Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney: "We all live and die with this one all year long"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney: "We all live and die with this one all year long"

Nov 25, 2014, 12:16 PM

Swinney: "We all live and die with this one all year long"

Swinney at his Tuesday press conference talks the health of Deshaun Watson, South Carolina's streak against Clemson and Steve Spurrier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions

Nov 25, 2014, 12:24 PM

after losing "this one"

I mean what?

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I endorse this post.

Nov 25, 2014, 12:25 PM

signed,

CC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: I endorse this post.

Nov 25, 2014, 7:33 PM

CC must be a coot, or just really stupid. Oh, there I go again being redundant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't from around here are ye, son?***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:03 PM

GET OUT OF HERE YOU BIG COOT!!!!!***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one"

Nov 25, 2014, 12:29 PM

last year?

Yes or No

SHUT IT YOU BIG COOT!!!***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Cootish dodge of a simple question is cootish***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 PM

WILL YOU JUST GO BACK TO FGF YOU BIG COOT!!***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:36 PM

What you trying to say, son?***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:38 PM

oh.... i think it's obvious you

Nov 25, 2014, 12:39 PM

CC lover

What's obvious is that you can't answer a yes/no questions***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:40 PM

are you asking me a question?

Nov 25, 2014, 12:41 PM

coot

Are you dense? You seem dense

Nov 25, 2014, 12:42 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16347080

i already answered that moran

Nov 25, 2014, 12:42 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16347172

So you have that short cut into your typing as "yes" then?

Nov 25, 2014, 12:45 PM

must save time and cause confusion simultaneously.

Nice

it's flame breathers like you that come on here constantly

Nov 25, 2014, 12:47 PM

calling for Dabo to be fired, Chad to be fired, Batson to be fired, and the RAG banned...

what gives?

you mad?

Link?***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:47 PM

juan of y'all dropped this***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:52 PM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Is that a satchel?***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:52 PM

Re: Is that a satchel?***

Nov 25, 2014, 7:47 PM

well it ain't no man-purse

Re: Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one"

Nov 25, 2014, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

No he got an extension after back to back 11 win seasons an Orange Bowl win & top 10 finish.
You on the other hand have done nothing but run your mouth while stuffing your face with twinkies & laying on your couch.

pigs of laying?

Nov 25, 2014, 2:50 PM

asking for a friend.

Hmmmm, I was simply making a simple point about the

Nov 25, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

way Dabo phrased what he said.

Also didn't twinkies go extinct? It's made my couch laying much more boring I must assure you

how do you know he eats twinkies?***

Nov 25, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

I don't have blinds for my windows yet

Nov 25, 2014, 2:51 PM

been spending too much time looking for soap dispensers

Nov 25, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

and this 1966Tiger agrees with you 1965

Nov 25, 2014, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

So well played! Now, spurlid does play a lot of golf over there in cola, though, so if they do badly in a game, he may have a legitimate source on whom to put the blame. I have to give him some kudos, in that he is a very good field tactician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Did he not get a contract extension after losing "this one" ]

He did, and it was well deserved. So he hasn't done that well against spurlid. So what? Lots of coaches you probably think are great have lost to him. He doesn't have to adhere to the standards that Dabo has to meet, and his players don't have to be able to spell rat. Very different down there, and I am very glad we are who we are, and they are who they aren't.

Well said Dugatiger.***

Nov 25, 2014, 8:49 PM

Well said, Tiger5***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:09 PM

day crew has the arrived?***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to GET OUT OF HERE YOU BIG COOT!!!!!*** ]

As if we needed any more proof***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to GET OUT OF HERE YOU BIG COOT!!!!!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

quick

Nov 25, 2014, 12:32 PM

RA this coot

Re: GET OUT OF HERE YOU BIG COOT!!!!!***

Nov 25, 2014, 7:34 PM [ in reply to GET OUT OF HERE YOU BIG COOT!!!!!*** ]

Indeed, he must be!

Oh yes! He must be!***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:10 PM

Re: Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions

Nov 25, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

I can't believe that you would sit there and say that about a man that does nothing but try his hardest and has done everything he can to get Clemson back into a national spotlight. He recruits and coaches with class and that's more than you can say about YOUR coach down in Columbia. Not to mention he's a good Christian man who does the right thing and is a good role model for our players.

If you can't see now that we're better off now than we were under Bowden, I can't help you. You need to go to FGF!

cood have just said coot

Nov 25, 2014, 12:35 PM

but yes

Nov 25, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

So well said! +1

^^^lol @ this guy***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:08 PM

best post all year***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 25, 2014, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

I can hardly believe you could post what you just posted, if you are any sort of Clemson fan. Please rethink your position. I hate to think we have fans that would say something like that. If you are a coot, then that;s okay. They are expected to be stupid.

Nov 25, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

Very interesting. I see from your "profile" that you proclaim to be an alumnus of Clemson. You don't seem to have much energy for supporting all the positives we have accomplished under Dabo's tutelage (and there have been so many), but you seem more enthralled by the one real accomplishment of spurlid, and that is beating his rival. Seems like that is all that matters in cola (and to you), and I would guess so, as that has been an elusive accomplishment over their history. Maybe a perspective should be discovered here. I had rather have Dabo's accomplishments (and they are numerous) rather than spurlid's hollow (while at usuc, not the stellar record he had a UF) war chest. How many BCS bowls has he been to at usuc, and how many has he won? Crickets! If you are an alumnus of Clemson, why not starting to act like it. You seem to be a master at acting like a coot. Why not trying to act like a Tiger?

I'm trying to understand your post

Nov 25, 2014, 8:04 PM

I have to be honest.... it's not making much sense...

Where did he not support the positives?

did he lie?

How is he enthralled by Spurrier? Link?

Spurrier with a "hollow" war chest? Did you really just type that? Surely you don't believe it.

How, exactly, does an "alumnus" of Clemson act, and how is that different from 2012?

thanks

Re: I'm trying to understand your post

Nov 25, 2014, 8:23 PM

That doesn't even deserve a reply, so I won't, other than referring to all those secheat titles that are definite proof of his accomplishment as the HC for the coots (I did see one banner hanging by their ACC Champ poster from an eon ago). Even all his "SECheat least" titles ( although I do tihnk he has 1 of those when they were (and still are) at their weakest point in the history of the conference) with players who make a great salary and drive very nice cars and whose parents live in very nice homes (suddenly). Please just go on back over to fgf from whence you came. They will not notice the difference. We do.

I see... so I'm a coot now

Nov 25, 2014, 8:27 PM

typical and not surprising

Re: I see... so I'm a coot now

Nov 26, 2014, 7:57 AM

You seem to act like one. If you aren't, then don't act that way. It's not very becoming.

So you think Spurrier is overrated as a coach? You do

Nov 25, 2014, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm trying to understand your post ]

realize they've beaten us five straight, right?

I guess now you'll tell me to go back to FGF.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you stoopid coot... How dumb does it sound to say

Nov 25, 2014, 8:37 PM

"Dabo has done great things" ( he has btw)

but them turn right around and say the guy that beat him 5 straight hasn't done anything.

Is that an indictment of Clemson? Sounds like it

Re: you stoopid coot... How dumb does it sound to say

Nov 25, 2014, 8:44 PM

Who the hell are you talking to??

I thought it was obvious by my post that

Nov 25, 2014, 8:45 PM

I was talking to you

but I could be wrong

stupid coot

Laughing so hard at york, im crying

Nov 25, 2014, 9:00 PM

Love this guy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm trying to understand your post

Nov 25, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to I'm trying to understand your post ]

Also, I do agree that trying to understand my post would seem difficult to you. You seem like a "person" who might need a little help with interpretation. (Please don't blame me. You have brought this on yourself.)

Keep crying***

Nov 25, 2014, 8:28 PM

Re: Keep crying***

Nov 26, 2014, 7:55 AM

I am laughing at you. There are no tears here.

Wait hold on, very serious question

Nov 25, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Except those of us that get 8 year contract extensions ]

If I worked for you, and underperformed 5 years in a row, would you be more than willing to give me a substantial raise? Then brag about getting one by de facto trying to pretend to be one of the "common folk" trying to identify with us?

I'm expecting a yes or no answer, if you deign to respond at all. Anything other than a yes or no means you're a coot and will be treated as one

Re: Wait hold on, very serious question

Nov 26, 2014, 8:23 AM

To your specific question the answer would be no. If, however, you think Dabo has "under performed" for 5 years just because he lost a few games to the coots, while ignoring all we have accomplished otherwise, I would say you may want to find another job. You would be a guy who couldn't see the forest for the trees. Do you think Lou Holtz accomplished nothing, even though over a 10 year period we beat them 9 times? That would be a no, too. Failing to see where we are now vs. when Dabo took over is one more huge oversight. Now, I would also say that spurlid has done a very good job by taking them to the success they have had. He gets to operate under a different set of standards, and he gets the benefit of being in a conference that gets enormous hype thereby benefiting even the lowly end of their group.

where has ANYONE failing to see where Dabo has taken us?

Nov 26, 2014, 9:08 AM

link to that please

Re: where has ANYONE failing to see where Dabo has taken us?

Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM

Maybe I misunderstood your meaning when you pointed out that Dabo had received a nice contract extension and a raise, even though he has only beaten the coots 1 time and not in the last 5 years. I point out that, even though he has not fared well against spurlid, he has taken us pretty far. If you want to pick a fight with somebody on here, that's fine, but to imply that Dabo has not accomplished much because spurrier has won the last 5 games is not very fair to him, nor to his players. I do see the need to improve against the coots, but I do recognize the accomplishments, too.

I'll ask again.. provide me a link to where I said that

Nov 26, 2014, 9:33 AM

Dabo had not accomplished much...

i'll take anything you got at this point

Re: I'll ask again.. provide me a link to where I said that

Nov 26, 2014, 11:10 AM

Original post wasn't directed to you. I must have assigned to the wrong guy. It was aimed at the guy above (I believe he is CUTiger2012) who made the comment about Dabo getting the contract extension. Apologies!

Thank you, I accept your apology

Nov 26, 2014, 11:17 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

you have a link to where he said Dabo hadn't done anything?***

Nov 26, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll ask again.. provide me a link to where I said that ]

Sad that it takes 5 years in a row for you to start acting

Nov 25, 2014, 12:34 PM

like you care Dabo. I bet you would be madder than a wet hen if you were the coach at precious ol' Bammer and had done lose to Auburn 5 years in a row. Check that, you wouldn't have let it happen. Now if you truly love Clemson as much as you say you do, it's time to put up or shut up as far as this game is concerned.

To think that Dabo &team didn't care before now

Nov 25, 2014, 1:01 PM

Is certifiably insane. To write it is doubly so.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: To think that Dabo &team didn't care before now

Nov 25, 2014, 1:11 PM

Frankly, I have a hard time believing he cares much about this game AS of now, given the past 5 years, much less BEFORE now.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Re: To think that Dabo &team didn't care before now

Nov 25, 2014, 1:38 PM

He wants to win it BAD and so does the team. Go Tigers!

If you think Dabo took this game as serious as he should

Nov 25, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to To think that Dabo &team didn't care before now ]

have when he first got the job full time, I got some beach front property in Arizona for you to look at.

Re: If you think Dabo took this game as serious as he should

Nov 25, 2014, 2:18 PM

> have when he first got the job full time, I got some
> beach front property in Arizona for you to look at.

Thanx a lot! Now i have that song stuck in my head!

Re: Sad that it takes 5 years in a row for you to start acting

Nov 25, 2014, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Sad that it takes 5 years in a row for you to start acting ]

> like you care Dabo. I bet you would be madder than a
> wet hen if you were the coach at precious ol' Bammer
> and had done lose to Auburn 5 years in a row. Check
> that, you wouldn't have let it happen. Now if you
> truly love Clemson as much as you say you do, it's
> time to put up or shut up as far as this game is
> concerned.

Well he's not actually out there in the field. He cant exactly help that the players the last 5 yrs have acted like the football is a hot potato & turned it over 5 times as much as they've recovered or forced turnovers. Dabo is a pretty decent coach, granted he has pissed me off to no end about the "Stoudt is #1!" crap. But other than that he has really turned the university in to a stellar college with some elite ball players. I will always be grateful to him for what he has done for the Clemson tigers.

Re: Sad that it takes 5 years in a row for you to start acting

Nov 25, 2014, 6:55 PM

Been reading these posts for 3 days. Coot readers are laughing that we so scared! Come on guys we still got tradition and we will kick their ###. Last year is dead & gone.

What are the odds Spurrier beats of 23 more in a row?

Nov 25, 2014, 12:58 PM

23 more in a row would make the series even from what I've read on T-Net. Can Spurrier coach that long? I certainly hope not ...

Data says CU fielded better recruits but SCAR out-coached CU

Nov 25, 2014, 3:06 PM

Re-posting but to your point...

The data indicates that at least from 2010-2013, Clemson has fielded slightly better 2-deep talent based on rankings from the recruiting services (see links), but Spurrier used slightly inferior player-talent to give Clemson 5-straight butt-whuppings (not close defeats) where for the most part, they've physically dominated. One can debate the accuracy of the recruiting rankings for any given player, but if you consider the data in aggregate, and consider the extent of the butt-whuppings, it’s apparent that SCAR’s coaching (player development, game-planning, & execution) has been far superior to Clemson's coaching.

2010: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/6/14/2214467/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-south-carolina-2010
20011: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/11/22/2579508/2011-clemson-vs-scar-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis
2012: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/11/21/3666906/south-carolina-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison
2013: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/11/27/5147108/2013-clemson-scar-depth-chart-analysis

Those 2-deep analyses started in 2010, but I’d imagine in 2009 (with Spiller, Ford, et al) Clemson also fielded superior recruited-talent.

Hopefully Clemson's player-talent advantage has increased enough to compensate for SCar's coaching-talent advantage.

Go Tigers!

If you are saying we were out-coached for the past 5 years,

Nov 25, 2014, 8:21 PM

a lot of people would agree.

I wasn't just saying it. I was proving it (with data). :-)***

Nov 26, 2014, 2:31 AM

Re: Tigers are just soft

Nov 25, 2014, 9:10 PM

I never thought I would ever think that about a Clemson team but the evidence is too much. From the coaching staff to the players this "soft" mindset, play calling, blocking, tackling, running, catching and focus is just too much. Every time the Tigers play the "chickens" you can just see a scared look on everyone's face. The fear of getting out coached is rampant through out the staff. The offensive line gets schooled every time. The receivers get pushed around like nobody's business. The running backs are tentative and the defense has been suckered every time. The "lamecocks" just have confidence that they will drop 30+ points on the Tigers. Not until this "soft" attitude, this "scared" belief is defeated then and only then will the Tigers be victors in this be all end all game of the year.

Re: Tigers are just soft

Nov 26, 2014, 8:32 AM

The offensive line has been getting schooled ever since DF left, but we still have beaten them plenty of times. The tide will turn. They do have distinct advantages over us, though. They get the benefit of being in a football conference. We don't. They get the $$$ that goes along with that, and we don't. They have much lower standards than we do. spurrier has no real commitment to the players he signs. We do. They don't seem to have much real interest in graduating their players nor anything but minimum academic expectations for them. We do. Lots of differences, yet we seem to be doing pretty well by most standards. I hope we do win on Saturday. Who knows? I wouldn't trade with them, though.

i've said it over and over... JUST WIN, JUST BEAT THE #####.***

Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 PM

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic