Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, tonight is our last night as a family of 3.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Well, tonight is our last night as a family of 3.

Jan 20, 2020, 11:19 PM

C-section scheduled for tomorrow around noon. That’s really gonna eff up lunch time, but anywho. It’ll be cool.

Now my beef... my work tells me a while ago that I get 3 days of parental leave for the baby. Great. And then yesterday, I was on the phone with a guy who just had a kid a month or so ago, and he said that it had been upped to 5 days. Boom! Life is good. So this morning, I prefill my timesheet utilizing 5 days of parental leave. I knocked the wife up. I earned it, right? Wrong. I go to put in my time for today around 6:00 PM b/c I have a lot of #### to do so I can be out for two weeks. and I have an error telling me I haven’t accrued enough medical and bereavement leave to take a full 40 hours. What!?!! I thought they gave us 5 days of leave for a babby. Oh no. It has to be accrued before you can use the time. Then why the absolute #### was I told, by my manager, that I get time for said babby!?!? Motherfuck these ####### assfuckers. Days off for holidays and stuff was planned with having this time off in mind. Might be time to start looking. I’m so pissed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not 2 weeks after my last kid

Jan 21, 2020, 12:15 AM

our company started offering 160 hours of paternity leave. I asked if I could retroactively use it because of the awesome benefits I bring to the company like using up their bandwidth with my trolling TNet posts. It got a chuckle out of the HR guy. It must be nice to work 900 miles away from the people you say no to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must...

Jan 21, 2020, 12:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most companies have increased that for pops.

Jan 21, 2020, 5:38 AM

before I retired we went to two weeks.

I had no time, other than my PTO 30 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND congrats!!!

Jan 21, 2020, 5:49 AM

Hope all goes well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was what your mgr said verbal or

Jan 21, 2020, 5:49 AM

in an email or text or whatever. If you have it in writing, it’s on them not you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Both were verbal.

Jan 21, 2020, 7:28 AM

Even if in writing it wouldn’t matter, though. It just seems weird that these people who have only ever worked here think that they are given time off from the institute when they actually have to accrue it first. To me it’s no different than taking days off for the flu.

You got it in an email? In writing helps alot.

Jan 21, 2020, 6:47 AM

I have never gotten anything other than the PTO that I have accrued, and as you guys know, with a massive brood of 3 kids, that is ALOT of Paternity leave I wish I had.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My boss was an ##s. Gave me two weeks off but that was

Jan 21, 2020, 7:36 AM

Just off the road. Only 4 days totally off work. Still worked maybe quartertime from home between diaper changes and such. Luckily I set it up so there would be very little homework to do. Maybe a couple hours a day tops. Worked pretty well.

Paid dearly on week 3 though.

Wife took off like 90 days or something. Leveraged vacation, pto, sick days, whatever then the full maternity leave.

Of course if I don't work I don't get paid. And 90 days off I wouldn't have a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Niceee. Today is the last day Greenr carries the

Jan 21, 2020, 7:22 AM

Super sperm crown.

And congratulations!

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No no no.

Jan 21, 2020, 7:31 AM

This is only our second kid. Greenr still has the crown. It’s like he’s Mormon or something.

Misread. This is why I shouldn't come in here before coffee.***

Jan 21, 2020, 7:38 AM

Re: Misread. This is why I shouldn't come in here before coffee.***

Jan 21, 2020, 8:02 AM

paging MauldinT

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I tied Greenr

Jan 21, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to No no no. ]

If he is actually speaking truth about only having three and not actually living the lie we choose to believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'm tied with him too.***

Jan 21, 2020, 2:36 PM

In your 40s and making babby

Jan 21, 2020, 7:42 AM

Congrats

It happens

Jan 21, 2020, 9:48 AM

Signed,

48, father of 4 year old

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: It happens

Jan 21, 2020, 10:08 AM

51 and father of an 8 year old. Love it to death!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all must hate retirement***

Jan 21, 2020, 10:37 AM

I believe I'll be working awhile to help get him through

Jan 21, 2020, 11:03 AM

college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

43yo dad of 2yo***

Jan 21, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to It happens ]

I think legally employers are required to give you at least

Jan 21, 2020, 7:53 AM

2 weeks paid or unpaid.

No legal requirements in SC, unless you use time off that is

Jan 21, 2020, 10:01 AM

mandated by FMLA (Family medical leave act).

Congratulations!!! I hope it all goes well and everyone

Jan 21, 2020, 8:05 AM

is healthy afterwards. As far as work, it'll work itself out! Take care of the mom and your new addition!!!

There ought to be laws ensuring adequate Parental Leave***

Jan 21, 2020, 8:09 AM

I've got 75 hours of "Family Leave" I can give you

Jan 21, 2020, 8:25 AM

I've never known how to take it, since I don't have a family.

How does a single person take Family Leave? This is an incredibly discriminatory concept. They wave all this leave in your face, yet give you no way to use it.

Tell them your Uncle on your father's side is sick and needs

Jan 21, 2020, 8:27 AM

attention. Then visit him in Cabo for a week and a half.

don't work that way. Child, spouse, parent only

Jan 21, 2020, 8:33 AM

If my brother got sick, couldn't use it. Since I've already buried both parents, this leave can not be used.

They should at least pay me for it, for having the good sense not to get married or knock up hos.

Just be glad you aren’t 100% commish sales

Jan 21, 2020, 8:32 AM

We had a female who got like 2 weeks because her co worker was essentially stealing her leads while she was out and she had to jump back in to be able to actually make money.

Ink talks, BS walks.***

Jan 21, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I could afford to I would take the financial hit...

Jan 21, 2020, 9:00 AM

and stay home to help mama. Don't get me wrong, imo and over all, women are a heck of a lot tougher than men but she is going to be healing from a major hernia. Anyway, you gotta do what you gotta do. I wouldn't fault you whatever your decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be home with pay. Just sucks that they tell me I get this benefit,

Jan 21, 2020, 9:07 AM

And then it’s not really a benefit after I’ve planned to receive the benefit. Oh well.

+1 for assfuckers

Jan 21, 2020, 9:34 AM

nice.

C-section? You know that when that kid leaves the house he

Jan 21, 2020, 9:49 AM

will go out through the window?

Kang grats dood!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I feel that pain.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:34 AM

Since I started at my current company in July, I was not eligible for FMLA (have to be an employee for 12 months). However, out of the kindness of their hearts, the company started a new policy of 2 weeks family leave for all events happening after Jan 1. Since the twins were born Dec 17, I got nothing but the 8 days of PTO I had saved up.

Congrats though, hope everything goes smooth today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, tonight is our last night as a family of 3.

Jan 21, 2020, 11:36 AM

Usually you have a year or so to take it after the birth of the kid.

Take vacation or sick time now and use the family leave time later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds sexist...

Jan 21, 2020, 11:52 AM

Find out how long women get for a c-section.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrats.

Jan 21, 2020, 2:46 PM

life is about to get significantly harder

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic