Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think NCAA owes Clemson an apology for drug testing stance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I think NCAA owes Clemson an apology for drug testing stance

Nov 25, 2019, 3:51 PM

Apparently, there is clear and ongoing proof of contamination associated with legal supplements and many of the facts we pointed out to the NCAA in defense of our student-athletes who were banned for minute traces of Ostarine would seem to validate our position that our athletes were wrongfully accused and punished.

"Since the UFC partnered with USADA and launched its year-round drug-testing program in 2015, a significant percentage of the cases involving failed drug tests have ultimately been linked to the ingestion of contaminated legal supplements, according to UFC senior vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky.

Essentially, the UFC and USADA have found that as drug testing technology advances -- and is capable of detecting extremely trace amounts of banned substances -- it is resulting in the punishment of athletes who have unknowingly consumed contaminated supplements and received no performance-enhancing benefits from them."

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28161474/ufc-revises-drug-policy-combat-contaminated-supplements

Its time for the NCAA to do the right thing and give Braden Galloway his year back that he lost as a result of the NCAA's miscarriage of justice. To me, this is like DNA testing coming along years later and demonstrating that people sitting on death row have been wrongfully accused.

WAKE UP NCAA AND GET WITH THE TIMES. DO THE RIGHT THING!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA...

Nov 25, 2019, 3:58 PM

has established a pattern of selective enforcement of ALL of its rules and regulations and that's not likely to change any time in the foreseeable future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The NCAA...wake up and do the right thing?

Nov 25, 2019, 4:25 PM

never have and never will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most crooked organization since the mafia.***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most crooked organization since the mafia. and inept

Nov 25, 2019, 4:41 PM

there is that too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most crooked organization since the mafia.***

Nov 25, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to The most crooked organization since the mafia.*** ]

Why would you disgrace the mafia like that? ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to The most crooked organization since the mafia.*** ]

Lol. Mafia, huh. It's owned and operated by all the universities. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh...NO !!!

Nov 25, 2019, 11:03 PM

It is a friggin' cartel. The NCAA is a private organization. While it is composed of many (though not all) of the four-year colleges that compete in intercollegiate athletics, the schools do not own the NCAA. It exists independent of them.

Nov 26, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: The most crooked organization since the mafia.*** ]

you mean worse than the SC legislature or USuC. BOT?

Not sure I buy that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA...

Nov 25, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to The NCAA... ]

Unless one of the Favored Ones has a positive test.. then they might excuse it on this rationale!

Nov 25, 2019, 7:22 PM

I think Bama had some non-starters affected by some suspensions to make it look good. But, nothing major. Losing Dexter Lawrence when your plan was to funnel them to the middle was huge. That game could have made him the #1 pick with the game plan we used. LOL!

But, who knows with that group(NCAA). They are so inconsistent with how they apply the rules!

Nov 25, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to The NCAA... ]

N...o
C...onsistency
A...t
A...ll

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zach should also get hias year back !!

Nov 25, 2019, 4:14 PM

Meanwhile at UNC, the NCAA allows athletes to use classes like this...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:19 PM

Well, in fairness...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:35 PM

after decades of making the case that the education of athletes is paramount, the NCAA now says it has no legal responsibility to make sure education is actually delivered (rolling eyes).

Even with pages of online information about academic standards, and even though the NCAA has established a system of academic eligibility and accountability that it boasts of regularly, the NCAA specifically said that they have no duty to ensure the quality of the education of student-athletes and they do not have control over member institutions like UNC.

In other words, the NCAA basically said it has no legal responsibility to ensure the academic integrity of the courses offered to student-athletes at its member institutions.

Wow...just wow !!! Talk about complete nonsense and double talk.

This pretty much cost the NCAA what little integrity it had remaining.

Re: Meanwhile at UNC, the NCAA allows athletes to use classes like this...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile at UNC, the NCAA allows athletes to use classes like this... ]

Careful, you know who will be in here to defend his "prestigious" university with his box o' insults....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meanwhile at UNC, the NCAA allows athletes to use classes like this...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:56 PM

"prestigious". Must mean something different than it used to mean. That place has shown they are a joke and I am sure they went right back to the same fraudulent junk as soon as the gutless NCAA left town

Trace Amounts!

Nov 25, 2019, 6:37 PM

Competitive Advantage! If you didn't gain any leverage from the amount of substance in your body; to me you are being somewhat "persnickity"!

***The rule is the rule people - please understand I get that and wouldn't have a problem if someone had some clear and obvious substance in their body. But, some little known substance that has been "proven it can be found in trace amounts by non-athletes" is going too far!

They try and hold the stance that it's about: honesty and integrity but U of Non-Compliance is still getting away with their online classes. Some of the rules are honestly: out of date.
If they are going to throw a blanket on their rules - throw a blanket on "all their rules"! Meaning, if it's a one size fits all punishment - make that happen. But, so many times they seem to change from case to case!
The kid who legit - needed to move home to be close to an ailing parent or grand parent who couldn't was ridiculous. A couple weeks later Justin Fields who had communicated his frustration prior to the so called threats was allowed to transfer! The #1 recruit who wasn't getting playing time didn't raise a red flag to the NCAA. But, a back up, who has no pro future can't!

In a nutshell - that's my issue with it! And them!

Re: I think NCAA owes Clemson an apology for drug testing stance

Nov 25, 2019, 4:27 PM

The one issue I can add to the defense of the NCAA here is, why ban and test for performance enhancing drugs in the first place if all someone has to do is say it came from a legal supplement if they fail a test?

I'm not saying our guys took anything on purpose, and I'd imagine it was an honest mistake linked to a supplement. However, wouldn't it be easy for someone to take the illegal drugs and also purchase legal supplements that are known to be linked to false tests for the banned substances so if they're caught they can simply show where they purchased the legal ones and blame the failed test on those?

Nov 25, 2019, 4:32 PM

Your example would result in a much higher concentration of a banned substance in someone's system. The new testing is able to detect trace amounts that tainted a legal supplement that showed up in a specific blood test. What the UFC is doing is raising the bar to allow for a small amount that can be ascertained to have been part of a legal supplement yet low enough to provide no competitive advantage and still keep someone eligible within what they will consider a legal limit.

If all the stuff I read on our investigation was correct, we

Nov 25, 2019, 6:43 PM

were never able to come up with any of our supplements that contained any trace amount of ostarine. We would have had a much better chance of winning the appeals if we had. But, we played it straight, and suffered the consequences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If all the stuff I read on our investigation was correct, we

Nov 26, 2019, 8:38 AM

Although that may be true, I believe the trace amounts detected in their samples coupled with previous test dates with clean results indicated the banned substance could not have been taken in an amount necessary to achieve a performance benefit. Therefore the logical explanation was cross contamination of a legal product ingested by the players. I could be incorrect but that was my understanding of the facts.

The NCAA Board members should be...

Nov 25, 2019, 9:56 PM

...subjected to the same drug testing as required for the athletes four times a year and fired and fined if they fail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 11:45 AM

It’s to late for the NCAA to do the right thing. How do you give those kids the CFP game and the NC game and that experience. How much did this hurt Big Dex’s draft status. How do you give the kids this season back. The damage has been done. The NCAA has stuck to Clemson once again.

I would like to see these kids bust the NCAA with huge lawsuits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 11:50 AM

Some of ya'll need to move on.

If it were USuCk players, you'd be asking why the NCAA didn't ban them for life and make USuCk vacate wins (I know, I know, that not much different than their actual record.)

Nov 26, 2019, 12:15 PM

I think what happened to Clemson’s player would be a miscarriage of justice to any of the kids in a BG or the CFB playoffs. If it was a substance that would have enhanced their performance I can see the NCAA suspending the players. But a trace amount, the substance found and the position by other sports governing bodies the have changed an athlete’s status because the amount was so small it had no affect on their performance.

The NCAA let’s child predictors run free and give Happy Valley a slap on the wrist for something that has been knowing going on for years. They let Bama tell them how they will do things down in Tuscoolusa. NCAA is just a money laundering machine worth organization that is all about the money.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic