Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN ranks Clemson #16 CFB Coaching Job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN ranks Clemson #16 CFB Coaching Job

Feb 26, 2015, 8:33 PM

ESPN ranks Clemson #16 CFB Coaching Job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN ranks Clemson #16 CFB Coaching Job

Feb 26, 2015, 8:34 PM

Would be much higher if people would leave the Rock alone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very Tired of ESPN Making not Reporting the News

Feb 26, 2015, 8:47 PM

B.S.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny how there aren't 15 schools

Feb 26, 2015, 11:39 PM

that Dabo would leave Clemson for. I dare say there is only 1. In fact, I'd bet a nickel that Meyer, Saban, Miles, Kelly and Sark couldn't name more than 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: funny how there aren't 15 schools

Feb 26, 2015, 11:46 PM

I imagine he is here for good, so long as we will continue to grow the program around him and give him the support he needs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if a coach has a great job they typically wont

Feb 27, 2015, 7:21 AM [ in reply to funny how there aren't 15 schools ]

leave for one that is similar or maybe slightly better. It needs to be a pretty significant improvement to move and start over. That or maybe gobs of cash.

So 3 out of the top 5, including #1

Feb 27, 2015, 8:13 AM

are not SEC, but when they pay a "compliment" is comparing you to the SEC. Yes, no bias though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a compliment. Let me translate:

Feb 27, 2015, 8:15 AM

"Clemzon has a Kentucky mentality and Vanderbilt facilities but doesn't play 'Bama. In the ACC, no one should be #1, but we are obligated to call FSU top tier because they won a National Championship. We're not obligated to put Clemzon in that tier so we will instead say there is a huge gap b/w them and FSU. Clearly, FSU is the job in the ACC because you never have to deal with things like assault, theft, law enforcement, or other fraudulent activity. But back to Clemzon... #16 because they throw money at people. We expect these salaries from 'Bama or other SEC schools, but from a Third Tier School? That's just BRIBERY. Oh, and the rest of the ACC sucks if that message wasn't clear."

Best summary yet!

Feb 27, 2015, 10:52 AM

The ESPN love fest with the SEC is hysterical, that's a fact. They've got about as much credibility as (insert your favorite Gov't, or Politician "here").

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't see we have SEC mentality as we won our bowl game.***

Feb 27, 2015, 9:17 AM

We don't have an SEC mentality.

Feb 28, 2015, 9:43 AM

We play by the rules, stress academics, graduate our players, and care about developing men as much as we do football skills. That is polar opposite from the disgusting SEC.

The only things we have in common with some of those schools is that we have a big stadium and great fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic