Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler: “I See A Great Opportunity!”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Sep 16, 2010, 12:21 PM

Saturday night’s game in Auburn should be looked at as an opportunity…a great opportunity. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fun blog. 3-0 for just the 6th time since 1960? I'm shocked***

Sep 16, 2010, 1:10 PM

The first victory at Auburn in 105 years

Sep 16, 2010, 1:14 PM

I'm glad I will be there to see it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey....

Sep 16, 2010, 2:02 PM

...there's some incorrect information here. Auburn has owned us historically, and you have the all time record correct. I posted back in the summer, that out of the 14 teams we have played 30 times or more, we have the highest winning percentage against Presbyterian, and the lowest against Auburn, and how ironic it was that we had both of those teams on the schedule simultaneously, when we have not played them in the regular season in forever. This needs to be corrected:

"Clemson is just 11-33-2 against Auburn including a 2-21 mark in Auburn. Clemson has lost 13 in a row to Auburn and has not beaten Auburn since 1951. Clemson has not won at Auburn since 1905. But I don’t want to win for history. I want to win for this team and this program. I want this team to be able to put their mark on this program. I want to accelerate the building of this program."

1902: Clemson 16 Auburn 0 @ Auburn
1905: Clemson 6 Auburn 0 @ Auburn
1928 Clemson 6 Auburn 0 @ Auburn
1950: Clemson 41 Auburn 0 @ Auburn**

**Auburn's worst home loss ever, was a 42-0 loss to Tennessee. Auburn's second worst home loss ever, was a 41-0 loss to Clemson, in 1950.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/clemson/opponents_records.php?teamid=220

You are correct

Sep 16, 2010, 3:53 PM

Partly my fault. The Clemson press guide on page 131 this year lists Clemson's record as 2-21 at Auburn. I saw where Clemson won there in 1902 and 1905 and stopped. Clemson also won in 1928 and 1950 so they have won four games in Auburn. You are correct. Thanks. I have since pointed this out to the SID office.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler: “I See A Great Opportunity!”

Sep 16, 2010, 2:19 PM

Remember that Tech game well, unfortunately. It was Bill Spiers' (Clemson short-stop/walk-on punter) first official punt as I recall deep in their own EZ just in front of "the hill". Needless to say, it wasn't pretty to witness from a Clemson perspective. Thankfully, Treadwell's clutch kick one week later made the pain of the Tech loss seem very distant.

Re: Mickey Plyler: “I See A Great Opportunity!”

Sep 16, 2010, 4:47 PM

MP is correct. It is a great opportunity and I believe the c. tigers will approach it in a way that gives them a chance to leave with a win. Auburn is beatable Saturday, may not be down the road, but now they are. The one thing Clemson does not need is to be beat by not competing. It is kinda like going to a bowl game, great to be there, but you have to win it to appreciate the opportunity.

I agree, and I don't put much stock in all time records

Sep 16, 2010, 4:50 PM

against teams you don't play on a regular basis.

We play SCU year in and year out, and we own them.

We play UGA and Auburn and a few others only once in a while, which doesn't lead to any consistent data.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This game will determine the rest of our season.***

Sep 16, 2010, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Short sighted look at season***

Sep 16, 2010, 5:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This game will determine the rest of our season.***

Sep 17, 2010, 7:07 AM [ in reply to This game will determine the rest of our season.*** ]

Really? Is this Herb Kirkstreit? I don't mean to be rude, but that view is very narrow-minded. I hope it's just emotions coming forth in preparation for a big Saturday. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson at UGa 86'. My 2nd road trip to a game as a student

Sep 16, 2010, 5:58 PM

ONE of my all time favorite memories as a Clemson student. I remember there was about 14 of us piled into a "Vista Cruiser" station wagon. The thing over heated on the way back from Athens. We still made it back to Clemson for the 12:01 party. Hope I can pop a bottle of champagne this Saturday night!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well put Mickey! BTW......

Sep 17, 2010, 7:13 AM

Auburn is one of the few schools to whom UGA has a losing record. This is no fly by night program. I believe they can be beaten. If the Tigers execute well, play at the top of their game and still lose, then hold your head up high and prepare for Miami! I think we can score on Auburn, my main concern is stopping the run. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic