Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson has questions at receiver?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Clemson has questions at receiver?

Aug 1, 2013, 5:48 PM

Clemson has questions at receiver?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well this guy is obviously clueless...

Aug 1, 2013, 5:53 PM

How about actually researching a story before you mail it in, although that might require getting up off your fat a$$...

not necessarily clueless...

Aug 1, 2013, 6:06 PM

He obviously was basing most of his analysis off of stats, but he did know that Peake and Bryant were "national recruits." Frankly, based off stats, they haven't done much and our optimism about them doesn't have a ton of evidence to back it up. On the other hand, I'm pretty confident that Peak and Bryant's talent will show through because they've looked good in camp and the coaches seem confident.

The one guy he missed was Germone Hopper. I believe he was rated as high or higher than both Bryant and Peake were out of HS (at least by Rivals).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe by rivals... Peake was a 5* by one of the services***

Aug 1, 2013, 6:08 PM

Humphries hasn't been terrible and coaches

Aug 2, 2013, 12:06 AM [ in reply to not necessarily clueless... ]

have talked him up so far for the season. He made a few key plays in the bowl last year, too. I don't think we are all that empty behind Sammy. Just need one or two more to step up and prove themselves, and there is a fair pool to pull from.

Re: Humphries hasn't been terrible and coaches

Aug 2, 2013, 10:26 AM

I think that Possesion Receiver is a fairly accurate characterization of Humphries. Don't get me wrong, I love having the kid on the team and there aren't many people that I would rather have on the field for 3rd and 7 but he is a workhorse not a racehorse.

He's apparently basing his opinion on production and not

Aug 1, 2013, 6:13 PM

potential or talent. Yes, aside from Watkins, we don't have anybody returning who has accounted for a lot of TDs or consistently made big plays. In that regard he is 100% correct.

What he is overlooking is the obvious talent we have at WR, and possibly TE, that simply hasn't been realized yet only because of the unbelievable talent that has been ahead of them for the last few years. I doubt he has ever seen Clemson play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

As my roommate and ex-CU wrestler use to say, "potential

Aug 2, 2013, 10:40 AM

means you haven't done spit yet". Well, something like that. ;)

We've been hearing how great lots of players are for years and none of them did jack. Based on proven production, which is all anyone truly has to go off, we do look like we could be weak at WR. But we do have guys with talent and potential waiting to step up. The question is, will they.

And let's be honest, there is no guarantee Sammy will ever be as good as his freshman year suggested he can be. History has proven this repeatedly.

I never get overly excited before any season. These are kids. You simply never know how any team is going to perform until the season is over.

Oh really...well we'll just see about that...

Aug 1, 2013, 6:25 PM

This is downright funny. Hope the WR corp put this in their lockers.

Fact is: WE TOO DEEP

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting T-Net condradiction

Aug 1, 2013, 6:48 PM

As the writer points out, besides Watkins, Clemson has very little production returning at WR and TE. TNET's take: WE TOO DEEP!! and the talent returning will show out no questions asked.

Then, as TNET often points out, UGA has little production returning on the defensive side of the ball. TNET's take: UGA will be awful on defense and Boyd should carve them up no matter what talent the Dawgs have replacing the lost starters.

For the record, I do think the Clemson WRs will turn out to have a fine season, and I also think the UGA defense will surprise some folks around here.

Re: Interesting T-Net condradiction

Aug 1, 2013, 6:55 PM

The difference is, our guys backing have have had game experience.

The players trying to replace the starters for UGA have had very little to no experience.

Maybe they'll be fine down the line as the season goes on. But they're going to struggle immensely against our offense.

Re: Interesting T-Net condradiction

Aug 1, 2013, 9:23 PM

YAHTZEE!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGAs 2013 defense is not like 2012 LSU

Aug 2, 2013, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Interesting T-Net condradiction ]

I'll put my money on the Clemson offense making some serious numbers. My biggest doubt is our secondary against Murray as squad. Some series potential for damage with Mitchell and Bennett in front of Murray.

TE should be a major concern***

Aug 1, 2013, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to disagree with this a little bit....

Aug 1, 2013, 8:20 PM

Yes, Sammy is the biggest producer coming back, but not sure the writer realizes that the passing was pretty spread out amoung the other recievers, so not one of them really stands out looking at stats. Humphreys, Brown, Peake and Bryant were pretty dependable when a pass came their way. They just were not first targets in many throws from Tahj. Post is very misleading...but, that is OK...spot the bll and see what we have.

TE could be a concern, but if the TE is a good blocker, that can be his role.

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson has questions at receiver?

Aug 1, 2013, 8:24 PM

the best 10 CU players in the NFL feature on page was interesting though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 9:31 PM

J. Leggett has turned himself into a beast a 6'6 and 244. He doesn't look like a freshman. He looks like a full grown man at weigh-in. A BEAST WITH HANDS. He should be able to hold his own at blocking as well. WOW!

Jordan legget

Aug 1, 2013, 9:37 PM

This is who I am looking forward to seeing more than the rest of the bunch. This kid is huge and if the coaches are as excited about him I am as well. Spot the dang ball.

If only he could convince all our opponents of this.***

Aug 1, 2013, 10:29 PM

nm

Peake, Tay, G-Hop, Hump... 'nuff said.***

Aug 2, 2013, 12:38 AM

I will enjoy watching Mr. Mike Huguenin be proven wrong.***

Aug 2, 2013, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Only question is, "How fast is too fast?" ***

Aug 2, 2013, 2:27 PM

nm

Aug 2, 2013, 2:41 PM

I wonder if this guy did ANY research. Clemson had one of the deepest WR corps in college football last year. Peake was a 5 star and will have a big year with more passes coming his way. Martavis Bryant is the definition of a home run threat, leading the NCAA with an average of 30.1 yards per reception last year. I'll take my chances with the guys we have behind Sammy over about 100 other schools' 1st stringers.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic