Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Defense...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Clemson Defense...

Nov 19, 2012, 2:53 PM

Down 24-13... Our Defense did make 7 consecutive stops that partnered in our 42 point run to get up 55-24. That is significant. Creating turnovers played a part in three of those stops. Three stops were on downs and one was a missed FG.

NC State had 17 possessions and we had 18 but two of ours ended the halves.

We scored on 10 of 15 legit poss. (& likely would have scored on 11 of 16 with more clock at the end) and they scored on 7.
We had 102 plays to their 88.

That's a lot of football.
Not sure my point, other than that is a lot of possessions to stop a team and still give up 48 points. And of course 4 one play possessions was part of that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

while our defense didn't play good.......

Nov 19, 2012, 3:00 PM

they played better than 48 points

our offense and special teams gave them 14 points

if we play like that vs SCar we're in for a long night........b/c we're not scoring 50+ pts on them

Exactly, people see 48 points and think it was a terrible

Nov 19, 2012, 3:19 PM

display of defense. However, like the OP said, we had 7 straight drives without an NC St. score. Held them on 4th and short a couple of times, which is something people have been complaining about for a while.

People see a lot of points and a lot of yards, but there were two plays with busted coverage that led to 100+ yards, they had a lot of drives for one game (we scored 62 points), and they also had decent starting field position for most of the game.

Not saying it was a great defensive performance, but the numbers are slightly skewed for this game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uhhh, 48 IS terrible, and so is the 500 yards we gave up.***

Nov 19, 2012, 3:25 PM

yes it's terrible, but considering our O and ST gave them 14

Nov 19, 2012, 3:31 PM

it's not as bad as what an "outsider" who didn't pay attention/watch the game would make it out to be.

yes the YARDS are bad.........very bad

but we were up 55-24 (our d "in control from a scoring standpoint) until the kickoff return and the INT which sparked life back into them.

all that being said......if our defense plays ANYTHING close to that vs SCar we're gonna get humiliated yet again for a 4th straight year

I don't see us stopping shaw honestly

Re: uhhh, 48 IS terrible, and so is the 500 yards we gave up.***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:27 PM [ in reply to uhhh, 48 IS terrible, and so is the 500 yards we gave up.*** ]

597 yds!!!!and their "sorry" rushing attack had one guy go over 100!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. And you're right, can't play like that vs. SC.

Nov 19, 2012, 3:53 PM [ in reply to while our defense didn't play good....... ]

I don't think Shaw can throw the ball like Glennon, but we can't allow Ace Sanders and whomever else have 200 return yards. CAN NOT give great field position to SC. If we do, we'll get killed for the 4th year in a row. Boyd has to play smart. They will get to him, but he's got to keep his cool and let the plays come to him. In other words, can't throw a pick so deep in our end of the field.

Re: Clemson Defense...

Nov 19, 2012, 3:23 PM

We did not play well early due to the big plays. I suspect though, that the QB from State deserves a lot of credit...his accuracy was unreal...we had guys in his face, hitting him. chasing him. etc all night & he just kept making plays. I think we witnessed a performance we will not see again this year. Our guys were in pretty decent position most of the time....just down right good plays on their part. I look for something better this week.

Re: Clemson Defense...

Nov 19, 2012, 3:28 PM

5 plays cost our defense 35 points. 3 big plays in the passing game, a long kick return, and an interception deep in our own territory. For 85 plays our defense gave up 13 points. They ran 88 offensive plays and 2 of the plays that I just mentioned were not defensive plays.

I'll add 14 points were from our team getting...wait for it

Nov 19, 2012, 3:56 PM

a little Cocky. Tajh's INT and ST coverage was horrible. There was still too much time with a guy like Glennon being on target.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic