is just as good as a 56-7 blowout (except last year, that wast the best) but anyway, Enjoy it and appreciate the coaches and the players and all the consistancy... Its hard to do !

Go Tigers

Nov 8, 2017, 9:04 AM

> Until you live through the firing of D.Ford and the
> hiring of Hatfield, the wishing and hoping of West
> and the Indifference of T.Bowden... all of that that
> comes with it and the final relief of the Natty like
> us older guys that have been there, you won't really
> understand what were talking about.

Amen.

A football season is a marathon not a sprint.

Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy" ]

Dabo isn't at Clemson for a couple years he's here for life. He substitutes early to prepare for tough game late in the season but he takes every opportunity to build next year's team and those years down the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 8:16 PM

He didn’t mention any injuries besides KB. Almost like he doesn’t even know Big Dex is hurt. When they were talking about all of Alabama’s injured linebackers I thought they may mention Ray Ray being forced into action at corner. He really seems to be dialed in on KB. He did say last week that the Tigers go as Kelly goes so he’s sticking with that mantra.

As KB goes, so goes the team... in the hard games.

Nov 7, 2017, 9:29 PM

It is true... How KB goes, so goes the team. NCSt was a more balanced team than we were. KB must settle in on his passing... The team needs him throwing more than his running. Let the RB carry that weight. Watson was the best when he had to escape the rush and so is Bryant... Best to keep his running to that mostly and let him move the ball with med to long throws. IMO

Nov 8, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit on Clemson: "The best team if everybody is healthy" ]

I think he mentioned only KB because of the Syracuse game, and how that reflects on our standing.

If KB is healthy, that game isn't close. He felt great on the first drive, and boom 3 plays, TD?

Once he was hobbled, that gave Syracuse hope, motivation, and the feeling they had a chance. It also kept the crowd into it.

All teams are banged up at this point. I just hope we jump on FSU enough to get playing time for backups, and rest for Big Dex.

We need everyone healthy for Usuc & beyond.

Nov 8, 2017, 11:52 AM

SIMPLY AMAZING TO ME HOW A GUY FROM OHIO CAN SAY WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM BUT WE HAVE A GROUP , SMALL VOCAL GROUP I CAN ONLY HOPE, THAT SPEND THEIR WAKING HOURS TRASHING OUR PLAYERS, COACHES, PLAY CALLING AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN THINK OF. I GUESS SOME DONT REALIZE WE HAVE GONE 40 SOMETHING AND 4 THE LAST FEW YEARS. VERY SAD GROUP OF PEOPLE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 9:32 AM

It is a shame we can't teach that DW4 emotional toughness to other QBs. KB is a mere mortal in that department and, like the rest of us, is negatively affected by poor plays. We just have to build his confidence with the short stuff and screens. I want to see more RB screens to beat blitzes myself.

Nov 8, 2017, 10:57 AM

Not sure I agree with the mental toughness angle. KB came back from being down against Aw-Burn and scored the next two drives. And he played against Syrexcuse, though hurt. I think he is simply inconsistent with his throws. Sometimes makes beautiful passes. Sometimes they are really ugly. Not everyone is like DW4.

Not stepping into his plant foot... Throwing high.***

Nov 8, 2017, 2:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rat poison.

Nov 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

Herbie is trying to sabotage us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this include kicker?

Nov 8, 2017, 2:28 PM

Hope that shores up quickly

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic