Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Virginia prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Virginia prediction

Nov 1, 2013, 10:58 AM

Clemson vs. Virginia prediction

Clemson travels to Virginia for what will be the last time until after the 2024 season. Can the Clemson offense get completely back on track? Can the defense stop the big play? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#25 big day creates #2 big day. DBs play well 52-7***

Nov 1, 2013, 11:10 AM

I like this pick^^^^***

Nov 1, 2013, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: #25 big day creates #2 big day. DBs play well 52-7***

Nov 2, 2013, 9:43 PM [ in reply to #25 big day creates #2 big day. DBs play well 52-7*** ]

almost nailed it! GO Tigers!

I think it's gonna be closer than some think.

Nov 1, 2013, 12:14 PM

I'm assuming that recent struggles continue. In the end, we have too much talent and win 37-24 - that's my prediction.

Of course - if we cut out the turnovers and mistakes, and play with a chip on our shoulder, we will win by 4 touchdowns or more. I'd much rather see that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Did Crump give himself an extra point?

Nov 1, 2013, 12:26 PM

Everyone else with one win has 9 points, but he magically has 10 points.

Re: Did Crump give himself an extra point?

Nov 1, 2013, 4:48 PM

Whoever maintains the point list in the prediction tracker doesn't really follow any kind of rules for determining the points. The rules are listed right below the chart, but for the past two years at least they haven't actually used the rules that they list. If the rules were followed as they're listed (assuming you only get 3 points for best pick instead of 3 points for best pick plus 1 for picking the winner), Plyler and Butthead would also have 10 points like Crump (picked winner correctly 7 times plus one best pick, so 7 + 3 = 10), and Hood and Swann would both have 12 (picked correct winner 6 times plus two best picks, for 6 + 6 = 12). There's also a rule missing in the description that should say that you only get the best pick if you pick the correct winner.

David Hood = Pigskin Prophet?

Nov 1, 2013, 12:26 PM

The score predictions consistently fall within several points of one another each week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Tenuta luvs blitzes. Boyd hurt & can't adjust. Start Stoudt?

Nov 1, 2013, 1:18 PM

Strategically, it may be smarter to start Stoudt and rest Boyd's ankle for GT. Boyd is terrible at reading and adjusting to blitzes, and Tenuta is known for constantly blitzing. I'll bet Stoudt can better read and adjust to Tenuta's frequent blitzes better than Boyd.

UVA (though loaded with YOUNG talent) is too lame to hang with Clemson so I think we’d be as likely to win whether Boyd or Stoudt plays. Boyd has no shot at the Heisman and no shot at passing Rivers so the coaches might as well let his ankle heal for the scary GT game— where we’ll actually need him. It would also give Stoudt some experience and confidence for next year— when we may need him to start. Strategically, it seems like a good idea to start Stoudt, but I don’t see it happening, so hopefully Tajh, Mike Williams, et al, can learn to adjust to blitzes.

Ditto

Nov 1, 2013, 2:23 PM

If there is some merit to Spurrier, he will not hesitate to rest or pull a QB. I believe TB should have been pulled for a couple of series against FSU and definitely against Maryland. Dabo, whom I love, would not pull Kyle Parker and put Tajh in the game. What if...

Coaches would say: Stop looking at big pic; Stay inside box

Nov 1, 2013, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Tenuta luvs blitzes. Boyd hurt & can't adjust. Start Stoudt? ]

Dey non comprehendo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Well this one was right on the money

Nov 4, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Tenuta luvs blitzes. Boyd hurt & can't adjust. Start Stoudt? ]

As T Boyd passed Rivers in career touchdowns and Sammy went 96 yards on 3 and long and the hits just keep on coming

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone picked us to beat NC State 63-17?***

Nov 1, 2013, 1:21 PM

I remember that day...

Nov 1, 2013, 3:25 PM

It was a beautiful day. Nice breeze, smell of freshly smoked crack. The punch bowl was filled with orange Kool-aid and it was spiked with grain alcohol. Doesn't get any better than that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I literally LOL'd. Maybe the funniest T-Net comment ever.***

Nov 1, 2013, 3:59 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic