Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News media SNUBBBBBB!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

News media SNUBBBBBB!!!!

Nov 28, 2016, 7:44 AM

Is anyone noticing the sports media snubbbb of Clemson....ESPN & ESPNU.... And others often don't mention our team near as much as big 10 or SEC teams nor do they mention Deshaun Watson for Heisman very often......Is this a snub of a conservative school that doesn't have designated cry areas? I'm tired of observing the phenomenon in politics...it needs to stop when related to college sports!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!!

Nov 28, 2016, 7:47 AM

Comments help the cause:)

Very few want to face the truth but yes.

Nov 28, 2016, 7:49 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20552804#20552804

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 7:50 AM

>Is this a snub of a conservative school
> that doesn't have designated cry areas? I'm tired of
> observing the phenomenon in politics...it needs to
> stop when related to college sports!!!!!

Well, you could start by not injecting your politics into it.
Maybe avoid portraying the University as an entity that promotes your political lean while you're at it.

Nov 28, 2016, 7:55 AM

Please explain to me the logic then...in the deficit incurred to Clemson Sports with the news media...

Well it has nothing to do with your political leanings...

Nov 28, 2016, 5:47 PM

We've always been snubbed by the national media. Mainly because we are the football school in a town that is very small in the middle of nowhere in a rural state. They don't get us (and that has nothing to do with political leanings), and that's fine. It makes it all the better when we succeed and prove them wrong. Also, we played a role in the weakening of the SEC. This happened just as ESPN and Fox sign huge contracts with the SEC. So we have hurt there bottom line as it has turned out they overpaid for SEC broadcasting rights.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!! ]

Hilarious!!

Well we sure as hell ain't Berkley...***

Dec 10, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Furthermore try finding our game with the Coots

Nov 28, 2016, 7:50 AM

prominently mentioned on their NCAA Football page. You won't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Furthermore try finding our game with the Coots

Nov 28, 2016, 7:58 AM

that happens though when you play lower tier competition. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Furthermore try finding our game with the Coots

Nov 28, 2016, 10:48 AM

Yup! Agreed!!

Nov 28, 2016, 7:51 AM

Huh??? Please don't bring politics into this type of conversation.

The reason for the lack of mention is that there is a general consensus that Clemson's in and there isn't much left to discuss beyond that. Other conferences are a hot mess and that's why they are being talked about so much.

Give it a rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they never seem to get tired of hyping Bama though.***

Nov 28, 2016, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 28, 2016, 8:05 AM

I tend to agree that the current snub is due to the big 10 playoff not including OSU. The media is trying to gen up a story that will play off people's emotions (at least PSU and Wisc fans) and, thus, generate more media buzz. The same way the media attacked Trump every day prior to the election.

However, do not make the mistake of thinking sports is not a place for politics. Most of the people we listen to on radio or watch on TV try hard not to reveal themselves as bleeding heart liberals, but most are. The liberal BS promoted by ESPN is ridiculous.

It would not surprise me if there a exec somewhere in ABC or ESPN that doesn't like Swinney's faith and thinks Clemson is nothing more than a bunch of uneducated rednecks in a "red" state.

They are PAID & Delivered Talking Heads..

Nov 28, 2016, 8:23 AM

Who are also Bias!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Dabo is the only head coach who claims to be a Christian...

Nov 28, 2016, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!! ]

And explain the media's love of Notre Dame a Christian school.

Anybody that doesn't think politics is in sports is

Dec 10, 2016, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!! ]

naive.

Re: Anybody that doesn't think politics is in sports is

Dec 10, 2016, 11:51 PM

Very true, but imho not in play here. It is about ESPN and the money making machine. They very much influence the CFP rankings. For example having Michigan and OSU facing off as #2 vs #3 generated millions more in revenue because millions tuned in. Why? Because there are millions more followers of those two schools between say the Pittsburgh market and the Chicago market than there are Clemson fans between say Charlotte and Atlanta. Also not to mention the Michigan and OSU fans outside of their home market. Also a disadvantage for Clemson. Alabama is geographically similar to the Clemson market, but they are like a Notre Dame or Southern Cal. Millions have heard of them and will tune into their games. So the snubbing is more about ESPN wallet fattening than anything else.

Re: Anybody that doesn't think politics is in sports is

Dec 10, 2016, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Anybody that doesn't think politics is in sports is ]

Very true, but imho not in play here. It is about ESPN and the money making machine. They very much influence the CFP rankings. For example having Michigan and OSU facing off as #2 vs #3 generated millions more in revenue because millions tuned in. Why? Because there are millions more followers of those two schools between say the Pittsburgh market and the Chicago market than there are Clemson fans between say Charlotte and Atlanta. Also not to mention the Michigan and OSU fans outside of their home market. Also a disadvantage for Clemson. Alabama is geographically similar to the Clemson market, but they are like a Notre Dame or Southern Cal. Millions have heard of them and will tune into their games. So the snubbing is more about ESPN wallet fattening than anything else.

"Designated cry room?" - wouldn't that be TigerNet. Folks ...

Nov 28, 2016, 8:44 AM

sure are sensitive on this site and bi+ch and whine about others who bi+ch and whine.

Not to mention self righteous and sanctimonious. Some depict every other team's coach and players as evil despicable, puppy haters. All things Clemson are pure as a fresh snow.

Stop acting like a little brother. Clemson is legit - the big Dog. We don't need constant affirmation of that FACT.

Re: "Designated cry room?" - wouldn't that be TigerNet. Folks ...

Nov 29, 2016, 8:00 AM

Colin Cowherd....hmmmmmm!!!!!

Nov 28, 2016, 5:21 PM

The snub continues...coaches discussed on evening shows don't include Dabo. Much better to be humble and let the team results speak for themselves. Aaaand For the Heisman it's amazing how someone that plays full games ...runs up his stats and loses his last two is still the leader.....Deshaun stay humble and keep her going:)

Nov 28, 2016, 10:38 PM

> The snub continues...

My goodness you whine a lot.

As your faction says, do you need a "safe space" before your "snowflake" melts?

The team's fine. Win well on Saturday, and Clemson is good.

Nov 29, 2016, 11:32 AM

Seems it bothers you more than I:)

Nov 28, 2016, 5:40 PM

Watching ESPNU COLLEGE FOOTBALL LIVE.....nothing but how great OHIO STATE is and how they match up with Alabama....I can't wait...

Clemson really isn't a conservative school anymore...

Nov 28, 2016, 5:40 PM

10-15 years ago, yes. But with the demographic change in the student population Clemson has moved to the middle

situated in the reddest county in nearly the reddest state

Nov 28, 2016, 6:15 PM

the "progressive" media don't like our kind too much.

Unless we get accused of doing something racist. They sure do hop right on that.

Re: situated in the reddest county in nearly the reddest state

Nov 29, 2016, 12:48 AM

Colin Cowherd is a proud conservative and he just called Clemson a fraud that should have three or four losses....just don't see where you guys are trying to go with this.

Re: situated in the reddest county in nearly the reddest state

Dec 3, 2016, 7:05 PM [ in reply to situated in the reddest county in nearly the reddest state ]

You may not have noticed but after the votes were counted for the POTUS election, we don't look so red anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson really isn't a conservative school anymore...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Clemson really isn't a conservative school anymore... ]

You continually saying it doesn't make it so.

I took this as more a reflection of our crappy rival

Nov 28, 2016, 5:51 PM

than a snub of Clemson. We crushed a bad team and cemented our spot as long as beat VT. Not much to say when comparing the Big10 madness.
What I have heard is analysts say we are rolling at the eight time and pose the boggest threat to Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 29, 2016, 12:41 AM

Fox sports panel of their little " college football playoff" didn't watch more than 5 minutes of it.
Why? all Big Ten discussions and the fact that their main anchor stated that " Clemson avoids the upset bug in Death Valley" What???? This guy hasn't been watching football, hasn't been watching the methodical play and development of this team. These media guys from Fox can run their mouth, just like SEC guys can. However, it's seems the ACC leads in offense ( again ) this year VS the SEC. As Far as Cowherd, He's just one that picks up the latest game and gives a team a quick once over, so you can put him in the ignorant crowd also. I wish these guys would watch these games, before putting their bias, AL, SEC, OSU, OK, ETC. rules in everything they say. They might would have some credibility some day, but now's the day, nor will the bid to the playoff's be. They will be underdog again. But who knows How far these Tigers can go this year.

Nov 29, 2016, 1:34 AM

Spot on!

ESPN is absolutely ignoring Clemson because it's in a conservative-leaning area. ESPN is really making it too blatant by snubbing Clemson, while focusing on teams in the liberal paradises of Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Ohio, and Michigan.

Nov 29, 2016, 11:38 AM

You think Tuscaloosa , Alabama is a liberal paradise ? Every single state you name in calling out the liberals went to the republican candidate in the recent POTUS election .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 29, 2016, 8:01 AM

Very true statement

Nov 29, 2016, 11:35 AM

What ? Have you any kids going to Clemson currently ? I do . I've met about a half a dozen of them and they are all very left ...not saying you're out of touch but calling Clemson (at least the student and faculty ) conservative might be a miss .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 29, 2016, 11:36 AM

It's all RIGGED!!! Media is plotting against us all...

Nov 29, 2016, 11:48 AM

They only mention us when they absolutely have to or when they have an opportunity to knock us. If things are rolling for us almost no mention and the mention is how team-X is terrible or how Heisman Candidate-L had such a lead that with 3 garbage performances in a row is too much for the Real Deal Watson to make up with an additional 4th huge game in a row.

I am also sick of hearing how a two B1G schools who are not in the running for the B1G Championship are so much better than the rest of the country, not named Bama. If OSU or Meechigan was so darn good wouldn't at least one of them have a shot at winning the B1G this year? "Let's put 3 B1G teams in this year." They know they are full of it.

Colorado had Meechigan on the ropes in Anabor before Colorado's QB went out. OSU has lost one and been fortunate as heck to not lose 3 more. Hanging OSU's hat on beating OU, like Clemson hasn't curb-stomped OU two seasons in a row. Again, OSU has only beat OU, in conveniencing fashion, all season, the rest of their schedule is nothing/B1G hype!

Nov 29, 2016, 1:18 PM

Those big ten teams will show their true colors soon".....we just bide our time with a chance...gotta get by Va. Tech first.

Nov 29, 2016, 1:23 PM

Aaannd now media hits us with racial slur mess...very sad.....it's so obvious what they do....looks like CNN on roids...
We are all one red, yellow, black, and white.....trying to start that mess at Clemson is very sad.....it's a great place for all....

Nov 30, 2016, 11:37 PM

News media & politics n college football stinks...Charlotte to Orlando..POLITICS

Dec 3, 2016, 7:12 PM

They snubbed Trump this year too. How'd that work out for em

Dec 3, 2016, 7:22 PM

Are you comparing Clemson University toTrump?

Dec 3, 2016, 7:35 PM

I'm just saying the bias against him, worked out pretty good for him

Re: News media SNUBBBBBB!!!! CBS..CBS

Dec 3, 2016, 6:19 PM

# CBS
EVEN TRYING TO FIGURE CEMSON OUT OF PLAYOFFS IF WE WIN...THATS AN IF THOUGH.....
NEVER SEEN BIAS LIE THIS BEFORE
HOW BOUT FIGURING OHIO STATE OUT OR WASHINGTON

Dec 3, 2016, 7:20 PM

This is the one time of year you don't want them mentioning you.......they are debating which team will be left out.

the announcersof our game last week

Dec 3, 2016, 7:36 PM

Talked non stop about OSU the second half.

We need to stomp VPI in a major way. They don't want us in cause they're scared

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: the announcersof our game last week

Dec 4, 2016, 5:31 PM

We need to stomp OHIO
STATE...gor overrated big 10

Dec 6, 2016, 2:35 PM

How bout ole Jason Fitz on ESPN ...with his rant on Clemson social network folks...I think he is very sad person..

#2 in the Nation

Dec 6, 2016, 2:47 PM

And playing in the Fiesta Bowl. You can SNUBBBB it all you want to but you can't change it!

Dec 10, 2016, 10:23 AM

I now present you with the Cover of Sports Illustrated ...titled!!!!
WHY THE BUCKEYES CAN WIN IT,,,,
I'm biting my tongue
What y'all think???

Dec 10, 2016, 12:18 PM

I think it is called sports journalism. OSU can win it all. So can Clemson. So can Bama. Not so sure about Washington, but if someone wrote a column showing what would need to happen for UW to be national champs, I would not take it as an affront against Clemson or try to bring politics in it.

Chill with the victim mentality. It's not a good look.

Dec 10, 2016, 11:33 PM

U chill....I'm tired of seeing news media BS...it's quite obvious it hurt DESHAUN.....THE HEISMAN has quickly become
Flash and who puts up the most yards....Deshaun & Dabo aren't selfish and don't run scores up as Louisville did. Deshaun had done enough...no more talking to media folks that shun your performance....Let's go team show the college footfall world we are CLEMSON....

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic