Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CDC gets 100% blame in my book
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 640

CDC gets 100% blame in my book

Sep 23, 2020, 1:03 PM

Preventing pandemics is their entire reason for existence.

What have they been doing for the past decade? Swamp creature stuff? Paid for nothing ... It’s like firefighters waiting around at the firehouse, and when the alarm goes off, they turn it off and go back to sleep.

Drain the effin Swamp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have guidelines out for Halloween thank God:

Sep 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html#halloween

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Fauci just called Rand Paul a liar and repeat offender

Sep 23, 2020, 1:06 PM

for his Covid comments.

That was as angry as I have seen Dr. Fauci.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid:

Sep 23, 2020, 1:10 PM

We have collectively lost our ability to accept truth we disagree with.

Re: I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid:

Sep 23, 2020, 1:16 PM

We need to just give up and stop trying. I wear a mask and wash my hands often. Too many others think it's a hoax and will not do the same. It's not even worth the effort to get the nation on board anymore.

Sad but true***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:22 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid: ]

User Logo
Carlsbad®
Ring of Honor [38693]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Sep 23, 2020 1:16 PM

We need to just give up and stop trying. I wear a mask and wash my hands often. Too many others think it's a hoax and will not do the same. It's not even worth the effort to get the nation on board anymore.

YOU WEAR YOUR LITTLE MASK AND WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN YET YOU STILL GOT IT. I SPENT 65 YEARS DEVELOPING A HELLUVA IMMUNE SYSTEM AND I CHOOSE NOT TO BREAK IT DOWN. CAN NOT EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I HAD A COLD. KNOCK ON WOOD. GERMS ARE PART OF LIFE AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME. THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a free country, we CAN go maskless.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:50 PM

The question of if we SHOULD is clouded.

It’s a free country, we should be able to go PANTSLESS.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:10 PM

Similar logic can be applied to this infringement of personal rights.

Freedom to go pantsless common sense not to.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:55 PM

Freedom to not wear a mask, common sense to wear one if you’re in a space where there is a potential for transmission.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to It’s a free country, we CAN go maskless. ]

Sep 23, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to It’s a free country, we CAN go maskless. ]

Sep 23, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to It’s a free country, we CAN go maskless. ]

I hope this is a joke***

Sep 23, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid: ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid: ]

DUDE DO YOU NOT WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the "truth" has changed like 10,000 times, by scientists,

Sep 23, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid: ]

since this thing started.

some of it I can understand.
Some of it is inexcusable imo.

When the scientists dont know whats going on or what to do, how do you expect the public?
It also raises suspicions amongst the public

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Answers change as more data is collected.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:35 PM

It’s been a terrible year, with many bad and many good decisions made by leaders. In hindsight, I just believe Americans have never been united in our efforts. It is partially due to leadership, partially because of the dynamic situation, but partly because we are so ideologically and politically divided that we refuse to change as the guidance changes. No trust or mercy.

It's like political battle lines were drawn from

Sep 23, 2020, 1:38 PM

Day 1 of the entire situation. That's a setup for failure.

its b/c off info and reporting on this has been political

Sep 23, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Answers change as more data is collected. ]

when you change the "science" and change the goal posts constantly, I don't blame people one bit.

Especially when their entire lives are being destroyed by orders that make no sense, are contradictory, and favorable to certain sectors, while destroying the little person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump has admitted that he is lying about Covid and has been

Sep 23, 2020, 1:56 PM

since January. He told Bob Woodward that thinking it made him look smart.

History will be unsparing.

Its even worse when they purposely lie

Sep 23, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to the "truth" has changed like 10,000 times, by scientists, ]

March: No reason to wear a mask whatsoever

July: Everyone should be wearing masks!

Now either they didn't know differently, or they lied on purpose, supposedly to save PPE for hospitals.

Which was it?

Partially because of no data on asymptomatic transmission.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:04 PM

“CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).” February 2020

April 3, 2020-present
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fprevent-getting-sick%2Fcloth-face-cover.html

Once the data pointed towards masks as a mitigation strategy, the direction changed. Not sure they lied, fairly sure they didn’t know.

I was told in here that it was because they didn't want

Sep 23, 2020, 10:28 PM

people to use up the PPE that hospitals need.

Which was it?

I would be worried if the guidance DIDN'T change...

Sep 23, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to the "truth" has changed like 10,000 times, by scientists, ]

the virus is less than 1 year old and started in a relatively closed bubble of China. How in the world would you expect the data not to change on something so wide spread and something so new.

Your statement just makes no sense to me.

Hasn't changed one bit for me.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to the "truth" has changed like 10,000 times, by scientists, ]

But when you can pick out the lies way ahead of time it helps. Known some for 10+ years. Knowing history helps too. Haven't really been surprised by much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not "collectively" we haven't.***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to I agree with Fauci about why we haven’t controlled Covid: ]

Perhaps, but the level of sheepdom is high

Sep 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

As is groupthink and propaganda driven hubris.

So what did Dr. Fauci actually say?

Sep 23, 2020, 1:44 PM

That didn't sound like a quote from him.

I do not find Trump guiltless in the CDC's demands that...

Sep 23, 2020, 1:13 PM

Dr Helen Chu quit testing after she identified the virus and notified the CDC by phonecalls and emails for weeks.

It is one of the two major issues which I lay at Trump's feet because he has authority over Redfield, Fauci and any other federal bureau. If Biden's campaign had any sense they would point that out, the 'science,' they profess to serve did not serve the best interest of the American people.

Trump also may have been able to save some New Englanders by shutting down travel from EU when he did china. I'm not claiming any number because only a political hack would try to assess the unassessable. I'm a hack and a fool but not that foolish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love that when you criticize Trump you generally sound

Sep 23, 2020, 4:05 PM

like you were asked in a job interview to describe an area you need to work on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that makes sense***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:17 PM

I feel like worrying about "blame"

Sep 23, 2020, 1:18 PM

for a situation like this is best done in the future. Maybe a couple years down the line, have a commission to study it. The best thing we can do, while we are in it, is do the next right thing, and worry about spilled milk later.

Re: CDC gets 100% blame in my book

Sep 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

clemchem® said:

Preventing pandemics is their entire reason for existence.

What have they been doing for the past decade? Swamp creature stuff? Paid for nothing ... It’s like firefighters waiting around at the firehouse, and when the alarm goes off, they turn it off and go back to sleep.

Drain the effin Swamp

Once, again, your book is wrong.

TheRump admin told Redfield to soft-pedal the CDC response early. (Although TheRump told Bob Woodward, in his own words as recorded, that the coronavirus would be BAD; and then he went on FoxFakeNews -- FFN -- and told y'all he had it under control.)
Meanwhile, other smart countries stockpiled N-95 masks, respirators, PPP, and ramped-up testing and contact tracing. While TheRump kept repeating on FFN that it would be nothing to worry about, and nothing should be closed-down.
Then, TheRump has continued to oppose masks, closings, etc, to protect people. While campaigning without a mask as a poor example, while attendees caught the virus and died.

TheRump is directly responsible for at least 30,000 early deaths of mostly FFN watchers.
Your denial of the facts is very sad.

Absolutely!

Sep 23, 2020, 2:42 PM

In fact, I wonder what could have caused this oversigh--

Oh.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/24/trump-cuts-undermine-coronavirus-containment-cdc-watchdog-report

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 33
| visibility 640
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic