Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, hope KB has fun against Furman.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Well, hope KB has fun against Furman.

May 21, 2018, 5:25 PM

I think the writing is on the wall. TL will play the 2nd half and some of the first half against FU, then it's his to take and run with.

Or if you dont agree. When we go to A&M in week 2, and Kelly completes 3 screens, and overthrows a guy by 10 yards, then it will be time.

Either way. Sorry KB2 lovers. I love the kids heart and what he has done for us, but he no longer gives us the best chance to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, hope KB has fun against Furman.

May 21, 2018, 5:38 PM

My initial thought is to agree from what I saw the latter part of last year and in the Spring Game. But, what happens over the summer will determine KB's fate. If he is able to get his mojo, he can still be a terrific QB. If he can't find the groove, I think (hope) he'll be on the bench pretty quickly. He does deserve a chance to prove himself, though.... and Trevor should have to get a break and perform. If that happens and Trevor performs, he should become the starter.

May 21, 2018, 5:46 PM

I'm afraid we won't be challenged enough to bench KB. I mean KB can very likely get us to 12-0 because of the schedule. So can TL...but TL is going to have a better upside for the playoffs

May 21, 2018, 6:57 PM

Agree, avg QB can run through our reg season....especially with the talent around him

May 21, 2018, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, hope KB has fun against Furman. ]

Score of a football game isn’t the reason KB is going to be repacked by TLaw. TLaw is just that far ahead talent wise that even a former 5 star with a year in the system saw the writing.

I think KB stays involved and has short yardage packages where he will play but it will be situationally. KB is also still a leader on the team and will help keep everyone in check.

Bottom line though, it’s not close at this point from what we’ve read and the spring game. You have to play the best way player or it will kill recruiting and that’s what the coaches will do. Allow KB to start his senior year and after a half Trevor takes over main QB duties.

May 21, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, hope KB has fun against Furman. ]

He has had 3+ years to find his mojo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 5:53 PM

Let’s be honest if TL is starting KB is still going to get tons PT when we’re up by 30 at halftime in most of our games,

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 21, 2018, 6:34 PM

+1

May 21, 2018, 7:20 PM

If it’s as obvious as the spring was that TL is that much better , I would hope Dabo names TL starter.
Dabo is not stupid and will do the right thing.
KB is not going to ever throw the ball better than TL

May 21, 2018, 7:31 PM

It’s Furman.... TL will not start against A&M, KB beat AU last his first game. Stop hating on KB. My God... so cocky. Dabo made this an Elite destination but give me a break... not everybody is Deshaun. KB took us to the playoffs his first year starting. Kids got heart, I see the issues with him, i.e., throwing past 10 yards but he went 12-2, took CU to the playoffs, who are we to complain., it’s college...

May 21, 2018, 7:37 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if KB transferred. Everyone is scared of the chosen one.

It's strange that I agree with you as far as Trevor taking..

May 21, 2018, 8:23 PM

the starting job early in the season. What's strange is I seldom depart from consideration of the circumstances in drawing my conclusions about complicated issues. Trevor hasn't played a down of live NCAA football and we have no idea if A&M will be any good.

I know Trevor has a much higher ceiling than Bryant but I can't get past wondering if Bryant couldn't beat A&M with a broken leg which, if true, may prolong the decision to move Trevor to starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's transferring to Furman, that's an unfair advantage***

May 21, 2018, 8:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

May 21, 2018, 9:33 PM

Chances of KB2 making the pros as a QB.......nearly 0%.........chances of KB making a pro team at another position..........much better and probably gets drafted if he gets the opportunity to show what he can do..........he is a big guy who is unbelievably talented.......really hope he gets an opportunity at some other positions this season to show the pros what he can do and help his draft status..........Go Tigers!!!!

May 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

Not nearly zero percent. It is zero percent. I hope he changes positions too in order to have a shot at the draft.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic