Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well guys wish me luck. Today is the day of my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Well guys wish me luck. Today is the day of my

Jan 27, 2018, 10:39 AM

wife's family reunion, and being that she and her entire family are North Carolina born and raised. By the time I leave the reunion today, I'll be the most hated in-law in the family. I haven't been to the reunion in the past few years, but I promised my wife that I would go this year. Rest assured when they have had a bad year in FB, and all the D1 schools are represented in that family bc there is about 300 of them that does the reunions, but anyway when they have had a bad year in FB, they are like the coots with playing the Basketball card. But that doesn't work on me with them bc I have always stuck to the fact that I don't know nothing about a game where a guy can throw the ball in the basket and he will get 2 points, and another can throw it and he gets 3 wink wink, :), and all that don't make sense to me and that usually ends all basketball conversations;) bc trying to get me talking about BBall is fruitless!!! They all believe that I only know about FB, and talking about Clemson FB I'm full of, and knowledgeable with our FB history. I will drive up wearing a NC hoodie, and a NC ball cap. The first thing on their mind when see me wearing our FB National championship colors will be, OH NO, he's here!!! On my way to Greensboro to have a nice day:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well guys wish me luck. Today is the day of my

Jan 27, 2018, 10:54 AM

For a second I thought you meant a North Carolina cap and hoodie, but then realized it was all about football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be polite, but if things get out of hand, there’s always the

Jan 27, 2018, 12:29 PM

WORST ACADEMIC SCANDAL IN NCAA HISTORY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: be polite, but if things get out of hand, there’s always the

Jan 27, 2018, 5:44 PM

I used that one today and most agreed but with some saying it wasn't as bad as it was tried to be made out to be, the door was open for ole me to attack, and I did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 12:40 PM

I have found the best way to handle a situation like this is to eat all the good food you can hold. Don't bring up sports or politics, then if someone else does just be gracious and move on. It's only for one day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 5:47 PM

You're right but I can't do it, I just can't!!!

Jan 27, 2018, 12:43 PM

Did you write all this while driving up there? I hope not.

Jan 27, 2018, 6:18 PM

No I didn't but, I had a pleasant surprise when we were leaving home. When we were pulling away from the house, my wife told me that the reunion was at her brother's house in Charlotte North Carolina this year, and I was happy about that bc I hate that long Greensboro drive!!! She says that she had already told me that, but I don't remember a word of it!!!:)

I sure hope you took advantage of the fact that NC State

Jan 27, 2018, 8:57 PM

beat them in bball today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure hope you took advantage of the fact that NC State

Jan 27, 2018, 9:50 PM

I know nothing about BBall around them, that would be arming them with something to screw me with!!!

Jan 27, 2018, 12:45 PM

congratulate them on their basketball and then tell them you hate that they dissolved their football program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wear the colors proudly.

Jan 27, 2018, 5:47 PM

Be a Clemson Gentleman and make your wife proud to have you. That will eff with them more than rubbing our record of success in their faces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wear the colors proudly.

Jan 27, 2018, 6:29 PM

Actually most were complimenting Clemson today about the way we have been playing FB the last few years, and said they were glad that we beat Bama for our NC win. A few of them think we may win the NCG again this coming season. Well most except for a few puppy fans that believe they should have beat us. This was a pretty good reunion this year, but I still don't like them, there has been a long past history with me and them Yankees from the north!!!:)

Jan 27, 2018, 5:55 PM

"Wish me luck" might not cover it. I'm not even religious and I'd have gone full-blown prayer request on this one.

Jan 27, 2018, 6:03 PM

I live in NC and do what I do when around UNC fans.

Tell them you'd pull for the Taliban if they played Duke.

They'll treat you like a king!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 2:43 PM

They made up grades and made up CLASSES!! African American studies? remember that one?

Jan 28, 2018, 2:37 PM

Hope you got Aunt Martha's recipes for applesauce cake and pecan cookies - that's what family reunions are supposed to be about! :)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic