Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats on a great season.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,150

Congrats on a great season.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:48 AM

I know it is extremely frustrating to come so close and still not win it all. (FSU as of today still has the greatest dynasty run in the history of college football - 14 consecutive years in the top 4 in the country. During those 14 years we won exactly 2 nattys. So for 12 years we were tantalizing close only to lose. Once, extremely painful, was beating our hated rival in the final game of the season only to see them given a rematch against us in the Sugar Bowl, which we lost.)

But, don't let the disappointment of that loss to LSU talk into looking at the season as anything less than a great season.

LSU is a great team. They played a great game. Clemson just came up against them on the wrong night. I am convinced that if Clemson, Ohio State and LSU played a round robin, playing 6 games - 3 against each team, they would probably all end up 3-3.

14-1, 29-1. That is nothing short of outstanding! Don't lose sight of that accomplishment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on a great season.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:52 AM

Thank you! Any time a team makes it to the national championship game it is quite an accomplishment.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well said, Bret!***

Jan 15, 2020, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm a little different than a lot of Tiger fans but

Jan 15, 2020, 8:12 AM

the only time a loss really bothers me is if we lose to USuC (should never, ever lose to them), lay a total egg (i.e. 2012 Orange Bowl vs West Virginia) or lose to an inferior, lessor talented opponent. Thus the reason the Tommy Bowden years were enough to make me chew tin foil.

Don't get me wrong, I hate losing but by and large any CFP playoff game will be against opponents with equal or better talent so losing one of those games doesn't really bother me near as much. Also knowing that we are very likely to be in contention to make the playoff's for the foreseeable future helps ease the sting of a loss as well...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only loss that bothers me is...

Jan 15, 2020, 8:51 AM

any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most of us are at peace with the loss

Jan 15, 2020, 8:49 AM

It was kind of a rebuilding year given the D players that were drafted by NFL last year. We were pleasantly surprised how it turned out this year. The future looks bright for us with the talent coming back plus the recruiting class coming in.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't come that close. ***

Jan 15, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic