Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Acho on espn called out Muse the other night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Acho on espn called out Muse the other night

Jan 6, 2020, 10:35 PM

Since when do analysts feel free to call out college players on national tv. Muse is smart and does his job. He’s been a great player for Clemson football and an awesome leader. He deserves more respect than being called a weak link.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acho on espn called out Muse the other night

Jan 6, 2020, 10:38 PM

Why does everyone get all up in their feels with someone calls out Muse?? I don’t get it.

Muse is a good football player and his commitment and passion can’t be compared....but he can’t cover...He struggles in coverage. Why get mad when people point that out? Tanner isn’t beyond reproach...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

because he really is the weak link

Jan 6, 2020, 10:48 PM

but he has a hot coot girlfriend, so there's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if he's the weakest link, it's a doggone scrong chain!

Jan 6, 2020, 11:38 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

touché***

Jan 7, 2020, 12:07 AM

Jan 6, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Acho on espn called out Muse the other night ]

Muse has been fine this year. Coach V was in some bad calls early in the Virginia game that left him out to dry but ppl just want to blame muse

Jan 7, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Acho on espn called out Muse the other night ]

Same people got mad when people told the truth about Boulware. Guy was a great player, and was absolutely a massive contributor to the championship team in '16 as a player and a leader. But if you wanted to beat Clemson's defense, you targeted him in the passing game. Venables did a great job of covering it up as well as he did.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:38 PM

He can’t cover anyone in man coverage, but has the wheels to make open field tackles. Really wish the coaches would have moved him to LB.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 PM

If he gets a chance at the next level, wonder if they'll move him there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:58 PM

Yes they will. I actually think he’ll have a nice career too. The coaches have their reasons for leaving him at safety

Sigh

Jan 6, 2020, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Acho on espn called out Muse the other night ]

Muse can cover most of the time. He’s not the best man cover guy ever but he’s not a CB he’s a SS that plays in the box a lot.

He’s graded over 90% this year. That means he can cover. He’s also had some good picks this year reading the QBs eyes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Acho on espn called out Muse the other night ]

I imagine there's a reason that they didn't - like the defense is better with him at safety.

I don't see how this continual criticizing of Muse here is not either: 1. questioning the quality of our defense altogether (we don't have someone better than Tanner)) or 2. questioning the quality of the decisions being made by our defensive coaches about who should play where.

You are welcomed to questions either, but I think that is a losing proposition - #1 defense #1 DC

Jan 6, 2020, 10:40 PM

I said the same thing when I heard him! It was weird even though he did criticize Trevor most of the year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acho just being an eight-ball...***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:59 PM

They do it all the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 11:02 PM

Difference when someone calls him out and when they're just talking x and o. Listen to anyone that breaks down game film. Will tell you the same thing. Doesn't mean he's a bad person or player.

I can assure you, it's nothing CBV hasn't said to him or what he hasn't seen on film himself. No one is dumping on him because they don't like him. Same thing w potter and field goals. Great kid and love him as a Tiger but the fella ain't gonna get drafted to kick fgs. Kickoffs yes.

Tanner is excellent in run support.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acho mentions a lot of players names during his

Jan 6, 2020, 11:22 PM

breakdowns and analysis of teams. It's cool. Any talk that challenges our players is only more fuel for the fire, though.

I suspect Muse will be making a big difference in LSU's backfield in this one. Talking heads have everyone sold on him getting beat deep, and QB's and WR's salivating, but there's as good a chance that Muse will be running it up inside Burrow's grill on many occasions in the great packages that BV throws out there.

This is going to be some kind of game.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acho mentions a lot of players names during his

Jan 7, 2020, 7:55 AM

I imagine OSU heard all od the same stuff about Tanner, but I don't recall him getting burned in their passing game ? I iamgine the same for LSU.

Jan 6, 2020, 11:46 PM

Indeed Tanner is poor in pass coverage, but he's above average in run support.

I think he has a chance in the NFL as a special teams guy and backup LB.

I feel pretty confident we would not be in this game

Jan 6, 2020, 11:51 PM

without hustle plays like he made against Ohio State. That dude is a DUDE in my book.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel pretty confident we would not be in this game

Jan 7, 2020, 12:05 AM

Third team All American, not to shabby. Somebody thinks he is a good player.

Jan 7, 2020, 12:20 AM

I understand why some people on here bash him but like you said, he's as committed of a player we've had here and doesnt give up on plays and even more so doesnt hang his head when he makes a bad play. That said, i really hope he plays majority of his snaps at LB and only put him at safety if its obvious run downs or he's there to spy Burrow. I think thats what he's projected at in the NFL anyways, LB/special teams player. I said in a previous post i would like to see us run a 3-3-5 with Muse, Skalski and Simmons at LB. Terrell, Kendrick and Goodrich at DB. Denzel/Turner and Wallace at safety. On obvious passing downs go 3-2-6 with maybe a DB+LB blitz. Just my opinion. I will say that how we defended OSU and their passing game was encouraging to see before we play one of the best passing offense's ever in college football. A lot of people were complaining at how their DBs shut down our WRs but the same could be said about our DBs and their WRs.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:58 AM

Maybe a guy as dedicated and commited to Clemson as tanner, shouldn't get bashed here.

Sports commentators are another thing, but here - maybe we should just thank the guy for his many contributions and leave it at that.

What's an Acho ?

Jan 7, 2020, 7:58 AM

??

Re: What's an Acho ?

Jan 7, 2020, 8:16 AM

It's the "schmutz" that comes out of your nose when you sneeze! You wipe it on a tissue and flush it!

Jan 7, 2020, 8:05 AM

We don’t use him on man but very few times; all these people are just cherry picking a few times he was burned to pick on him.

I could go back through almost anyone’s career and find 4 plays to use as bad examples.

Running down dobbins as an example, and his ability to read what happening is why we leave him at safety

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic