Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 91
| visibility 1

New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett

Jun 6, 2015, 7:01 AM

The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich announced yesterday that the school had parted ways with longtime baseball coach Jack Leggett, and now that the dust has begun to settle Radakovich has surely started the search for Leggett’s replacement. Who are some of the top candidates? (Photo courtesy of CofCSports.com) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett

Jun 6, 2015, 7:14 AM

The way jack was let go. Clemson almost ruined it's baseball team letting this guy run it in the ground year after year. I can't see how anyone would think Clemson did this guy wrong. Jack won't get another big time offer to coach baseball, that should tell you what the baseball world really thinks of jack.

i'm not sure i even know what you're talking about. what do

Jun 6, 2015, 7:38 AM

you consider a big time offer and which of those offers have or will have available positions?

jack's 61, not dead, but most of those programs would look for a longterm answer as clemson will most likely.

clemson's last 3 baseball coaches["hires"] were a football assistant, a unc assistant & the hc at wcu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm not sure i even know what you're talking about. what do

Jun 6, 2015, 7:49 AM

Just a D1 head job. I really don't see anyone going after him. Kinda shows you what the baseball world thinks of him now.

he may not want or need another HC job. we may never know

Jun 6, 2015, 7:54 AM

and all you have to do is read to see what the baseball world thinks of coach leggett.

plenty out there that says you're wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaching is a tight community. Even Satan would get kind

Jun 6, 2015, 1:54 PM

comments if he coached and got fired. And the media will never say negative comments either because they need access and sources. People say great things about Dabo too, but if he were fired tomorrow no school serious about football would hire him. TB has a very solid coaching record but no one serious about football is after him either. And he is very well liked as well. I love when pumpers use strawmen arguments to defend those that fail.

null

we're not talking about tommy bowden or dabo who has

Jun 6, 2015, 2:25 PM

proven you wrong at most every turn then would again if for some silly reason he and clemson parted ways "tomorrow".

we're talking about a coach with 1,300+ wins & an equally impressive resume to the hof coach that hired him.

you can wax that anyway you like, but nice things being said about a good christian man that brought clemson out of the dark ages and those being said about a coach with not only a HOF record, but a hof coaching tree too match, shouldn't remotely equate even in your limited mind.

goodness, that's patently stupid even for you... and that's saying something.

Until a season ago, Faddy claimed Dabo should be fired.

Jun 6, 2015, 2:32 PM

Now he claims he was always a big fan. Dood is a complete joke.

i know, you know, we all know save blue just how wrong he's

Jun 6, 2015, 2:36 PM

been since day 1.

"he's warmed up to dabo"... not in so many words.

i'm sure dabo sleeps better at night knowing that imbecile is in his corner.

Re: Coaching is a tight community. Even Satan would get kind

Jun 8, 2015, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Coaching is a tight community. Even Satan would get kind ]

whered all those failures from usuck end up?

Jun 6, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett ]

Can't imagine you doing better than John Szefc. As a UVA fan I know that Brian O'Conner holds him in very high regard. (don't be sniffing around our Assistants!)

Jun 6, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett ]

Am I a bit off base with this suggestion,but what about Matthew Le Croy?

We should get a prove guy no an assistant.***

Jun 6, 2015, 1:42 PM

null

I guess everyone who has gone on record is lying

Jun 6, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett ]

I've seen tons of quotes from coaches who didn't even work with Leggett say very good things about him. I would be surprised if there are many who think like you that he has no respect in the rest of college baseball. A few, but not many.

And I would be surprised if he lands at a strong D1 school with a baseball legacy. But only because he was planning on retiring anyway in a few years and wouldn't be a candidate like someone younger would be. But he just might end up at an up and coming program to help them build some credibility for 3 or 4 years before finally retiring. The next Dallas Baptist out there. Whichever it may be.

lol people always say nice things and terrible coaches

Jun 6, 2015, 1:47 PM

on the hot set even get glowing reviews from the media. Jack did not build our program, Bill Wilhelm did. Jack's best 3 year stretch was his first 3 years. Nice comments do not equal job offers.

null

Maybe they just disagree with you.

Jun 7, 2015, 12:57 PM

Or do you assume everyone who says things like Sully deep down agree with you? I doubt it.

Jun 6, 2015, 7:16 AM

Better not be someone with USC ties. And that comes from a former player too.

Jun 6, 2015, 7:24 AM

If the search is truly just beginning, then we have more issues than a baseball program that has plateaued.

Jun 6, 2015, 7:29 AM

Does Jack not have better stats than all of theses potentials? Did we not just fire a hall,of fame coach with a winning record?

Apparently CU BB has been run into the ground

Jun 6, 2015, 10:14 AM

We have a good chance of actually seeing what the ground looks like in 5 years.

He built TCU, Jack killed what Wilhelm built. Context.***

Jun 6, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett ]

null

I think Szefc is the best choice from that list. I can see

Jun 6, 2015, 8:35 AM

Why you'd pick Schlossnagle - obviously a bigger body of work - but no one on that list is doing more with less than Szefc. Not even Toman or Lee.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!!

Jun 6, 2015, 9:20 AM

With UF still playing, every day that passes with no announcement makes this picture more clear.
Sully has not been happy with the UF admin nor facilities for a while now.

Re: Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!!

Jun 6, 2015, 9:21 AM

Not happy with the firing either. No chance to get him,imho

Same I heard from those in the know. He had VERY high

Jun 6, 2015, 9:44 AM

Interest in coming back but was clear that he would not if Jack was fired. Although that was 2 weeks ago when I last spoke to them so things change.

Exactly true

Jun 6, 2015, 10:00 AM

This was the one situation where he would not return

Since we are all just speculating....

Jun 6, 2015, 11:28 AM

JL has always been loyal to his coaches & players. If one of his guys is up for the job, he may very well tell him to pursue it than selfishly want the program to go under. His track record speaks for itself, but if someone brings it back to Omaha...I think he'd love for it to be one of his guys. I don't see him telling Sully or Corbin to not pursue, if they call for advice. JL should be in the ROH someday and to have one of his guys leading the program at that time would show just how much impact he had at Clemson.

Re: Since we are all just speculating....

Jun 6, 2015, 11:35 AM

good post.. good points.IMHO jack might talk against Clemson but he might understand that we have had a great program and it should be returned to that top 10 status quickly

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack had options, he got himself fired. There should be no

Jun 6, 2015, 2:17 PM

grudges, but people make bad decisions and burn bridges in the heat of the moment. Jack was put on warning after last season. He had to know DRad was going to demand changes if Jack was to keep his job. Jack made that choice knowing the outcome.

One good sign is his public statement.

I think it boils down to this .... Does Jack still want to coach. Does he feel he has something to prove. If the answer is yes, then the odds are his guys are out. But, there is the alternative. Jack could pull a Ford. Danny didn't go back to Bama, he stayed in Clemson. If either of them deserves to be bitter it's Ford. If Jack decides to retire and stay in Clemson he won't want to see the program crumble and very well might encourage his guys to talk to DRad.

null

Bill Wilhelm goes in long before Jack***

Jun 6, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Since we are all just speculating.... ]

null

he's already in genius.***

Jun 6, 2015, 2:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: he's already in genius.***

Jun 6, 2015, 2:08 PM

why let facts get in the way of some of these goobers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually Googled it and pulld up a PDF that listed the

Jun 6, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to he's already in genius.*** ]

members before I posted, but he was not listed. So I did not post foolishly, but cowards like you love ANY reason to be big bad men at the keyboard. Like when people make typos. Your mother would be proud, such an honorable man.

null

Re: I actually Googled it and pulld up a PDF that listed the

Jun 6, 2015, 2:26 PM

He was inducted in 2013. If you know so much about Clemson baseball you would have known it and not needed to Google it. And since when is "my google source didn't list" somehow an excuse for being stone cold wrong. You just got completely busted on a straight up simple fact and yet you still refuse to admit your mistake. I thought you were all about accountability?

He knows nothing about Clemson. His life is an utter charade

Jun 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

Something is not right upstairs with that Faddy fella.

Such a big man. So perfect. I guess you never make

Jun 6, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I actually Googled it and pulld up a PDF that listed the ]

silly mistakes. You're missing the opportunity of a lifetime. You should call CNN and tell them how perfect you are.

I'm a CU alum, but I don't eat drink breathe Clemson sports 24/7. I have a life. Pardon me for not knowing Wilhelm was already in the ROH. My god, how can I ever look in the mirror again.

Sad bitter people like you make TNET such a joy.

null

are you kidding? you invoke the man's name yet you don't

Jun 6, 2015, 2:48 PM

know he's been inducted?

you're dead wrong while attempting to come off as if you know, then attack viz after he shows you just how wrong you are?

you're embarrassed, which isn't much of a trick, so you attack; you're special, no doubt about it.

lol I'm not embarrassed. I made an honest mistake it happens

Jun 6, 2015, 3:04 PM

my self worth and opinion of myself is not shaped by Tard-net nor the tools that post on here. A guy who constantly attacks me, even over typos, pounced all over me. So yea, he's a ###### bag and sad little person. That's my opinion. You're pretty much a ###### too IMO. But that's just my opinion.

null

you made an idiotic mistake while trying to wax intelligent

Jun 6, 2015, 3:12 PM

about a program & man whose name you have invoked.

it's obvious you embarrassed yourself and your continued struggle only galvanizes it.

I'm not struggling and I freely admitted I made an honest

Jun 6, 2015, 3:32 PM

mistake. I'm not the one making a big deal out of it and I was right. Wilhelm deserves to be in the ROH and he is. I actually thought Wilhelm was but knowing how petty and small many on TNET are I decided to Google it just to be sure. I clicked on an official Clemson PDF that didn't have Wilhelm listed. I should have looked for a date, but it wasn't that important. It was an honest mistake. It only matters to idiots like you that need a reason to belittle other Clemson people that don't fit your warped standards. I'm not the one looking stupid here. But I'm red meat for the Tard-net mafia, which is a sad little group. It is what it is. I've proven you little worms do not intimate me. Belittle and attack me all you want. It seems to be important to some of you.

null

no one belittles you, but you. there are people that will

Jun 6, 2015, 3:42 PM

gladly point it out for you; honestly, it's not hard to do.

all of it, every last bit, is on you. there's no one else to blame, no way to deflect; you've earned it all.

congratulations; now police those tears..

Re: no one belittles you, but you. there are people that will

Jun 6, 2015, 3:56 PM

Lee just singed a 7 year deal last year. Would love to see him but don't think we will. I like the Louisiana laffyette coach. Robichaux

And how many times have you been run out of town on a rail?

Jun 6, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to I'm not struggling and I freely admitted I made an honest ]

Yeah - it's not you, it's everybody else. How long do you think you'll last this time?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: lol I'm not embarrassed. I made an honest mistake it happens

Jun 6, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to lol I'm not embarrassed. I made an honest mistake it happens ]

So you're the dish out can't take it type. Should I attempt to add up how many comments of mine, not counting ones Responding to you, you found the need to reply to and always with an insulting tone just in the last 24 hours? And please - since it's one of the many reasons I'm a "something bag and a sad little person", find me a single incidence where I've ever corrected grammar on Tigernet.

Whatever you want sport, it's your keyboard, but you started

Jun 6, 2015, 3:40 PM

attacking and insulting me first over truly petty things. So seems to me you are the dish it out but can't take it one.

null

Yep - you nailed it. Not only is he the "dish it out/can't

Jun 6, 2015, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: lol I'm not embarrassed. I made an honest mistake it happens ]

take it" kind, he's the "start an argument, turn it ugly/call names, get proven wrong, the DENY all of it, then cry about it and call some more names" kind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

then you should go to a fishing, cooking, or rocket science

Jun 6, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Such a big man. So perfect. I guess you never make ]

board, or something you actually know something about, so you can commiserate and share your wisdom and intelligence with your peers.

If you weren't aware that Wilhelm hasn't been bestowed the utimate honors at Clemson, you really, really don't follow Clemson at all. You should lurk, not post. Why comment when you are admittedly uneducated on the program?

lol I actually thought he was and went to confirm it but he

Jun 6, 2015, 3:37 PM

wasn't on the official PDF Clemson published about the ROH.

I love people that think they decide who is and isn't a worthy fan or worthy to post on TNET.

null

oh,I've seen your kind come and go 1000 times over the years

Jun 6, 2015, 4:16 PM

guns a-blazing, and the only viewpoint that matters. Too myopic to realize what a caricature that you have become.

You're done on here - nobody on here will ever take you or your opinion seriously. And you have nobody to blame but your own attitude.

You'll be gone and forgotten in a few months, just like the ones before you.

Until you create yet another user name.

LOL. Classic. If that clown was half as smart as he pretends

Jun 6, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to he's already in genius.*** ]

to be, then he might be able to count to 20 without making several mistakes along he way.

Re: LOL. Classic. If that clown was half as smart as he pretends

Jun 6, 2015, 2:29 PM

The Google gave him a bad answer so its not his fault, Please understand. Lol.

welcome back, stanley. your buddy, blue, was giving

Jun 6, 2015, 2:31 PM [ in reply to LOL. Classic. If that clown was half as smart as he pretends ]

you some love the other day and had no idea it was you.

i see you two are getting reacquainted; have at it, this should be good as always.

You don't know that and the fact is Jack could have saved

Jun 6, 2015, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Exactly true ]

his job. Getting fired was his choice. DRad gave him options.

null

Alwyas funny when Faddy says,, "you don't know that" "and

Jun 6, 2015, 2:16 PM

"fact" in the same post. Do you ever post anything but coot-lovin speculation?

DRad gave Leggett Sophie's choice

Jun 6, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to You don't know that and the fact is Jack could have saved ]

Fire everyone on your staff or we will do it for you. In so many words.

And dozens of coaches face that every year. It's part of the

Jun 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

job. Jesus Christ you folks are like little girls. These guys make big bucks. Their main priority is to win games. They know this when they decide to go into coaching. If Jack coached at any other school you Kool Aid drinking pumpers would laugh at them for hanging onto a coach that can't get it done. But because it's Clemson he gets to go out on his own terms even if it means running the program into the dirt. He knew things had to get better. They didn't. He was given options. He refused. He deserved to be fired. It should have happened sooner and he was given far more opportunities than most folks in their jobs.

null

Re: And dozens of coaches face that every year. It's part of the

Jun 6, 2015, 2:33 PM

hey, guess what, he is gone. seems everyone knows that except you. good lord man we get it, you dont like jack.

I have nothing against the man. He served Clemson well. And

Jun 6, 2015, 2:45 PM

until 2006 I was happy with him as our coach. BUT Jack's coaching style was a big part of our collapse in 2006 and we/he never really recovered. Then we puked all over ourselves in 2010 and the program rally started dropping.

Yes, he's gone, but there are people that don't get it and those are the one's I'm addressing.

null

who doesn't get it? seriously...

Jun 6, 2015, 2:52 PM

who does not get that JL is gone or that his tenure is over?

Re: And dozens of coaches face that every year. It's part of the

Jun 6, 2015, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: And dozens of coaches face that every year. It's part of the ]

time to forget about this Jack bashing! he is gone; time to wish him well and move on to our next coach!

I agree and just like with TB these folks think the ground

Jun 6, 2015, 3:56 PM

Jack walks on is sacred. Soon as Dabo was hired they through TB under the bus. I don't have anything against Dabo, TB, Jack, Barker, or anyone else that has represented Clemson. Only in the twisted minds of many on TNET does disagreeing with how someone does their job equal hating that person. I have never bashed Dabo, TB, nor Jack. Have I questioned their coaching, absolutely, but never bashed them personally.

I actually thought Wilhelm was in the ROH. Knowing how many on TNET love any opportunity to bash I decided to Google it to confirm. The 2nd link was an official PDF from the 2013 football media guide. Wilhelm wasn't listed so I assumed I was incorrect because frankly he should have been admitted to the ring a long time ago. I made an honest mistake. Only on TNET is that a mortal sin. God forbid I didn't know Wilhelm was admitted in 2013. The horror!!

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/28500/pdf/athletics/ring_of_honor_bios.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28500

null

These guys understand it's a business and CU > UF!!***

Jun 6, 2015, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!! ]

null

Jun 6, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!! ]

My feeling exactly! Sully's wife being from Clemson makes him top candidate!!!!! Besides in 45 years of watching coaching changes all over...coaches don't think about not replacing a coach because they are friends. And I am tired of hearing how sad it was Jack got fired...he forced DRads hand...get over it. We know the true story!

Jun 6, 2015, 10:58 AM

I just wrote a post re:Sully wife being a factor lol.

Didn't he say he thought Clemson handled it badly?

Jun 6, 2015, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!! ]

I can't find the quote. It may have been on a pay site like D1 Baseball or TI, but I saw tweets that O'Sullivan said he thought it was handled badly and it was a sad day. Doesn't sound like somebody who wants their name in a hat to me.

People say things in the heat of the moment and later see

Jun 6, 2015, 2:52 PM

things very differently. At that time he probably didn't know DRad gave Jack options. The reality is many people will say it was handled badly regardless of how it's handled. They think Jack should stay as long as he wants regardless of performance on the field. You can't please everyone.

null

Re: People say things in the heat of the moment and later see

Jun 6, 2015, 4:39 PM

U are correct on every point!and no no one can please everybody.. and those that think Jack should stay for another 10 years of downhill results will not change!

Tigergirl

Jun 6, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Not O'Sullivan? Not so fast . . . . just wait and see!! ]

You often have some spot on comments but you are missing with this one. Sully is NOT coming. Yes, his wife did want back in the area and yes he would have taken it if Jack retired. This is all my opinion.

THIS is what he has been quote publicly with: “It’s shocking,” O’Sullivan said. “He spent 24 years of his life there, 22 as the head coach. He’s synonymous with Clemson baseball. It’s a sad day. I’m surprised, to be honest with you. I don’t even know what to say. I feel terrible for him, I feel terrible for the players, I feel terrible for the assistants. It’s a surreal, weird feeling.”

Re: Tigergirl

Jun 6, 2015, 2:38 PM

His wife does want back in the area, and I'm sure if he calls Jack or vice versa Jack will give "his blessing" for Sully to come home.

Do you honestly think if we offered him enough money, with the incoming facilities, for a chance for his wife and kids to be closer to family he's gonna say no because Jack basically chose to be fired?

I honestly think he will say, "He!! No"!***

Jun 6, 2015, 3:17 PM

Many people said the exact same thing and no where in there

Jun 6, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Tigergirl ]

did he say he would not coach Clemson. And never ever under estimate a wife's ability to get what they want. Plus it's a better job and these guys all know it's a business. Jack may even support him getting the job. You have no clue.

null

Jun 6, 2015, 9:30 AM

No idea what Corbin's interest is in the job but I know he's contacting our recruits. We better hire someone soon.

Only logical. Lot of coaches will be*****

Jun 6, 2015, 10:01 AM

If there is no announcement by mid week, it's pretty obvious

Jun 6, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Search Begins: Possible replacements for Jack Leggett ]

we have a coach who's still coaching on the hook. This would rule out Monte Lee, who seemed like the obvious choice to me, and means we are waiting on O'Sullivan/Corbin/Schlossnagle/Szefc/McMullan. Honestly, O'Sullivan and Corbin probably are long shots; both have good, big-time gigs as it is, are successful where they are, and may shy away from Clemson due to their connections to Leggett. That means either Lee will be announced by mid week, or we're waiting on Schlossnagle, Szefc, or McMullan.

Pure speculation . . . thoughts?

- H. L. Mencken

Re: If there is no announcement by mid week, it's pretty obvious

Jun 6, 2015, 11:13 AM

Corbin is happy. Sully is not. DRad has to make him say no. Twice. I think for Sully to consider, a phone call will have to be made to Jack. Without his blessing, Sully doesn't even consider. Their loyalty is that deep. Get past that and anything is likely. Sully's wife is from Clemson and will have a say. Imo he stays in Gainesville and gets a significant raise along with promise of facilities.

Exiled is right, Sully leverages Clemson to get UF to pay

Jun 6, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to If there is no announcement by mid week, it's pretty obvious ]

for facilities and other things. Probably can't change the culture down there, but I bet he stays.

Szefc is way underpaid. DRad could double his salary and have money left over for recruits.

Re: If there is no announcement by mid week, it's pretty obvious

Jun 6, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to If there is no announcement by mid week, it's pretty obvious ]

Szefc would have the most reason to leave. Outside of Toman at Liberty he's the only guy who would have it better in every conceivable way. Even WVU has a brand new stadium. People really don't grasp that the NCAA and college presidents are pushing to put baseball on the college basketball growth curve. The power 5 schools are capturing all the revenue in football and NCAA basketball is a cash cow but it's growth is going to be relatively slow from here. Making money on baseball is essential for the atheletic future of a lot of these small colleges and they are betting heavily on it.

Great point(s). If Lee is not at the top of DRad's list (as

Jun 6, 2015, 1:50 PM

Hood's article indicates), after reading your post, I agree that Szefc is the most likely choice. It makes sense.

- H. L. Mencken

It will be someone we don't expect. Kind of like Dabo was. I

Jun 6, 2015, 9:43 AM

think we need to keep an eye on a guy named Kal Sorensen.

Notice '117 is a distance away from this

Jun 6, 2015, 9:50 AM

Probably eating his breakfast egg off of his face..

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17326873

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

If O'Sullivan doesn't want it my money is on Lee

Jun 6, 2015, 10:53 AM

I think he would be a good hire. Yes, he is/was a coot, but coaching is a profession, and Clemson is a destination job, not a stepping stone. He would gladly put on the Orange and Purple.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If O'Sullivan doesn't want it my money is on Lee

Jun 6, 2015, 11:29 AM

agree!!BUT, BUT , DRad sure needs to have a good honest heart-to-heart talk with him to be SURE that all that crooked c$$t blood has been cleaned out!!this is no small matter to us Tigers

Um, wasn't Radakovich Asst AD at SCar for a while?

Jun 6, 2015, 11:35 AM

If some of us see it a problem for Lee it should be a huge on for him too to me. I think whoever is currently paying the salary is the place anyone's allegiance goes to. Who wants to be fired because they are a closet fan of another place?

Re: Um, wasn't Radakovich Asst AD at SCar for a while?

Jun 6, 2015, 12:20 PM

More importantly DRads main project at SCar was Colonial Life Arena possibilty the biggest f*ck up in a long history of f*ck ups at that schools.

Jun 6, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to If O'Sullivan doesn't want it my money is on Lee ]

Todays article however specifically states that Lee is not a top pick for D Rad

Jun 6, 2015, 1:54 PM

Yes it does. But of course Lee wouldn't be at the top of the list. A more proven, established coach would be at the top of anybody's list (OSullivan, Corbin, Schloss). But those guys will be a hard draw, and then you're left with your "second tier" guys. Of those, I think Lee is the best fit for Clemson.

Personally, I would like OSullivan to come back. But if not, I know for a fact that Lee would be ecstatic to get the call.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there are a few bigger jobs that guys would jump at

Jun 6, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to If O'Sullivan doesn't want it my money is on Lee ]

even if at Clemson .... USC (the real USC), LSU, Miami, Texas, FSU, and maybe a few others.

Jim Morris left GT to go to Miami and most outsiders would likely put the GT program on par with Clemson.

null

Jun 6, 2015, 1:29 PM

Search over had guy committed before firing, no doubt. my thought

Jun 6, 2015, 2:20 PM

Didn't get "He has hit a homerun with this hire."?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kevin McMullan

Jun 6, 2015, 9:27 PM

His bio is very impressive though I didn't read the others. My only question is why hasn't he gotten a head coaching job already. He's been responsible for recruiting, hitting, infield defense, & catching. He'd need to find an excellent pitching coach & someone to handle the outfielders. VA's record on defense has been outstanding during his time there. I've always thought that defense & top notch pitching were our biggest problems - even in Coach Wilhelm's time. We played SLOPPY baseball. When we got to Omaha, we were found "not ready for Prime Time". When we were good, we'd crush a fastball pitcher but were hopeless vs a control/junk pitcher like Roth at SC. We took too many good pitches, swung at bad ones & generally didn't play smart baseball. I noticed how clean NC St played when Tanner was there & felt he would do very well at SC. They were lucky to get him. Their fans wanted to fire him until he started to win big. Someone like Tanner would be good. His teams didn't beat themselves. I haven't seen the recent teams much but did notice that we were in free-fall. Our games have not been on TV here recently. We used to be on in Hotlanta all the time. When Coach Wilhelm retired, he named his own successor. No Mas. This time we need a real search. No more T-Ball. Talk to this guy.
Kevin McMullan - Virginia's recruiting coordinator and hitting coach and works defensively with the Cavaliers' infielders and catchers. He is known as one of the top recruiters and developers of players in the country.
In a November 2012 poll of 70 Division I head coaches by Baseball America, McMullan was named the top assistant coach in college baseball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte***

Jun 6, 2015, 11:00 PM

Jun 8, 2015, 2:11 PM

For the record Randy Mazey coached at Charleston Southern, not College of Charleston.

Replies: 91
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic