Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Long season still. Some positive take aways moving forward
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,190

Long season still. Some positive take aways moving forward

Aug 30, 2014, 11:33 PM

1. Deshaun Watson is the real deal. What he did in his first appearance in college football was incredible. He looks so comfortable already. Never seen this with a true freshman.

2. Cole Stoudt actually played better than I thought he would We have to remember, his FIRST start at a hostile place. He runs well, his size helps him with those inside runs. HOWEVER, he does not run the read option well. He's not threat to run it outside but was Tajh Boyd?

3. Our defense played really well for most of the game. They were gassed at the end. But this is the BEST running team we'll see all year. Hutson Mason did nothing. Never took longer than 3 seconds to throw. Good game plan by the Dawgs.

4. Our secondary is strong.

5. The coots will lose to UGA. UGA will be favored in that game and to win the East.

6. Our offense needs to improve but this was a very difficult test on the road. Not sure who to blame for the 2nd half but we HAVE to get our playmakers the ball. TEs anyone?

7. Charone Peak will get better. MIke Williams looks close to being great. Scott looks fantastic. Not sure why he's not playing.

8. FSU looks beatable.

Long season boys....long season still.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Long season still. Some positive take aways moving forward

Aug 30, 2014, 11:35 PM

Thank you! Voice of reason. Not sure why Georgia is getting no credit here for being really good. Especially their line and RBs. Specifically, freakin Gurley.

TE's: 2 catchs, 2 yds - wth?***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:56 PM

Aug 30, 2014, 11:38 PM

georgia looks like the best offense we will see all year, and the best backfield in the history of the sport. I am not convinced their D was all that spectacular.

Special teams bit us big time, and our Oline laid an egg in the second half.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 11:44 PM

Glad we don't have to play Nick Chubbs. That guy looks better than Gurley. Yikes! We need to land Feaster.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 30, 2014, 11:49 PM

I was thinking the same earlier.

I think we will be a very dangerous team by years end though, definitely a work in progress.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well stated!***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Scott And Kitt Could Be Deadly....If They Can Get The Ball***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:48 PM

Re: Scott And Kitt Could Be Deadly....If They Can Get The Ball***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:01 AM

I would just like to see them get in the game, because I think they are good

And we all pretty much agreed, that if we have to lose one,

Aug 30, 2014, 11:51 PM

this was it. No moral victory, mind you, this one sucked a big green donkey dong. Still, almost everything is still on the table outside of an undefeated season and possibly a NC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 30, 2014, 11:55 PM

When will Clemson have all the pieces in place? Seems like all I hear is how bright the future looks? When will the future become the now? Another season of being mediocre is NOT acceptable. I have become sick and tired of hearing about how good Clemson "will be one day". FSU, Bama, Auburn win championships or are in contention year in year out. What is the disconnect here?

Everything is on the table still.***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:57 PM

I thought Gallman Jr. looked good too.***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:58 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic