Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DeMarkus Bowman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

DeMarkus Bowman

Sep 7, 2020, 1:49 PM

What's going on with him? Seems he's 6th string at best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: DeMarkus Bowman

Sep 7, 2020, 1:58 PM

OR, what’s going on with the first thru fifth string players?. Sounds like a lot of talent that will keep everyone working hard for PT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 3:25 PM

Dabo has been the same with new players from day 1, Bowman will have to earn his place in the rotation, and just bc he was a 5 star HS player, he is a 0 star starting out in coach Swinney's offense!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 1:58 PM

Coaching staff always gives older guys more opportunity. It gets annoying but it is what it is. If he wants to play he’ll have to earn it on the field during games. Etienne had 0 carries against Auburn his freshman year after being clearly one of the better backs throughout fall camp

Sep 7, 2020, 2:08 PM

A) I’ll bet he’s a monster
B) If he busts off a couple 30-40 yd runs he’ll play more
C) Our Coaching Staff places a premium on RB’s executing their blocking assignments in pass protection
D) Any RB that misses his blocking assignment in pass protection, comes off the field. Seen it for years.

Sep 8, 2020, 5:40 AM

C is a great point. He was a late arrival so he’s definitely behind the curve in pass protection assignments. He’ll get playing time and will be a star sooner than later but still gotta pay his dues.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it is what it is with Elliott...

Sep 7, 2020, 2:06 PM

We get the results, so it all works out fine as far as wins are concerned.

Chez Mellusi was a 4 star stud, he looks very good when given the opportunities but he is still behind a walk-on, Rencher. There is no way Bowman sees the field in any meaningful way this year. Heck, even Etienne had minimal carries during his freshman year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, it is what it is with Elliott...

Sep 7, 2020, 2:18 PM

I understand the Rencher situation, but these younger guys (and there are a bunch) need to get touches. Rencher was a good fill-in but is frankly not needed as much as building the future. We have 2 GREAT backs and more GREAT backs waiting in the wings. What's the upside of playing Rencher much ?

Sep 7, 2020, 2:44 PM

I loved tony as a player and I do as a coach. To me he gives up on the run a little too quickly if we dont bust a couple right away. Then he becomes very pass happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What??? The most prolific offense in the country....

Sep 8, 2020, 5:19 AM

...and you think the OC has issues with how much he runs and passes???

I vote you as OC......NOT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Well, it is what it is with Elliott... ]

Rancher is a mercy killing if you will...He’s been prepping his life for outside of football his entire time at Clemson.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 7, 2020, 2:07 PM

Sep 7, 2020, 2:14 PM

ETN will have a great chance to be the leagues MVP for the third consecutive year in 2020. Never happened before and I think that Elliot et al will allow Travis the chance to set this unbelievable record. Amazing fear with TL 16 in the same backfield.

Sep 7, 2020, 2:15 PM

Feat . ETN has no fear!

Sep 7, 2020, 2:41 PM

NICE TO HAVE EMBARASSMENT OF RICHES!!!

Bowman did not report to Clemson until the summer

Sep 7, 2020, 2:44 PM

So my guess is that Bowman still has a lot of the playbook and other things to learn before he jumps over some of the more experienced backs on the roster. Trust our coaches - they have proven they know what they are doing and will do the right things to set Bowman up for success when he finally gets his chance to shine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 2:51 PM

I’d guess he’ll be used as a return man and work his way into the rotation.

We too deep, it would appear***

Sep 7, 2020, 2:53 PM

Sep 7, 2020, 2:57 PM

My guess is this:

His place on the depth chart is based on what he does without the ball in his hand.

Most freshmen running backs have playing time determined by quickly they pick up pass protection, including finding the guy blitzing, and how well they execute their blocks.

"Protect my quarterback!"

Just a guess on my part.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:20 PM

probably a good "guess". Most have been the team star arent called upon to block that much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 3:20 PM

I remember when Etienne started out as 4th string behind CJ Fuller, Adam Choice, and Tavien Feaster. Then he just kept making plays when his name was called. The RB room is deep this year and a Bowman just got to campus. He’ll be just fine.

Sep 7, 2020, 5:31 PM

I don’t know what you’re hearing but he must be doing pretty well. They already named the field in front of Tillman Hall after him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 6:03 PM

Some of you won't remember it this way but Elliott held back ETN his freshman year because he didn't do fundamentals (outside of running the ball) very well at all.

We are very deep at RB, Bowman has so much to learn and Elliott is going to make him earn each and every step up the totem pole. You only get one shot to build a foundation under freshman players.

I think it was Dabo that said Bowman is already a great "scrimmage" back. That's code for "he's flashy and explosive but makes a lot of mistakes". Dabo said a few months ago the offense Bowman played in HS was nothing like our offense and there would be a big learning curve for him.

There should be enough blowouts for Bowman to get on the field and break a couple of big runs during the season like ETN did his 1st year.

Coach Dabo's last interview, he indicated

Sep 8, 2020, 5:46 AM

He was learning but has hit a wall. I think he said both new running backs had. I am guessing they will break through that wall soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 6:28 AM

Not much..other than he will leave Clemson a top 3rb in school history if he stays focussed. He is just a frosh.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic