Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, one thing we know after "The Match" yesterday. Phil
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,733

Well, one thing we know after "The Match" yesterday. Phil

Nov 28, 2020, 8:04 AM

Mickelson is some kind of golf whisperer. Somehow, he got the "hitch" out of Sir Charles Barkely's swing, where even professional coaches had failed miserably. As an avid, although regrettably no longer good, golfer. I feel so good for Charles now. He was once a mid-70's player before that mental block hit him, and ruined his swing. If there's hope for him, there's hope for any of us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, one thing we know after "The Match" yesterday. Phil

Nov 28, 2020, 8:18 AM

I guess you didn’t hear Phil’s comment about his elixir for his nerves. Alcohol will take care of most yips. I guess he thought he was whispering that and not on camera and mic’d up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May be, but what Sir Charles had was WAY beyond a Yip.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:46 AM

I don't think a boatload of bourbon could have gotten rid of that. It was so deeply ingrained that Hank Haney, one of Tiger's old coaches, could not successfully rid him of it, even after a whole TV season's worth of lessons. So, Kudoes to Mickelson, whatever method he used.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss golf...

Nov 28, 2020, 8:50 AM

absolutely love playing it but have no access in Bogota.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What in the world are you doing in Bogota? That's in like a

Nov 28, 2020, 8:55 AM

whole 'nother COUNTRY!

What I as amazed about is all that Michelson is thinking

Nov 28, 2020, 8:59 AM

I am a low to scratch handicap golfer. Ok, I do certain things and think thru situations.
However, when listening to Phil verbalize everything is him talking calculus and me basic algebra.
My head is full with the algebra and it already gets in the way of good swings sometimes. Phil adds so much more.
It was great listening to him coach and also discuss what he was trying to do. Impressive.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,733
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic