Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Back in the late Eigties-Early Nineties we would often roll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,016

Back in the late Eigties-Early Nineties we would often roll

May 17, 2016, 8:34 AM

over to Pendleton to a restaurant/bar called The Lazy Islander. Is it still there and is it any good still?

They had that whole Jimmy Buffett theme going, which was really cool at the time..but what really drew me and my buddies were the cheap shrimp. I believe it was .10 cents per shrimp with a 12 shrimp minimum. A 5 dollar bill would fill up three guys. Of course they were making the money off the drinks we would buy and the salad which the tag-along girlfriend would order.

But I always thought it was a good place at the time, well themed though a bit out of place in a small downtown. But it worked.

Just reminiscing a bit and thinking I may check it out again the next time I head down to the Clemson area.

OK, I googled it and they are still there, though it appears the reviews are not that great....it has been almost 30 years. They still have cheap shrimp though.

Message was edited by: Tigersense®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think the guy who owned that shut down and opened

May 17, 2016, 8:37 AM

Explorers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well if we are talking good deals- Explorers for MNF

May 17, 2016, 9:03 AM

$2 pitchers and $0.10 wings

That was the best back in the 90s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back in the late Eigties-Early Nineties we would often roll

May 17, 2016, 10:07 AM

I moved to TX a few years back but I still see FB posts from friends hanging out there. A quick search of the ol' interwebs revealed this:

"http://www.islanderpubngrille.com/restaurant/Main.html"

It ain't reel hard, just type "the islander pendleton" into google or heck, just in the address bar of these new fangled interweb looking glasses. HTH and YWIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,016
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic